Chapter 21

I Met My Lover On A Site [MULTI-CHAPTER]

Okay, now he really had to think of the perfect way to tell Zitao what was going to be happening.

Now, Kris had thought about leaving the job with Key and going to the wedding with Zitao, but then he constantly reminded himself of how popular this would make him, how much he would rise in the business, and how better his job would be. This would make him a professional, this is the chance of a lifetime.

And as much as he wanted to go with Zitao, he couldn’t leave it.

But he knew how much this was going to hurt Zitao.

So he had to think of the perfect way to ask him.

But right now, he had to go to work again and do a photo-shoot with Baekhyun that he was actually glad about.

Kris needed someone to discuss this with, and although he was usually awkward around Baekhyun, he did consider him one of his best friends so he hoped that the boy could help him find a way around this.

When he moved into the building, he saw that many people were looking at him.

Which was unsettling.

Suddenly someone ran up to him and grinned.

“Congrats Yifan! That’s such an amazing chance you’ve got!”

Kris had to guess that the other was talking about Key, and for the fact he had no idea who this guy was, he just nodded and shook his hand, smiling happily and thanking the guy with a nod.

Moving away, he gripped his camera tightly and quickly moved to the photo shoot.

When he got there, he was glad to see that Baekhyun was already walking around getting ready and even looking for him.

Their gazes caught each other and Baekhyun ran over.

“Kris! I just heard!” he shouted, running over and jumping into the blonde’s arms and squeezing him tightly.

Yifan rolled his eyes but hugged him back for a second.

“Let me go.” Kris warned, and the other moved away and grinned at him.

“Congratulations!” The model shouted, grinning and patting his shoulder a little.

Kris smiled but the other could tell he was uneasy.

Sighing, he took a hold of Yifan’s arm and moved him into dressing room that was thankfully empty so they could have a quiet talk. Shutting the door, he turned to the photographer and pushed him to the couch, sitting beside him.

Placing his hands on his thighs, he spoke.

“Spill.”

Kris was also very glad that Baekhyun seemed to always catch on when something was wrong which stopped him from acting whiny.

“It’s about the trip to New York.”

Baekhyun looked at him like he was crazy.

“You aren’t going to give it up are you?!” he shouted, and Kris flinched at the tone of the other’s voice.

“I don—“

Baekhyun interrupted him skilfully.

“Because if you do then your career basically goes down the drain.”

Kris sighed, before he tried to talk again.

“Baekhyun, I do—“

Again, interrupted.

“Seriously, this is the biggest promotion you could ask for. Your life is fixed after this photo-shoot.”

Now the photographer was getting really annoyed, especially when the model just continued to talk.

“Everything will work out for you! Nothing can go wro—“

“Shut the up!” Kris shouted, making the younger flinch back himself and stare at him with wide eyes.

Looking at him like he was crazy.

Kris sighed but took a deep breath.

“Look. I really want to go, but the trip to New York is during the period of Tao’s friend’s wedding. I was invited to be his plus one, and he was so excited over the fact I was going to go. I don’t want to hurt him, he’ll be devastated.”

Kris finally finished and he felt his heart break at the sound of the situation itself, it was going to be a tough couple of days.

And just after he had gotten together with the love of his life. Someone was playing jokes on him, seriously.

Baekhyun sighed and he pouted at the situation is friend was in.

It was a hard one for sure.

“But I guess I already know your point of view huh?” Kris said, motioning to the big speech Baekhyun had just gave him anyway. And he knew he was right, this was huge for his career, but it was just Tao he was worried about.

“Yeah…” Baekhyun whispered. “Look, just talk to him, he’ll understand.”

Kris hoped he was right.

“…Let’s go to your photo-shoot.” He said, and Baekhyun nodded, moving up so they could all get on the shoot.

The day was horrible, Kris couldn’t focus on his work because he was too worried to how Zitao was going to react to this. He didn’t think he could stand seeing his boyfriend look so bad, but he was going to have to tell him.

Which was why he was standing at his front door, rose in hand.

Only a rose, he didn’t want to look like he was trying to make the other do something he didn’t want to.

But the rose was going to be a nice touch.

Knocking on the door, he started to feel his body tense up at the vision of the next few minutes that he was going to be talking to Tao about it.

The door was opened, but his expression fell once he saw who opened it.

“Kris!” Suho exclaimed, grinning at the blonde who stood in front of it. “You’re just in time!”

He pulled the taller in and grinned. Well safe to say that Kris was completely confused at the situation.

“Uh, where is Zitao?” Kris asked, placing the rose into his jacket so that Suho didn’t see it. The other guy turned around and smiled at him.

“At Yixing’s bachelor party.” Suho explained, and Kris face palmed.

The day that he wanted to talk to him, Zitao would be out.

But why was the bachelor parties so early before the wedding?

“Why is Yixing having it now?” he wondered, and Suho chuckled before he rolled his eyes.

“Well, he didn’t want it to close to the wedding so we’d be able to pay for it. But I’m glad you made it to mine!”

Kris’s eyes widened.

“Yours?” he asked, and Suho nodded before grabbing onto his wrist and pulling him into the living room. “You’re having it in Zitao’s living room?” he wondered, noticing there was only a few guys here, but they were already drinking beer, and Kris seemed to feel like he was the odd one out.

Not like he really knew Suho either.

“For now, but we’re going out later. Come have a drink!”

Kris smiled and nodded. Maybe he needed this. Just to have a party and forget about his problems right now.

“Get up.”

Kris groaned and shook his head, hugging into the pillow that was pushed up against his chest and he kept his eyes closed and tried his best to drift into dreamland where he had no problems whatsoever.

“Kris.”

The voice was familiar, but Kris’s head hurt too much to wake up.

Stupid drink.

Stupid club.

Stupid bachelor’s party.

He felt someone grab him and roll him over to his back, that’s when he finally opened his eyes slowly and looked up at the person interrupting his dreamy state.

And his eyes widened when he noticed his hot boyfriend staring down at him with a godforsaken angelic smile playing on his lips. It was like he was teasing him, and Kris felt like a fool.

Tao was never supposed to see him like this.

Not until they got drunk together.

“Tao!” Kris shouted before he stood up and ran his fingers through his messy bed hair and he dropped the pillow. “Wh-What are you doing here?” he asked, trying to make himself look presentable although that was probably impossible.

“It’s my house.” Zitao stated, chuckling.

Kris looked around and noticed he was in a room that he didn’t really recognise.

“And my room.”

And there we go, he felt even more embarrassed.

“…Hey Tao.” Kris smiled, trying his best to look a bit civilised.

The boy in front of him chuckled and pointed over to another room.

“Bathroom.”

Kris blushed a little before he moved over to the bathroom and shut the door behind him before he looked into the mirror and sighed. Wow, he looked like an utter mess, that’s just how he wanted Zitao to see him in the morning. Hung-over with a big hairdo from moving too much.

Wetting his face, he took a deep breath and left the room, smiling when he noticed that some clothes had been left out on the bed for him.

Zitao was such a sweetheart.

Changing, he moved down the stairs and he saw his boyfriend in the kitchen alone.

He supposed that this was the best time to do it.

Shaking his head, he let out his breath before he walked behind his boyfriend and kissed his neck once before moving around and standing in front of him instead, smiling at the other who was doing the same to him.

“Hey babe.” Kris whispered.

Zitao grinned and replied sweetly.

“Hey Kris.” He sounded so nervous but it was adorable.

“I need to talk to you.” Kris said, deciding to just get it over and done with, the other seemed to tense up at the sentence though.

That boy was so adorable.

“Zitao, our relationship is fine.” He chuckled and he saw Zitao’s face soften at that and he chuckled.

“So what is it?” the younger asked, and Kris took a deep breath.

So much for the rose.

He had no idea where his jacket even was.

“At work, a couple of days ago, I got a fantastic opportunity.” He started, and he saw his boyfriend’s face light up.

Zitao grinned and he looked very excited.

“What is it!?” he exclaimed, and Kris chuckled.

“Do you know the fashion designer Key?” he asked, and the boy’s face lit up once again.

“Of course! Is it something to do with him?” Zitao wondered.

“Yes actually. He asked me to be the main photographer for his fashion magazine.” Kris said, smiling slightly at the idea, but then he remembered the conversation he was having and his smile faltered a little.

Zitao grinned and placed his hands on top of Yifan’s.

“That’s absolutely amazing!”

Kris nodded.

“Yeah, it’s going to do wonders for my career.” Kris said, thinking about the fame he’d get and probably a hell of a lot more opportunities. “It really is a big thing.” But his voice was in a sad tone.

His boyfriend looked up at the boy and frowned.

“Kris… what’s wrong?” he asked, very worried.

The blonde took a deep breath before he straightened his back and stared into his boyfriend’s beautiful eyes. Okay, so here goes. You can do it Kris, don’t worry, he’ll understand completely.

He hoped.

“I’m going to New York for three weeks.”

Zitao’s eyes widened.

“Really? That’ll be a wonderful trip.” He said, smiling at him. Kris closed his eyes slowly before he spoke the other catch.

“The trip belongs on November 3rd. For three weeks.”

There was silence until Kris watched his boyfriend’s expression fall for a single split second before he smiled at him.

“Oh…”

Kris gulped as he saw how utterly disappointed his boyfriend looked, showing that he knew exactly what this meant.

“So… you can’t make it to the wedding?” he wondered, fidgeting with his fingers a little as he stared down at the floor, furrowing his eyebrows every now again.

And this was what Kris really didn’t want to see.

The boy looked like he was about to ing cry, and he could feel his heart shatter.

This wedding meant so much to that boy.

And Kris felt so damn bad. Moving over to him, he placed his arms around the other’s shoulders and held him close. He held the boy’s head to his shoulder and let his other hand begin to rub his back.

“I’m sorry baby.” Kris whispered, but he could feel the other freeze in his hold.

That was when his friends came in, Suho and Yixing.

“Hey guys!” Yixing shouted, his happy voice faltering when he saw Zitao break away from his boyfriend and stare up at him with trembling lips. “What’s going on?” he asked, watching as Zitao simply shook his head before he ran past them.

If Kris didn’t feel bad before, the looks he gained from the other two sent him to the deepest parts of hell.

Suho suddenly turned and rushed after Tao.

Weird, Kris thought Yixing would’ve done that, but instead, the boy moved closer to Kris with a stern glare.

“What did you do?” he asked, and Kris sighed.

“I told him, I can’t make it to your wedding. I’m sorry.” Kris explained, leaning against the counter behind him and folding his arms across his chest, the image of Tao running out was replaying in his mind.

Lay looked at him in disbelief.

Was Lay that hurt about this too? Even when they didn’t even really know each other?

“Why not?!” he shouted, his eyes widening and he looked incredibly angry at Yifan just now.

“I have to work.” Kris stated simply, not really wanting to go into it, he really didn’t want to think about the New York trip just now. The other continued to glare at him hard, and Kris didn’t want to think what would happen if ‘looks could kill’ because he would surely be a mess on the floor right now.

“Seriously? You’re leaving him for work?!” Lay shouted.

The blonde looked at him as if he was absolutely crazy.

“What are you talking about? I’m sorry I can’t go to your wedding, but this is a big opportunity for me, and my career.” Yifan explained, trying not to sound like a bigoted but the other was getting out of hand.

Lay sighed and face palmed.

“This was a big night for Tao, Kris.”

The other’s sentence sent shivers down his spine.

“What do you mean?” he asked, wondering how this situation was going to get worse, and he was pretty sure that it was about to get much judging on the other’s expression. The other took a deep breath before he explained.

“Last night, when he got a little tipsy, he told me that during the nights at my wedding, he wanted you to make love to him.”

Kris’s face paled immediately.

His breathing started to quicken, and his eyes were going blurry.

This was a much bigger deal than he thought.

Not saying anything to Yixing, he felt like he had to get out of there now. When he got to the door, he heard someone speak in a soft voice.

“Yifan, you’re going already?” Zitao asked, and the older twisted around immediately to face his boyfriend whose eyes were puffy and whose cheeks were wet. Nonetheless the boy still looked beautiful.

Sighing, he moved over to him and placed his hands on his shoulders.

“I’m sorry Zitao, I’m so sorry.” He whispered, and the boy just looked at him confusedly.

“For what? Taking the best opportunity you could have? Don’t apologise.” Zitao said, smiling up at him, and Yifan felt that he had never loved anyone more than he did right now.

Leaning down, he cupped the boy’s cheeks and placed their lips together in a slow and passionate kiss. Zitao moaned and held onto Yifan’s waist and moved his head up. Kris slowly pushed his tongue through the other’s mouth and it slowly massaged the other’s hot muscle before he began exploring his mouth. He held onto the other’s neck and he removed his lips.

Looking down, he pressed his lips against Zitao’s nose and smiled.

“I’ll talk to you later okay?” he said, and Zitao nodded, panting a little.

Chuckling, he turned to the door and opened it, sending a wink to the boy before he left.

At least everything was sort of okay now. He just had to make sure that he made Zitao’s life heaven when he came back.

“Are you ready to go?” Key asked as he held onto his suitcase.

Kris gulped and looked around the airport, before he sighed and took a glance at the watch tied to his right wrist.

It was already half an hour later than the time Zitao said he would be here.

He was leaving for his trip to New York, and he really wanted to see his boyfriend before he left for not seeing him for three weeks. That was going to kill him, but at least he’d be settled if he saw him just now.

Looking at Key, he noticed he was becoming very impatient.

Sighing, he nodded and turned around, walking to the private plane he was flying there on.

“Kris!” he heard his name being shouted.

Grinning as he recognised the voice, he dropped his bag and whisked around flying straight for the boy who was speeding towards him. Once they met in the middle, Kris threw his arms around the boy and lifted him up. They both giggled before he placed the younger down and he moved down.

“Hello!” He shouted, and Zitao immediately pecked him.

“I thought I was going to miss you.” Zitao whispered, and Yifan shook his head.

“I’m glad you’re here.” Kris replied, before he moved down and pecked the other again. “But babe, I really need to go.”

Once he said that, he saw the other’s expression die down a little.

Leaning down, he the other’s cheek.

“I’ll be back soon okay? And I promise when I do, I’ll make sure that you’ll be the happiest boy around, okay? Send my regards to Lay and Suho.” Kris explained before he kissed him one last time and ran back to his bag.

Following the impatient and rather annoyed Key, he looked back to see Zitao childishly waving at him and shouted ‘bring me lots of presents!’ over the airport. The blonde laughed a little before he nodded and blew him a kiss.

When he was on the plane, and his luggage was gone, he took a seat and let out a sigh of relief.

Everything was fine now.

Thank God.

 


A/N: I'm sorry for the lateness. But I hope you enjoy this!