Chapter 8

Undecided Love...

 

[Minzy’s house]

~Your POV~

“So, what should I sing?” I asked out of curiousity.

Minzy tapped her chin and thought for a moment. She snapped her fingers and handed me a lyric sheet written on both front and back. The title of the song was ‘I Love You’ and skimming through the lyric; I began to feel the song mentally.

“This song is nice. So how’s the rhythm going to be?” I asked.

“Ah, I’ve created the background music. Here, listen to this,” CL handed me her iPod.

Listening to the catchy beat, I grinned at CL’s intelligent mixture of rhythm. I nodded in agreement that I could sing this song. Minzy then led the four of us towards her basement where a singing studio was built with high tech speakers and DJ equipments stood at the corner of the room. Minzy lightly pushed me toward the soundproof room and directed me to sing my parts which she highlighted. I put on my headphones, gulping as the nervous feeling slides down my back. As the background music starts to play, I opened my mouth and start singing while closing my eyes, afraid I would go wrong.

I Love You everyday don’t get away take me away
I Love You everyday in everyway neol saranghae
Wae ireon nae mameul ajik molla
Nan neoui maeumeul ajik jal molla

As I ended, I opened my eyes and was greeted my four jaws that literally dropped. I could not tell whether I had done horribly or significantly and hurriedly went out of the room to ask them.

“So how was it? Bad isn’t it?” I asked nervously.

“BAD?! That performance just now was INCREDIBLE!” Dara beamed.

“You’re really talented you know? That talent in you should not be kept inside. Instead, it should be shared with everyone!” CL exclaimed.

“I agree! You do have an amazing talent!” Bommie shook me as she gave me a bear hug.

“Well, let’s see how well you can ace the dance since your singing was SUPERB!” Minzy commented and led us to the opposite end of the basement where a dance studio was located.

[Dance Studio]

“Alright, look at our dance and catch some of the steps,” Minzy instructed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZEiDiDhlpI

I clapped loudly after seeing their awesome choreographed dance. They were swift and careful of every step. With gleaming eyes and admiration, I volunteered to try their dance. Although I had made a few errors, they were patient in teaching me and soon, I was able to stand on my own feet and glided through the smooth waxed dance floor with my dancing skills.

“Hey girl, you’re ready all right!” Minzy smiled widely and gave me two thumbs up.

“I knew she could dance!” Dara claimed to CL who nodded in agreement.

“All right, that’s enough for today. Let’s have something to eat!” Bom suggested.

As if it can read our minds, an aromatic smell of roasted chicken make its way to the basement where we are. Hearing five hungry stomachs rumbled, everyone dashed to the kitchen trailing the aroma of Minzy’s mum’s cooking.

“Ah, there you girls are. Come and have a seat! I’ve cooked roasted chicken with lasagna. I hope you girls eat the food I made,” Minzy’s mum winked as she placed five bowls with roasted chicken parts and lasagna on the dining table.

“Thank you ahjumma!” all four of us chimed and indulged in the heavenly delicious food in front of us.

Minzy hugged her mother for the meal and sat down to join us. Minzy’s mum smiled and made her way to her bedroom.

“Your mother’s cooking is DELICIOUS! Can you cook as well as her?” I teased.

The three girls glared at me and Dara stomped on my foot while I yelped in pain.

“Of course I can! Wait till tomorrow and I’ll cook breakfast for you guys!” Minzy beamed excitedly.

Dara sent me a death glare and I mouthed to her what’s the matter with Minzy cooking breakfast for us.

“Err, excuse me and _____ for a sec. I need to ask her to help me with some stuffs,” Dara said as she dragged me out of the kitchen.

“What are you trying to do?” Dara hissed.

“What? Why are you stepping on my foot? I’m just asking Minzy to cook for us!” I defended myself.

Dara pinched her forehead and said, “Two things that don’t combine are Minzy and cooking,”

I laughed at her response as she stared at me in bewilderment as if I’ve gone bonkers.

“So? What’s wrong with Minzy’s cooking? It’s not that bad isn’t it?” I nudged Dara’s arm lightly.

“I have tried her cooking and trust me, all of us did and we almost vomited,” Dara whined.

“Well, that is just a small matter right? If you can’t eat her cooking, you can hand them to me! I’ll eat anything!” I joked and went back to the kitchen.

[Morning]

I was awaken by a sizzling sound of bacon and rushed to the kitchen. As expected, I saw Minzy cooking as she carefully placed two strips of bacon on each white porcelain plate.

“Do you need any help?” I asked.

“Oh, I didn’t notice you there. Good morning! Nope, I can handle them myself. Have a seat while breakfast will be served in a minute,” Minzy smiled and pointed to the dining table assuring me to sit down.

“DARA, BOM, CL! WAKE UP!!!” Minzy’s shrill voice rang through the whole kitchen.

Within five minutes all of the sleepy heads had reached the kitchen with eyes half awake. Minzy gestured them to sit down and served breakfast. As soon as their plates had been placed in front of them, their eyes were wide open. Minzy had prepared two bacon strips with a sunny side up egg and two pieces of cocktail sausages as a scrumptious meal in the morning.

“_____, you try it first since you had not tried Minzy’s cooking yet,” Dara said as her face etched with nervousness and pale as a sheet.

I nodded lightly and grabbed my utensils and start eating. The four girls watched cautiously as I eat with eyes widened. The bacon’s oozing delightness melted in my mouth as I enjoyed the taste of its crunch filled inside.

“THIS IS DELICIOUS!” I exclaimed and ate another strip of bacon.

“Are you s-s-serious?” Bom stuttered as she tried the bacon.

Dara and CL glared at her as she took a bite at the crunchy bacon smeared in barbecue sauce. Her gleaming eyes lit up as she savoured the delicious taste of bacon.

“She’s right! It’s DELICIOUS!” Bom beamed and nudged Dara to try it.

Dara hesitated at first but muster enough courage to try Minzy’s cooking. With eyes as big as saucers, she gulped down the bacons in a minute. CL was the last one to try and her expression was similar to mine.

“Since when did your cooking improve?” Dara commented as she ate the cocktail sausage.

“Oh, you know… since Daesung said that he loved a girl who can cook for him and I know you guys hate my cooking!” Minzy replied shyly.

Hearing an honest reply from Minzy, we for being a sweet girlfriend for her partner. After breakfast, we cleaned up after ourselves and sat comfortably at the living room when CL suggested that we play ‘Spin the Bottle’.

After a round of the game and it had not reached my turn, it finally landed on me.

“So, it’s finally _____’s turn!” Minzy raised a brow.

“Yeah,yeah so what is it you want me to confess or do?” I prepared myself for the worst.

“Hmm, I want you to tell us a special guy in your life besides your father!” CL asked and giggled.

“I err…I-I I don’t have anyone I like okay!” I confessed, unsure of my own feelings.

“Oh, don’t lie. We’re your friends aren’t we? So, tell us!” Dara waited patiently for my answer as the others nodded.

“OH, how about your best friend?” Minzy asked.

“Best friend? Oh you mean Chunji? He’s a normal friend. We have no feelings for each other. We support each other in times of need but never once had he confessed to me. So, I’m guessing he treat me just like how I treat him; like siblings,” I assured.

“I see…What about Kai?” Minzy replied.

Hearing Kai’s name, I froze. I had no feelings for Kai but why does my heart beats rapidly whenever I think of him? Besides, I did not know him well yet and it wasn’t possible  that I had developed feelings for him have I? Do I?