Arrogant Jerk

Shining Debut

I tensed as they stepped into the hall. It was Christian Lee of the popular (Author's note: and made-up) boy group OthellO. I didn't know much about the band other than the fact that their fanbase was large and fiercely protective. Christian was the tall, nineteen-year-old leader. He had dark brown "flippy" hair and shining black eyes. He was the second most popular in the group, after someone named Jungin.

"Hello," he smiled. It was an empty smile, designed to seem polite without engaging further conversation. I didn't care; I ignored the hint and spoke anyway.

"Which way is Studio C?" I asked. It was clearly not the reply he was expecting.

"What?" he blinked. I sighed.

"Studio C? Where is it?" I repeated. Sometimes idol singers could be so surprised when people didn't do what they wanted or  have fan girl attacks. It was like they couldn't survive without the attention.

Christian stared at me for minute before speaking.

"I'll show you the way," he finally said and started walking back through the hall. I followed closely behind, not wanting to get lost again.

"Who are you?" Christian asked me bluntly as we reached the room.

"Kylie, as in the maknae of Fleurs." I rolled my eyes, picking up my bag. Didn't he have any manners?

"Where did your members go?" he looked around the room suspiciously.

"They are waiting for me at the car," I said, "I just forgot my things." He was starting to creep me out. I walked past him through the doorway.

"Wait, let me walk you to your car; if it's too far away at night it could be dangerous for a girl." He grabbed my arm. I lifted one eyebrow and yanked my arm out of his grasp.

"For a girl? Wouldn't it be worse to cause a scandal? There are tons of people between here and my ride," I hissed, turning.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I'm going that way as well," he insisted.

"Fine," I sighed. It would be better to get this over with than to keep Fleurs waiting. Like I said, Angel did not like to wait.

"You just recently debuted, right?" Christian asked me. I could see the other members outside from where we were. I nodded.

"You guys debuted a few months ago," I stated. I suddenly had a flasback of Yuri watching their first stage on Inkigayo. She didn't stop fangirling for the whole performance or 30 minutes afterward.

"Yeah, you've heard of us?" he smiled. Oh gosh, it was probably going to go to his head.

"Somewhat," I said airily before joining the members in the van. Before I shut the door, Christian called out.

"So I'll see you another time!" he waved and turned. I looked away from the window quickly to see four shocked faces.

"Do you know.... him?" Yuri asked, dumbfounded, "Do you know Christian Lee? He's like, my ultimate celebrity crush. Ever."

"We just met by chance. It's no big deal. He's actually very conceited," I said. I was so hoping that they wouldn't start freaking out. It looked like Angel's eyes were about to pop out of their sockets.

 

"Do you know what this could mean for us?!" Angel asked me. We were lounging around our living room at the dorm, and most of us were still bleary-eyed and clad in fuzzy pajama pants and tank tops.

"What do you mean?" I was puzzled, I was confused - maybe I was confuzzled?

Yuri rolled her eyes.

"Isn't it obvious?" she asked, "you could get Christian to help us promote. We could appear in their reality show, or maybe someone could get caught by the paparazzi on a secret date and-"

"No! No, no, no ,no, no! I am not getting into a scandal with - with him!" I cried out, "and I am not going to listen to any more of this!" I threw my hands over my ears.

"Why? He's cute, he was one of the top students in his class, he sings and dances well, and he's in a majorly popular group," Yuri pointed out.

Oh. My. Gosh. Did they really think that was reason enough to date him? I didn't even like him, and I wasn't about to have his thousands of fans out for my life. I knew I would gain a lot of anti-fans. 

What would Taemin think if I did? Would he be angry and get jealous? Or would he not care, or worse - be happy for me?! I shuddered at the thought.

"Unnie, what do you think?" Yuri asked Kaname. In my heart, I silently prayed that she wouldn't tell me that I had to. As the leader, our manager would be on her side.

"Umm...." Kaname pondered over it. I clenched my fists. My fingernails dug into my skin. I knew they would leave marks.

"I think it would be best if you start to learn more about him, befriend him if you will. It would be beneficial to us to have more celebrity friends outside of the company," she told me firmly.

I let out a breath, relieved. I didn't really want to talk to him again, but I was glad that I didn't have to try to get him to fall for me.

A few hours later, we arrived right on time at our manager's office. She was the one who was late.

"Sorry girls!" Seojun apologized as we sat down in front of her desk, "my fiance (Author's note: yes there should be an accent. Yes I don't know how to type accents.) is in town, so we.... anyway here are your schedules!" She passed them out to us.

Each of us had an individual schedule. We could get extra money if we had more to do, like a CF or a variety show.

Angel had a CF for a new make-up brand, and Yuri, Clover, and I were going to be on Star Golden Bell, a quiz show that would be filmed the next day. All 20 of the guests would be celebrities - actors, actresses, singers, and comedians. I wondered who else would be there.

"That's about it," Seojun said, "so you can all go - except you, Kaname. I need to talk to you."

The four of us waited outside for our leader. After what seemed like an hour, she finally came out.

"What did she say?" Angel asked. Kaname only put a finger to her lips and shook her head in reply. She spilled it after we stepped into the car.

"Look at page 3 of your schedules," she ordered while winking. We turned to the page. Clover looked up, her eyes wide.

"We're going to film a music video?" she cried out incredulously.

"For.... for my song?" Angel blinked back tears. I could here the joy in her voice. The company had originally refused to film a video, and had wanted to wait to see how popular the song would be before filming. This meant that they had finally accepted her as a songwriter. I was proud of my unnie.

 

=================================================================================================

Hello again~ I'm going to try to update daily from now on!!!!! I may not succeed however. Anyways, thank you so much for subscribing!!!!!!!

Wooooooo~ I added in yet ANOTHER OC. =_= I love making up characters, and at the same time I hate it. Too many details!!!

Today's playlist while typing:

1. Two Moons - EXO-M feat. Key

2. Vitamin - SNSD

3. Twinkle - Girls Generation TTS

4. So Hot - Wonder Girls

5. Roly-Poly - T-ARA

6. Push Push - SISTAR

7. Like This - Wonder Girls

8. Fantastic Baby - BIGBANG

9. I Like It - ChoColat.