Chapter 16

I Met My Lover On A Site [MULTI-CHAPTER]

Tao had just been messaged the time of the date he and Kris was going to have that night. It made him feel all giddy inside.

They had both agreed on 6.30pm.

He honestly couldn't wait. 

But he couldn't think about that right now, there were dilemma's he had to sort out first. 

Like the wardrobe problem he was having. Which is why he was in the town mall right now with a wallet full of £20 notes. He was ready to be the hottest he could be for Kris tonight. So what if it cost him a full weeks wages...or five weeks wages. It was so worth it. 

This night was going to be perfect. 

The panda went into all the shop stores he could think of - International, Dorothy Perkins, Primark (as a last resort), Burtons, Dolce & Gobana. But he just couldn't find anything that he wanted. It was very very very frustrating to be very honest. Why couldn't everything just be handed to him? 

He had texted Kris and told him that he didn't want to dress up completley in suits and wanted it to be sort of casual. He didn't want them both to be awkward aroudn eachother, and the panda thought that being in casual clothes would help set the mood. 

But now  he kinda wished he didn't.

It would be so much easier if all he had to do was go and pick out a suit for him to wear. But now he has to look for a full outfit. 

Then he passed a shop that made him stop and turn back. He knew he shouldn't, but he did. He entered the shop called 'Gucci'. This heaven was the panda's hell. 

He got greeted kindly but the doorman when he entered the shop and the smell of expensive leather and cotton rose in his nose and he knew he shouldn't be in here. At all. Not even for his date tonight. But he could not help himself at all. The look of everything was just too engazing to Tao. He was corrupted by it all. 

First of he went to the shirts section of the shop (It was a big shop) and looked around. Smart but casual, smart but casual. He then came across a lovely Black button up long sleeved fitted shirt. Wow that was a mouthfull. He picked it up off of the rail and looked in the side mirror put the shirt on his chest to see how it would look. And damn did he look fine. He smirked and then did the thing he didn't want to. 

He looked at the price tag.

£190

(http://www.gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201305/web_zoomin/269070_21131_1000_001_web_zoomin.jpg)

Well it wasn't that bad.

He smiled a little happily and then looked for a worker who he could tell to hold his stuff. If your buying stuff like your rich, why not act it? Plus being rich for a day could be fun. Never mind scratch that. It is fun.

The worker who was a blonde bimbo for all he could care smiled and gladly held onto the shirt for him. 

He then looked at the trousers and jeans section where he found the most perfect black jeans ever. They were so nice looking, like they would fit on his legs perfectly! He almost squealed when he picked them up and felt the cotton. He could just rub the fabric on his face...but that probably wouldn't be the greatest idea in here...but it would be funny to see a grown man rub jeans on his face. He'd pay to see that.

Then once again he looked at the price tag.

Damn.

£445.

(http://www.gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201208/web_zoomout/295824_XZ723_1000_001_web_zoomout.jpg)

Well that was a bit out of his price range. He was about to put them back...but he couldn't. They were just too nice! He guessed he'd just have to work a few more shifts.

He grinned and then handed them to the same women. 

Now for the perfect shoes. 

He almost had the most amazing outfit for tonight. The panda's heart was racing and he couldn't be happier. He didn't even care about the price at this moment. Nothing like that mattered. 

When he reached the shoe part of the shop his jaw dropped at the amount of shoes they actaully had. Of course it was both girls and guys shoes but there was so many of them! Tao's eyes glittered and he his lips. God. This was a reason he wasn't fat. Clothes and shoes were more apetizing to him. Maybe that was as problem though. 

He looked through them all. He could admit it. Every single pair were amazing looking, it was so hard to choose.

Those were the ones right there. 

He pointed to them for the worker with all his other clothes to pick up and smile at him. Then he looked at the price for these lovley looking shiny leather smart shoes.

£420

(http://www.gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201304/web_zoomout/281935_BNC10_1000_001_web_zoomout.jpg)

His breathe hitched but it didn't make him tell the girl to put them down. 

They both went to the counter so Tao could buy them. He bet this was seriously going to plague his wallet, but the grin was still on his face. He was probably even creeping out the other customers but he didn't care. This panda was happy.

"Thank you for purchasing! That will be £1055 please!"

Tao coughed a little. 

For Kris. For Kris. It's for your hot date tonight Tao. It's for your hot date tonight! 

He went into his wallet and brought out his credit card that he has never used in his life. It was given to him by his mum and dad for emergencies. Well this was an emergency right? Yeah it was.

He handed it over to the woman with the large smile. 

They were packed for him and placed in a lovely feeling bag. He took it and walked out of the shop. He felt good and robbed at the same time but. Yeah. 

Then the tall man remembered something. 

The pictures!

Panda started to run towards the photo shop and finally got handed the picture of a lifetime. He smiled as he opened it and saw how both of them looked. It was cute and loving at the same time. 

God tonight was going to be so amazing. 

It will be perfect.

 

*************************************************************************************************

 

Zi tao was in the bathroom with hair gel in one hand and a comb in the other. His hair had to be perfect. 

"Gah you look so awesome Taooooooo!" 

Tao grinned as he saw Ji eun from the mirror. She had been staying over at his house ever since they met each other again. Tao had been find it fun none the less espically when he showed the outfit he had bought. She couldn't believe he had spent all of that money on only clothes but nevertheless she had supported him in looking hot.

Now he was all ready and a bag was hanging from his shoulders with the pictures in it and his wallet.

"Time to go!"

 

*************************************************************************************************

 

Once he got out of his texi he had looked at the watch that was hidden by his sleeves. 6.30pm. 

Right on time. Tao smiled and wlked in the restaurant just wanting to see his date. 

When he entered a waiter was there to greet him. He nodded when the waiter aske dif he was waiting for a Yi Fan? Cute. 

He follwed the bald man and his breathing stopped when he saw Kris stand there next to the table that he was heading towards. What was this world. Heaven? He could already tell a blush had greeted his cheeks but he kept walking foward.

"Hello."

God that voice of his. He bit his lips to hold in a squeal of delight, could you believe that this man was actually standing here waiting for the panda? Tao couldn't.

"Hey Kris."

It took so much effort for him not to stutter. He saw Kris move one of his hands up and then he caught sight of something that was in it. A single white rose. Oh god Kris you're too much. He did not expect this at all, if he didn't really want to see how the night turned out he would have fainted already at the rose.

"I-Is that for me?"

His eyes were wide as he kept staring. He wanted to hold it and know what it smelt like. Would it smell like Kris because he had been holding onto it? 

He felt Kris take one of his own hands and pass over the rose to him camly and softly.

"Of course it is. I hope you like it."

The panda nodded but his face created a bigger blush when he saw Kris go behind his chair. He's going to do that?

"Are...you trying to embarass me?"

He sat down and his heart jumped a little when Kris pushed it further in, it was fun if he admitted it. Being treated like a delicate flower. He appreciated it alot.

"No, just trying to show you my romantic side."

He stared at the other while he made his way around the table to sit down on his own seat with a smile thrown towards Tao. God he looked so good.  That white t-shirt and the black blazer that loosely hung around it made his chest and shoulders obvious. Plus that collarbone. God. He wanted to reach out and touch it. But Tao realised that wouldn't be proper ettiquite for a date. Tao laughed in his head. 

"Well, it's very thoughtful."

Tao looked back down to the white delicate rose that was still in his grasp. He didn't know what to do with it, he knew he couldn't keep holding it either, he couldn't eat properly with a rose in his hand.

It was minutes later that the waiter had taken their orders and asked them to wait patiently for their food. Thats when Tao remembered about the present he had in his bag.

"I've actually got a present for you too."

The panda took the bag from under the table and took out the photo he had brought with him. He handed it over to a very confused looking Kris but after seeing what it was a smirk formed on his lips and Tao could have died just then. Everything about Kris just killed him.

"Is this for my empty photo frame?"

"Yes, It'll fit. I've got one of my own too..."

He quietened down the last part of that sentance. Was it weird that he already had the picture hanging on his wall above his dresser? That he looked at every chance he could? Ji eun had helped him put it up.

"This is perfect."

Tao looked at Kris nervously and shrugged his shoulders. Was it?

"Really Zitao."

Ah, a use of his full name.

Both of them were looking at eachother and Tao couldn't take it, it was so embarrassing for some reason he didn't know. he looked away and found something else to concentrate on, although in his head all there was was pictures of Kris floating around in there. 

Their food had arrived and Tao was so hungry but he couldn't show that in front of the elder. He'd probably look like a pig. But it was weir dit was a comfortable eating silence. Well until someone interuptted it.

"So, Tao, I wanted to go on this date to get to know you right?"

Tao nodded and put another forkful of the delicous food in his mouth again... He heard Kris give a laugh and he samiled through his food.

"So, let's start interrogating, shall we?"

Kris winked at him and the panda giggled through his throat. Such a gentleman.

"Yeah sure."

"Shall we start with...your hobbies maybe?"

"Well, most of the time, I work..but I guess, I like to dance and sing quite a lot..." 

He's never actually told anyone that if he's really honest it made him nervous to talk about it. It was more like a secret thing he liked to do when no one was ever around. But actually in school he was quite popular as the singer and dancer that won all the talent shows. But of course he would never tell the other this.

"Really? I need to hear and see this sometime."

Tao shook his head like there was no tomorrow. No way was Kris ever going to see that.

"Hell no."

"Aw, why not?"

"I'd be way too embarrassed to do that."

"If...I give something in return, will you show me then?"

tao thought about it. He put down his fork which still had a bit of food on it. So he wanted to play it this way huh? Well an eye for an eye they say. He smirked as he thought about finding out what Kris could do.

"Oh really? Like what?"

Now he was really interested. Kris looked as if he was in deep thought. It shouldn't be too hard to think of a hobbie right?

"I'll rap for you. If you sing for me."

Tao sighed a little. Should he really let Kris see him sing? He would have lost a lot of the goodness in his voice as he's grew older and too be honest its been a few months before hes really actually had the chance to sing to himself. 

"Come on..."

he could laugh at Kris right now. Edging him on? Fine then.

"Okay, okay, okay. Whatever you want."

Tao pouted trying to see if it would make the other change his mind. Apparently not. But for some reason it didn't really bother him all that much. 

"Great!"

The other had shouted and he looked so happy to have gotten the panda to agree. Was it that precious to him. God Kris. Tao knew that the other was making him fall in love with him more and more everyday. 

They both were just talking about random small things, like a real couple would do on a date. It was really really nice, almost perfect. That was of course until Tao heard a ringing sound coming from his abandoned bag under his chair. Well this was embarrassing. He blushed as he reached into his bag to get the disturbing device.  He realised Kris smile at him and he moved out of his seat to the edge of the table to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Tao it's Ji eun...somethings happened I need you to come back right this second!"

"Ji eun. Im with Kris."

He changed the phone to his left ear.

"I know but its a family emergency. Your mum and dad want you to come back to your house right now."

"No! I wont! They're not going to spoil my date again!"

"Tao! Please It's sort of serious. It's about...him..."

Tao switched the phone once more.

"Him? Is he back?"

"Yes. And he wants to speak with you. Please come home. Everyones here."

"In my house?!" 

"Tao! Please! Don't be a spoil sport"

"Fine i'll be there soon."

He then hung up furoiously. How dare they do this to him. Everything was going so perfectly nad now here he was, about to leave his date on his own. Damn them!

Tao looked over to Kris with saddness in his eyes. He didn't want to leave.

The boy started walking over to the table again when he felt someone bash into him and he landed on the floor. With drink. All over his outfit. All over his £1000 outift.  He just lay there on the floor until he felt someone pick him up hurriedly.

Kris.

"Oh my god Tao, are you alright?"

Tao was fuming. This couldn't have gone any worse could it? He saw Kris grab paper towels off of the waiter and start to dry him off. Like paper towels were going to help any of this. He just stood still as Kris franctically tried to dry him off. It was useless. But then he felt Kris put his strong but soft hands on his shoulders and look at him straight in the eye.

"What's wrong?" 

Tao looked away. Did he really need to say it? He has just messed up the full date and didn't really want to admit it.

"Tao."

The other sighed and looked up.

"Sorry...that was my cousin on the phone."

He felt the hands come off of him and it looked like Kris had calmed down a little as he started to nervously scratch the back of his head. Oh Kris...Tao closed his eyes and opened them again. 

"And...what were they saying?"

"I need to go now."

Tao looked at Kris. This was all ruined. he felt like crying he was sure his eyes were starting to get wetter and wetter.

"Oh."

Don't do that Kris. Don't just say 'oh'. 

"I'm really sorry Kris. But it's urgent."

He knew his body was shaking at the confession. Were they ever going to get a break? It didn't feel like this was going to happen at all.

"It's fine Zitao. If you need to go then go."

Did Kris think that the other really hadn't noticed the fake smile he had put on for him. He nodded at his statement nevertheless and went over to pick up his bag. 

 

"I'll pay for my ha--"

"No need. I had fun for the most part."

For the most part. Before Tao went and ruined everything that Kris had actually put together to make the perfect night. He nodded and smiled sadly at the taller one before he turned around and headed out of the restaurants door, signalling for a taxi to take him home and away from the person he knew that he had made sad for the night.

 

**********************************************************************************************************

 

The taxi had stopped at his apartment/flat and he sauntered in. Not really wanting to face what apparently is hiding in his house. His mind would not stop travelling back to the look on Kris' face when Tao had told him he needed to leave. It looked so painful and hurtful. Tao could cry at the image that was stuck in his head. 

He got into his house and didn't even bother taking off his expensive shoes. He hoped he could just run out of here again anyway.

Suddenly Ji Eun then appeared at the steps before the living room. She had a small smile on her face. Not completely sad but a bit of happiness was there too. 

"You came. He's in there. Tao, i'm sorry you had to leave Kris but isn't this important as well?"

Tao sighed. He knew it was but he didn't want it too be. Kris was more important in his head. But with Ji eun practically beggin him to come home he had no choice did he? 

"How does he look?"

The panda saw Ji eun wriggle her eyebrows about in a y way and for the first time in that half an hour he gave her a real smile. She ran over and grabbed onto his arm and pulled him along.

"He's in there with your mum and dad."

Tao sighed but nodded while allowing himself to get pulled along to his doom...well not quite but yeah. How many reunions does he need in a dew days really?

Then when he entered his breathing did stop for a while but he realised the reason he cuoldn't breathe was because of the arms that had wrapped around him squeezing him tightly. This sort of seemed like Deja vu. 

He mouthed the words 'can't breathe' to Ji eun who pulled the boy off. 

"Tao-cub!!! I haven't seen you in so long! How are you?"

Tao grinned a little at the sound of his friends voice. It was deeper than the last time he had heard it.

"Hey Yixing! What are you even doing here? You ruined my night!"

'Yixing' laughed and hooked his arm around Tao's shoulders bringing them closer together. 

"Ah I just made your night better! Hey do you remember my dashing over the moon totally y beastly amazing gorgeous boyfriend Suho?"

Tao laughed at the long list of compliments. Yixing was always like that in highschool. With any boyfriend he would get he fell in love with them instantly, its probably a bad thing to have as a part of your personailty but Tao loved it about the other man. He's just glad Yixing hadn't fallen in love with him at any point. That would be so awkward.

"Yes I do remember him. Are you still with him? How long has that been? 4, 5 years?"

"5 years last month! Anyway, we want to give you something!"

Tao looked at the other curiously. So Lay came all the way from the coast of the country to Seoul just to give him something? it better not be something that he shouldn't be showing his parents. He knows how Lay's mind works. 

"What is then?"

Lay grinned and went to the couch to pick up an envelope.

Tao grabbed it off the man and opened it franctically. 

We hereby invite you Huang ZiTao and plus 1 to join us on our, Zhang Yixing and Kim Joonmyun's, wedding day on November 15th

We both hope you can attend.

Tao was just staring at the letter in awe. His best friend was getting married? What the hell has happened to the world today? 

He grinned and through his arms around Yixings shoulders hugging him tightly. He really couldn't believe it! And it was only in a month! He was so happy for both of them.

"Where Suho?"

Tao coughed a little as he asked where the other groom was. 

Yixing smiled. 

"He was a bit sick because of all the travelling so hes resting on your bed....uhm I hope you don't mind us staying here for a while?"

I do actually...but he couldn't say that. It jsut ment that things with Kris would have to go even more slower than they already have been going. He sighed but smiled.

"No problem."

"Great I'm going to go and unpack!"

The panda smiled at the others vanishing back and looked over at the other three guests. 

"I'll be right back I need to phone someone."

He walked away and went to the empty kitchen. He had to tell Kris why he had to leave, hes probably worried....or hes mad. He hoped to god he wasn't mad at him for this...although he wouldn't blame him.

Ring Ring. Ring Ring. Ring Ring.

The caller you are trying to reach is unavailable at the moment please leave a message after the tone.

"It's me Tao. Uhm, I hope your not mad at me but thats probably why your not picking up my call right? I just want to tell you that I want to meet up with you tomorrow if thats possible, I mean, if you don't want to thats fine...but if you do, it's my treat? Uhm my best friend has just randomly turned up and told me he's going to get married and I want you to come with me if that's okay? But uhm Im sorry...I-I really am. I d-didn't mean to ruin this tonight...but I did. Uhm I hope you call me back. I'll be waiting."

Tao sighed as he hung up.

He had really messed this up with Kris didn't he?