Chapter 9

Undecided Love...

 

[Suho’s house]

~Kai’s POV~

It was a tiring day after school as Suho had instructed us to train as hard as we could so that we could claim the title. Though we were exhausted and tired mainly because we had just ended school, we were determined to win the competition and make each one of us’ dream to come true; to be known.

Chanyeol, me and Sehun had to practice singing our parts for our song ‘Two Moons’ while Baekhyun, Suho and D.O practiced their own song, ‘Angel’. D.O wanted to hear me sing so that he could show me the parts where I could improve.

Oneureya gieoko bojimotan miracle
Siljesanghwang deo isang mutjima kkuminyago
Gidaryeo aetaewo sigani gakkawo
Jinachigien oneulbameun deouk akkawo

D.O nodded in satisfaction as he pointed out my mistakes and told me to repeat. Soon, I was able to sing my part well and was confident for myself. We had planned to collaborate Two Moons and Angel together in the four minutes given to us. Baekhyun, D.O and Suho would be the first to entice the audience for the first two minutes with their smooth velvety voice while Chanyeol, Sehun and I would capture their hearts with our energetic and skillful moves.

Soon, our exhausted level had reached its peak and we were drowned in perspiration. Satisfied with our effort, Suho clapped his hands and congratulate us for our undying accomplishment. We were then brought to his living room where various Korean delicacies were laid on the glass table with six glasses filled with icy cold fruit punch. We hurriedly pulled a chair and sat down. In the middle of the table lay Hanjeongsik with a varied array of banchan. In front of us were a plate of Tangpyeongchae and Kongguksu. Suho’s mum was a great cook and she quickly went towards us as soon as she heard the Oohs and Aahs due to the delicious food that was served.

“I hope the meal would be enough for you guys. I did not know what are your favourite foods so I decided to cook my specialty; Korean cuisine,” she said as she gave us a warm smile.

We thanked her for the food and ate it.

“I swear if girls were as delicious as the food Suho’s mum cooked, I’d marry them,” Chanyeol commented as he took a spoonful of his dessert.

Everyone chuckled at his reaction and remained at their seats due to food coma.

“I’m so darn full! Can I eat like this every day for the rest of my life?” Sehun whined.

“Yeah me too! I wonder why Suho hyung had not gained weight when his mother is a terrific cook,” D.O commented.

Suho chuckled at his dongsaeng’s comments and thought for an intelligent reply.

“I guess it’s because I eat a small portion of each delicacy my mum cooked and afterwards I perspire it off by dancing,” Suho smiled and replied.

All of us nodded in approval for his answer. No wonder he’s the leader. Despite his soft look, Suho is a strict person who believed in doing well in his goals. However, he seldom showed his strict side to us since he knew we would cooperate well when it comes to dancing and singing. He is a resilient person who stood rooted to his goals until he achieves them and would encourage those who give up easily so that they too would succeed.

[The playground nearby Suho’s house; 21:30pm]

After our meal, we head down to the playground nearby. Chanyeol and Baekhyun battled between themselves to see who could reach the swing first. Sehun and I compete in sliding down the slides while Suho and D.O laughed at our silly behaviour as they took a seat at a bench “supervising” us kids.

“Suho, do you think we can win the competition?” D.O asked.

Suho shrugged his shoulders and looked to the ground.

“Maybe? The boys had practiced hard enough and it looks like they are ready, I guess,” Suho replied.

“I’m sure we’re all ready, right? We had trained enough these years and to give up our dreams as a matter of fact is useless,” D.O commented.

“You’re right...but it’s not them whom I’m worried about. It’s Kai. He’s acting all weird these few days and I wonder whether he was facing any problems,” Suho confessed.

“Hmm, maybe. I had heard him sing and believe me, he was no ordinary singer. He got talents especially dancing!” D.O assured.

Suho gave him a smile and patted him on the shoulders telling him ‘We’ll see about that’. D.O replied his hyung with a warm smile, confident that Kai was a valuable member indeed. Both of them then joined their dongsaeng making the whole playground to be filled with their loud screams and laughter.

[The next morning]

I woke up early as usual and went for my morning jog. Yesterday was an enjoyable memory for the six of us or should I probably say; EXO-K. I had reached home around 23:30pm and received a constant nagging from my dear mother. However, I knew that she was worried about her child who had come home late at night since school ended around 15:40pm.

Plugging in my earpiece and had my songs played on shuffle, I energized my whole body awaking every muscle through the calories burnt from the jog which gained speed each second. Unexpectedly however, I ended up in front of _____’s house.

“Why am I here?” I asked myself and chuckled.

My heart starts to pound as I recalled the time I send her home. My feelings were mixed with jubilance and absence that emerged directly from the brain which finds its way to the heart.

“Do I miss her? But I barely knew her...” voices echoed in my mind.

Whenever I’m with her, I felt as if I’m brought to a different world. A world which was colourful and could entice my view of the dull and unattractive reality I live in. I look forward to seeing her every day since we first met. I thought she was just like any other girls who are interested in looks than the heart but her reactions assured me that I was wrong.

Startlingly, she had brought herself directly to my heart which had caused me to go crazy about her and to think that she was a substitute for my sister, I was wrong. I had begun to develop feelings for her which was much more than how I had loved my sister. She was the one who took my breath away and ever since the first kiss I had, though no intentions were intended, I had confirmed that I had feelings for her.

Out of the blue, a lady in her mid 30s came out of her house.

“Yes son, may I help you?” she asked kindly.

My conscience told me that she was _____’s mother. Startled, I shook my head and apologized and went off a few metres so that she could not see me. I decided to call her and inform her that I am in front of her house. I could not stand her absence since I did not see her for two days straight. When the other side had picked up, I could hear her sweet voice ringing through the phone.

“Hey _____, I was jogging and passed by your house. Do you want to have breakfast outside with me?” I asked, excited about seeing her.

However, I was turned down because she was sleeping at Minzy’s house which was miles away and not wanting to show her my disappointment for not being able to see her, I casually replied “It’s okay! Some other time then,” and both of us ended the call.

Hopeless, I dragged my feet home and was greeted with my mum’s delicious rock bun.

“MUM, I’m home! I want a piece of your rock bun please!” I aegyoed.

My eyes were wide open to see the view in front of me. I was shocked to find Suzy in the kitchen with my mother, happily baking rock buns. Seeing my presence all of a sudden, Mum stood up with Suzy who was smiling brightly.

“AHH, Kai, you’re back! Here’s your rock bun,” Mum welcomed me.

I ignored her, half observing Suzy up and down.

“Suzy, what are you doing here?!” I raised my voice only to be replied with Suzy’s drama of being afraid and hid behind my mother.