This Is It

Shining Debut

I was standing in SHINee's practice room for almost an hour. They weren't there, so I was sitting in the middle of the floor. Finally, I pulled out the phone I had taken from Clover when I had left the dorm and called someone. The phone rang four times.

"Hello?" they answered. I almost sobbed with relief.

"Oppa!" I cried out.

"K-Kylie?!" they shouted into the phone, "Whose phone are you on?"

"I stole Clover's cell," I explained.

"Why? Kylie-ah, what's going on?" he asked, clearly worried that I was losing my sanity. Anyone who stole anything from Clover was going to pay dearly later on.

"Can you come pick me up? I don't want to be alone," I pleaded. He was silent for a moment. Then, I could hear the sound of a car door closing.

"Where are you?" he sighed.

"I'm in your practice room at SM," I told him.

"Okay, don't move from there," he said, "I'm hanging up now."

"Bye," I replied and the line went dead.

I sat there on the floor, replaying the scenes from before. There was something up with Kaname, I just knew it. She wouldn't have acted like that if there wasn't. And what was that about a fight? What did Joon and Taemin say to each other to make Taemin actually hit someone? That was out of character as well. 

My thoughts were interrupted when Minho burst through the door to the studio. He rushed over to sit beside me.

"What's going on? There were a bunch of reporters in front of the building," he asked.

"Oppa," I inquired, "have you seen Taemin oppa today?" I could feel him stiffen beside me.

"No. Is something up with Taemin? Did he hurt you?" He shook his head before checking me for any injuries. I waved him off.

"I heard he got into a fight earlier with Joon-ssi," I explained.

"Taemin? In a fight? I can't picture that," he admitted.

"Yeah, well the paparazzi right next to them got some pretty good shots if you want to see." I handed him my (Clover's) iPhone. He scrolled through the long list of pictures captured by the cameras. He whistled.

"Wow. Um, I didn't know that he could fight like that," he said. I punched him lightly on the arm.

"Oppa, that's not the point," I laughed a little as I said it. He smiled.

"Then what is?" he asked. I sighed and my laughter died away. He saw my change in mood immediately.

"What is it? Tell me, Kylie," Minho ordered.

"Lee Soo Man found out. Before he even told us - me or Taemin, I still don't know if he's been told - he announced to the public that we broke up when we haven't really," I told him everything that had happened.

His face softened and he put his arm around my shoulders.

"Kylie, it's not your fault - it really isn't," he comforted me.

"That's the thing. Kaname unnie was the one who told him to tell everyone that we broke up," I elaborated. 

"She what?" he exclaimed. I nodded.

"Can we go somewhere? I don't want to stay here?" I asked.

"Sure. How about that restaurant from before? Remember we went there the last time you fought with Taemin?" he suggested. I nodded again and we snuck past the reporters to his car. The drive over there was silent except for the radio, which was playing a song in English. Skrillex's "Bangarang" to be exact. 

"Haha," I broke the silence, "I used to love Peter Pan." Minho looked at me strangely.

"Is that what this song is about?" he asked.

"It says 'shout to all my lost boys,' and in the music video the guy looks like Captain Hook," I explained.

"Oh," he said.

We arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later. The ahjumma working there recognized us immediately and waved to us.

"Hello," she greeted us. We bowed back and smiled.

"Same table?" she asked, "I know that some people consider some places special." Minho and I looked to each other, then nodded. She smiled and led us to the booth in the back.

"My niece is working here now, so she'll be here to take your order in a second," she told us and left. I looked around. The only other customers were an elderly couple and a couple with a toddler. Just then, a girl a little older than me with short black hair came up to us.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kayla and I'll be your server today," she introduced herself.

"Hi," I said. I looked over at Minho, who was staring at her strangely. I kicked him underneath the table. He snapped out of it and waved.

"Hi, I'm Minho and this is Kylie," he finally replied.

"So you guys are here on a date?" she asked after she had written down our orders. I was about to say "yes," thinking that Minho would want to carry on the charade, but he answered before I could.

"No," he said quickly, "we're just friends!" And that's when it hit me. Kayla smiled and walked away.

"You like her, don't you?" I asked excitedly.

"I- I don't know what you're talking about. I have never met her before!" he denied it.

"But you think she's pretty, right?" I tried, using a different approach. He nodded slowly.

"I have a feeling that you'll be coming here more often, am I right?" I asked again. He nodded again. I smirked. Someone had a crush!

We were talking for a few more minutes when a few more people came in. We didn't pay attention to them, until I heard one of them talking, that is.

"Are you sure we won't see anyone here?" the first person asked. It was a boy. He sounded a lot like Joon.

"Yeah. No one I know comes here. It's terrible. So old...." a second said, this time a girl who sounded like Kaname.

I could hear them sit in a booth near us, but there was a plant in the way so I couldn't see them.

"Anyway, after this do you want to-" Minho began but I shushed him and put one finger to my lips. I wanted to hear more. At the same time, something compelled me to record the conversation on my phone. It was probably nothing, so I would end up deleting it anyway. I suddenly felt very nosy.

"Okay," the boy continued, "so the next step is we separate them for real."

"How?" the girl asked.

"Does it matter? You want Taemin right?" he laughed. I stiffened. Obviously Minho could hear them as well because it looked like he was concentrating on something.

"Yeah," she sighed, "I mean, really? How could he like Kylie-ssi? He said he liked older girls, and Kylie's younger than him. She's not very pretty either. She's nice with a good voice, but still. I can sing and dance." I looked at Minho, who was turning red.

"Hey, watch it. Don't be mean to Kylie. She's hot and she's mine," the boy growled. That was it. Minho and I both stood up quickly and ran to their table. Joon and Kaname looked at us, shocked.

"K-Kylie, what are you doing here?" Kaname asked. I couldn't help myself. I slapped her. 

"I thought you were my friend," I said and turned to Joon, "and I was beginning to think that you were actually worth something." Minho glared at them. I heard him say a few choice words. I my heel and left the restaurant after paying the really nice ahjumma, who had somehow connected the dots when she had heard their conversation and seen our reaction and was glaring at the two. It was time to end this stupid game and make my choice. 

This is it, I thought.

 

=============================================================================================

Minho's got a crush. (she's based off of one of my friends - who likes Minho) Minho and Kayla, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! tehe.

Only a few more chapters left! ^^ So this is what was up with Kaname! :O

I'm starting a new fanfic (shamelessly advertising) with Super Junior called "From Grace With Love To The World" if you want to check it out.

Comments are loved!

from your evil author,

Juliette