Hate Is A Strong Word (That Perfectly Fits This Situation)

Shining Debut

I looked around at the members sitting in front of me. They were all on their phones, texting or playing around online. I still hadn't gotten a new phone, even though I had ordered a new one almost a month ago, so I was left with nothing to do. No one wanted to talk to me, so it was more like a one-sided conversation whenever I tried to interact with them.

"Unnie, who are you texting?" I asked Kaname, bored out of my mind. She quickly shut her phone while hiding it.

"Nobody! It's none of your business!" she snapped. I put my hands up in defeat and leaned back again. It was not normal to see Kaname acting this way. It was out of character. Angel noticed as well.

"Kaname, are you okay?" she asked, "If you didn't want her to know, you could have said that differently." Kaname looked out of her window.

"I guess. Sorry Kylie," she mumbled. I thought I heard her add something else, but I couldn't hear her so I just ignored it. It probably wasn't important anyway.

We were riding in the group van back to the practice rooms after another performance. We wanted to fix a few things in the routine before the goodbye stage. After a few minutes, the gigantic SM building loomed above us. We stepped out to be met with flashing cameras and reporters. I frowned. There usually were not this many. Something must have happened. They shouted out questions to us after the others followed me out.

"Kylie! What was your reaction when you heard about the fight?" one called. I wanted to turn to ask him, "What fight?" but the security had rushed out to meet us and were ushering us inside.

"Who is the mysterious man you have been seen with?" Ugh. Joon. Was he causing trouble again? I rolled my eyes. Thankfully, I was wearing sunglasses so they couldn't see.

"Have you been cheating on Taemin?" Oh, gosh no. It was good that Taemin knew about Joon. We had no secrets!

"Is he the cause of it?" Of what, I wondered.

"What are your thoughts on the break-up?" My mouth dropped open, and I would have stopped walking if the guards hadn't pushed me the last few steps. I was inside of the building.

"What," I hissed, "is going on?" The others looked as stunned as I was - well most of them. One didn't seem surprised at all. What was up with Kaname today?

We practically ran to Seojun's office. She wasn't there, but there was a note on her door. It told us to meet with her in Lee SooMan's office as soon as we arrived. We wasted no time following her instructions.

"What's going on?" I cried out, banging open Lee Sooman's door. He and Seojun both turned to face me. Angel, Clover, Yuri, and Kaname ran up behind me, panting.

"Ah, you're all here," Sooman said. I didn't bother greeting him politely.

"What is this about a fight and a break-up?" I asked impatiently. He pointed to a seat in front of his desk.

"Sit," he ordered. I sat down. I looked to Seojun, hoping she could explain to me what going on. She refused to meet my gaze.

"I've already been updating Kaname on everything," he told me. That explained why she wasn't surprised earlier with the reporters.

" What is everything?" I asked. I wished he would just tell me already.

"Earlier today, Taemin got into a fight - right next to a group of paparazzi. They don't know who he was fighting with, but we've already been told. It was Lee Changsun, or 'Joon,' a friend of yours," he informed me.

"Taemin oppa! Is Taemin oppa okay?" I asked frantically.

"He's fine," he waved his hand dismissively, "but we don't want this to happen again, so Kaname had an idea, one that I think that I will go along with." I looked to Kaname. She stared straight ahead.

"We've already made the announcement to the public of your and Taemin's break-up," he admitted. I gasped and stood up.

"You can't do that!" I shouted, "I didn't agree to this! Does Oppa even know?"

"We'll tell him later," he said, "you can go now.

"But-" I objected.

"Go, now Kylie-ssi," he warned me. I glared at him, but left. I Kaname as soon as we exited the room.

"Unnie! No, Kaname! How could you do this?" I yelled. She looked down at me.

"Yah, Kylie! Don't call me by just my name." She rolled her eyes.

"You can't decide when or even if I break up with Taemin! He's my boyfriend!" I shouted back.

"Yes, I can actually. i am the leader. If you didn't realize it yet, Seojun unnie agreed too. It's not just me," she said, "just it up kid." She her heel and left me standing there, still wanting to tear her head off.