You'd better not be lying

Shining Debut

I slowly opened my eyes to find out that it was 5:30 AM. I groaned as someone opened my door again.

"Kylie, you have to get up!" the girl, Angel, put her hands on her hips and glared down at me.

"Can't it wait?" I asked hopefully. I doubted it could - Angel could never be made to wait. I always wished that she could.

She frowned. "We have to practice. We have a performance on Music Bank tonight," she sighed.

"Can you give me an incentive to get up?" I pulled the blue covers over my head as she flipped the light switch.

"YAH! SHINee will be practicing in the room next to ours!" she yelled, "and at least you don't have to share a room with Yuri - she wakes up earlier than anyone ever should!" With that, Angel tossed her wavy hair over her shoulder and closed the door behind her.

I quickly ran to my closet and began rifling through my clothes. If it were any other day, I probably would not have added in the extra dose of sudden perkiness, but it wasn't every day that we were able to practice at the same time as SHINee! Ever since I was a trainee at SM Entertainment, I had been good friends with the Korean boy band. I didn't get much of a chance to talk to them after I also debuted in the five member group Fleurs, which was French for "flowers."

I was the maknae, the youngest member. Hyemi, A.K.A. Angel, was the second oldest, but she might as well have been the leader. She wrote over half of the songs on our album, including the title track "Give It Up."

I finally decided on a black tee-shirt and shorts with my favorite green hoodie, which had been a birthday gift from Key. I went into the kitchen area of our dorm to see all four of the other members dressed and ready for the day. I sat down to eat my bagel with apple juice. Yuri, our 20-year-old lead dancer, got up from her seat on the couch and walked over to where I was.

"Kylie, can't you learn to do your own hair properly by now? It would save me a lot of time," she said and was already brushing through my long black hair.

"Thank you, unnie," I mumbled through my mouthful of bagel.

"How do you want it today?" Yuri asked. I knew she secretly enjoyed playing with my hair.

"The usual way," I replied. She proceeded to pull it back into a ponytail, leaving my bangs in front of my face.

Kaname, Fleurs' half Japanese leader, looked up from her book. She nodded her approval of my appearance, her short, dyed-blonde hair bouncing.

Clover giggled, "I don't think that you would survive if all of us weren't taking care of you!" She continued to laugh silently even after Angel hit her behind her head. Clover and Angel were both our group's rappers. Even though I was the maknae, I was also the lead singer.

We made it to the practice room two hours later. I sat against the wall in the hallway. Angel argued with Kaname about where she had put the key.

"Yah! Why do you have candy in here? We are supposed to be dieting!" Angel sighed.

"I thought the wrappers looked pretty. Shouldn't it be in the pocket with my I.D?" Kaname asked.

Angel flipped open her wallet and pulled out the key. We all filed into the practice room.

"Did you lie about SHINee? Because you do not lie to me about stuff like that," I warned Angel. I was unable to hear any music coming from any of the other rooms.

"No they'll be here later," she shook her head, "and you should focus on yourself for now!"

"But it's not as fun!" I pouted, but began to stretch along with the other members. After about 15 minutes of that, we put the intrumental version of "Give It Up" on to practice with.

Finally, the song ended. I stretched my arms over my head and flopped onto the wooden floor, laying on my back. Yuri began listing everything we needed to fix

"Kaname, stop watching everyone else; you're half a second behind. Angel and Clover, you guys need to put more emotion into it. Kylie, at 'Leave it to your mind' to 'No magic is here,' it's hip roll, spin, then down, not hip roll then spin as you are going down," she said, "and try not to smile like that. It's creepy."

I made a blowfish face at Yuri as she turned away. Kaname giggled.

"Kaname noona, I thought you did really well!" a male voice said from behind us. I turned to see Taemin and the other members of SHINee standing by the door. 

"Thank you," kaname said quietly at the same time as I jumped up and squealed, "Oppa!"

"Annyeonghaseyo," I bowed, remembering that the rest of Fleurs was here as well. I would be scolded later if I wasn't polite. I hugged each of the members. Last was Taemin.

"Annyeong, Oppa," I said as we embraced. I had had a crush on Taemin since when both of us were trainees, although he debuted a few years before I did. I blushed when we pulled away.

"Hi Kylie-ah," he said, giving me a half-smile. During our exchange, the other members had already greeted the boy group.

"Could you turn down your music?" Onew asked, "We could hear it as soon as we stepped into the hall."

"It's the same volume as it always is! The trainees never complain!" Clover stuck her tongue out. Jonghyun made a face back at her. Angel hit Clover's head for the second time that day while Onew did the same to Jonghyun.

"We need to go rehearse ourselves," Key pointed out. They turned to leave.

"Kaname noona, keep working hard!" Taemin called over his shoulder before he exited the room.

"Could he be any more obvious?" I heard Angel whisper to someone. I frowned. Did Taemin like Kaname? Maybe he was just being nice because he didn't want her to feel bad, I thought and pushed it to the back of my mind.

 

================================================================================================

Ok so short chapter, and kind of boring (I know), but the next chapter will be more interesting I promise!!!! This is my first ever fanfiction, so the writing might be a little..... bad, but still! I'm trying my best! Hehehehe.

Who is your favorite couple so far? (I'm asking you because you still have no clue what is going to happen) I'll update soon, okay? ^^