Emergency / Heaven

Shining Debut

I glanced at my alarm clock that had been beeping for almost fifteen minutes. I groaned. It was six A.M. I guessed that I should consider myself lucky - I used wake up much earlier when I had school before training and then right before debut. I rolled out of my bed and hit the floor hard.

"Ow," I sighed and rubbed the back of my head. I leaned against the bed. I tried to think of what time I had finally fallen asleep last night. It might have been that morning. I stood up to start stretching.  I had to clear a few boxes out of the way before I had enough room. My parents had insisted that I spend the night at their house. I couldn't refuse - they were my parents. I called Hyuna to see if she would come, but she said she didn't want to. Typical Hyuna.

That meant that I had to continue with the awkward and annoying conversations with Joon. I refused to call him oppa. That was just for my SHINee and Super Junior oppa's, no one else. 

I pulled my phone off of the dresser next to the bed. I punched in the numbers and held it up to my ear. The person picked up after a few rings.

"Hello?" they answered.

"Key oppa!" I whispered.

"Kylie, why are you so quiet?" he asked.

"I'm about to sneak out of the house for practice," I replied while putting my boots on over skinny jeans. I quickly grabbed a green tee-shirt from my bag and pulled it over my head.

"Why do you have to sneak- Oh right, your parents came back. How are they?" he laughed.

"They are fine, but I kind of have an emergency," I told him.

"What's wrong?" he asked. I could tell that he was worried. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Can you wait until we get back tonight?" he added quickly. I nodded before I realized that he couldn't see me.

"My parents are the problem!" I sighed. He paused, and then started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I cried, a little too loudly. I held my breath, but I let it out when I continued to hear Appa snore through the wall.

"Is it that weird to you to have your parents around?" he made fun of me. I frowned.

"Yah!" I hissed, "They wouldn't be a problem if they didn't bring along someone that they wanted me to marry!"

The phone was suddenly yanked out of my hand. I turned around to see Joon holding my cell phone.

"I'm a problem?" he asked and smirked. I crossed my arms.

"Give that back!" I ordered. He paused, like he was considering it and tilted his head to the side.

"No." He smiled. He held the phone up to his ear.

"Who is this?" he asked. A few seconds passed.

"Those aren't very nice words," he said, "but hello to you too, Key." Another moment flew by.

"I'm assuming that I'm older than you."

"No, I will not give back the phone."

"No, I don't really know who you are."

"Okay, bye." He hung up. He turned to me after putting my phone in his pocket.

"Where are you going?" he asked. I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't recall having to tell you when I was leaving," I retorted, "but I'm going to practice." I walked past him, purposefully bumping into him. He continued to smile, and it bugged me.

"I'm sure your parents and I would love to come with you. I'll go get them," he said and went to wake them up. That was it. I was so going to stay at the dorm, even if they asked for me to stay over.

It took another hour before I could leave because Umma took so long to get ready. I was going to walk, and I could have already been there - and my parents drove.

At the SM building, I practically jumped out of the car and ran to the elevators. I hoped that they would be too far behind to see quite where I went. It worked. I stepped into the empty elevator and made my way to the practice room. The other members were already there and waiting on me to arrive. Yuri, with her newly streaked blue hair ran up to me.

"Where were you?! And why did you not show up to the appointment at the hair salon? Your hair needs to be how you want it for the comeback," she cried.

"Sorry, Unnie. My parents came back and I just managed to lose them," I apologized.

"What do you mean? Are they here?" Angel asked, her blonde and pink hair in a ponytail.

"Somewhere in this building, but listen, I have to tell you something!" I told them about the situation with Joon. Their eyes grew wide.

"W-well then, I guess we should start practicing then?" Clover suggested, her white-blonde hair cut into a bob. The others nodded, and we the music.

Listen to the beat of the music and get lost

Why doesn't it work? The sound is deafening

You stand in front of me and it changes

The club is gone and it's just you and me

We're in heaven

The song began. We danced, and Yuri's solo was even better than it was for "Give It Up." By the title, you would guess that it was a slower song, but it was actually a fun dance song. For some reason it vaguely reminded me of Elizabeth's "Ppa Ppa Pierrot." The other members thought I was crazy.

Kaname fell down at the end of the song, causing Clover and I to laugh. She grinned up at us. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Angel looked at me and then went to open it. There stood Umma, Appa, and Joon. Jonghyun was with his nanny at home.

"Sorry, honey, we got a little lost on the way here," Appa said. I nodded and faked a smile. 

"We just started practicing, but are you sure that you wouldn't rather see it for the first time tomorrow?" I suggested hopefully.

"No, we want to watch. Why do think we got up so early? Hardly anyone wakes up at this hour," Umma laughed.

"It's eight in the morning. I usually have to get up at five on practice days," I sighed. Her eyes went wide.

"How are not falling asleep standing?" she cried. I rolled my eyes.

"I got used to it," I told her. Clover giggled.

"What do you mean you got used to it? We have to drag you here every morning!" she laughed, I glared at her. Joon chuckled.

"Still the same Kylie," he said. I turned my glare to him.

"Shut up," I threatened. It only made him laugh harder. I faced the other members.

"Anyways, guys, these are my parents and Joon," I introduced them.

"Umma, Appa, Joon, this is Kaname unnie," I said, "Angel unnie, Yuri unnie, and Clover." They all waved or bowed as I said their names.

"Are you going to go through the song again?" Umma asked us eagerly. I suddenly remembered that she used to want to be a singer.

"Only about thirty more times this morning," Yuri mumbled. Umma laughed until she realized Yuri was being sincere.

"That many times?" she asked. I nodded.

"Our comeback stage is tomorrow, so we need all the practice we can get," I explained. They sat down on the couch in the room while we began again. Soon, the song ended.

"That song is going to be popular, I can tell!" Umma cried out.

"Angel unnie wrote the lyrics for it," I told her. Angel blushed. Umma gaped at her.

"Wow, you are so talented!" she squealed. I guessed that we just earned another fan.

 

===================================================================================================

Woo~ New chapter! Please comment and tell me what you think of it! ^^ I've been listening to Ppa Ppa Pierrot a lot, so I felt the need to mention it in this chapter.

from your evil author,

Juliette