This Is Not What I Had In Mind.

Shining Debut

The filming set was in a French-style mansion a little outside of Seoul. The storyline had us in different parts of the house lent to us temporairily, and there were many different faeries (yes, faeries) around. We were all in a different country's traditional dress or clothing that they felt represented a country based on the theme of the room. I didn't really understand why.

I was in a colorful Korean hanbok in a room with a dark male faerie, and I think I was supposed to be fighting with him to leave me alone. The actor, EXO-K's Kai (who just happened to be good friends with Taemin), was looking and walking around me. I was sitting on the ground. Once when he passed me, he ran his fingers over my braided hair. The director told me to undo the braid, stand up, and throw half of a heart-shaped stone on the table. I walking out of the camera's range wearing the other half on a necklace. it was probably supposed to be symbolic or something, but I didn't usually understand things like that.

I texted Taemin during a break, but recieved no reply.

Clover was in a traditional French dress. Several masked dancers with flittering wings swept past her in the large ballroom. She attempted to get through the swirling skirts, but was pushed back until she pulled out a fake iron dagger, because supposedly faeries were extremely susceptible to be hurt by too much exposure to iron.

Yuri was dressed as a Russian ballerina. She was in the middle of a performance, but dark shapes kept pushing her and knocking her over. She finally did a series of different turns - pirouettes and something else, I thought - that threw them across the stage. Later, computer graphics would add in wings and some kind of light or power to push them away.

Angel was in a red and gold Chinese dress with intricate patterns sewn into the silk. She had two large martial arts fans that were apparently supposed to control fire and kept back small, devilish goblins. She was able to show off a lot of her flexibilty training.

Kaname was, of course, wearing a Japanese kimono. She had already had the right kinds of hair combs and accessories. She was sitting in the garden while trickster faeries messed with her things and confused her. The actors were in another room and would later be edited in with computers.

We were able to finish the individual shoots by the end of day two. It was late at night when we walked outside to our van. A sudden cold snap made us recoil.

"Wow! It's even snowing a little bit!" Clover exclaimed and stuck out her tongue out to catch a snowflake.  Angel shook her head.

"It's more like ice and sleet," she corrected Clover. She eyed the road warily, much like a tense deer watching for a predator.

"Where's Seojun unnie?" I asked, looking around. Just then, our car pulled up in front of us. One of the assistants from SM was driving.

"Hi girls," she said, "Seojun-ah had something come up and she called me out here." Kaname opened the sliding door to let us in. She sat in the front seat, I sat in the middle row with Angel, and Yuri and Clover were in the back.

I glanced at Kaname, who was talking to the assistant. We hadn't talked much since the other day. I wondered what was going on with her. She had been acting different recently.

"Hey, does anyone not want their jacket?" Yuri yawned.

"Why?" Angel asked.

"I want to go to sleep, but the side of the car is too hard," she explained.

"You can have mine," I volunteered and handed it to her. The car's heaters were warm enough for me, so I knew I would be fine.

"Thanks," Yuri said.

Soon she was asleep. The other members quickly followed her example. I too found myself drifting off.

My eyes snapped open. Something had woken me up. It was Clover, mumbling in her sleep about stage directions. I laughed silently at her then looked around the car at the sleeping members. I turned to gaze out of the window.

The road was almost deserted, and I could see frost on the branches of trees lining the road. The moon was slightly higher up than it had been when we left. I guessed it was around ten or eleven at night.

"Ms. Byun," I hissed to our driver, "what time is it?" I waited, but I heard no answer.

"Ms. Byun?" I whispered again. And again, I recieved no reply. I was confused and leaned forward, trying to get her attention.

I saw several things in that moment.

First, I saw us drifting lazily off of the road.

Then I saw Ms. Byun's foot on the accelerator.

The final thing I saw was the driver's eyes closed, asleep at the wheel.

The most important thing was what I did not see.

"Ms. Byun!" I cried out and shook her shoulder. Her eyes snapped to attention as she gasped. She swerved, seeing the large animal in the road that I did not.

The following few seconds passed by in a blur. The next thing I knew, the world was fading away as I slipped into unconsciousness.

 

=================================================================================================

So, you still don't know about Taemin and Kylie and Kaname (and don't forget about Minho!). Do you hate me yet? hehe

Daily  (but short) update complete!

 

from your evil author,

Juliette