Chapter 10

Undecided Love...

 

[Kai’s house]

~Kai’s POV~

“KAI! Is that how you treat our guest?!” Mum scolded me.

“It’s okay aunty, Kai hates me. He treats me like this at school. I am used to it,” Suzy replied, giving my mum her most innocent look.

“Aww sweetie is that so? I’ll deal with him,” Mum reassured her.

Mum signaled me to go to my room. She gave me her I-want-to-talk-to-you-privately-now look. I gave a loud sigh, loud enough for Suzy to hear, and stomped off into my room. Anger and hatred welled up inside of me. Suzy had influenced my mother to love her. BUT, how did my mum know about Suzy? Suddenly, mum came into my room and locked the door behind her.

“KAI! How dare you speak that way to our respected guest?” Mum said through her gritted teeth.

“Mum! She is my worst nightmare!” I shouted.

*SLAPS*

“I am your mother! Don’t you dare raise your voice to me,” Mum hissed.

“Suzy is the daughter of one of my richest friends. I can’t have you be rude to her. She might hate me and her mother might not want to be friends with me anymore! You know your father’s business’ company is not going so well. Suzy’s father is one of Dad’s business partners and her family can help us! Don’t you dare be rude to her! I want you to go down and apologize to her right now mister!” Mum bellowed.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. If only Suzy’s father was not my Dad’s business partner, I would not even want to say a simple sorry to her.

~Your POV~

“OMG did Kai just ask you out?!” Dara screamed.

“NOOOOOO, Kai only ask me if I wanted to have breakfast with him. Don’t think too much Dara!” I face palmed myself.

“Aigo, why can’t you just believe for once that Kai likes you?” Minzy teased.

I rolled my eyes and jumped on Minzy’s huge pororo bean bag couch. It was so comfortable that I started to bob up and down on it. CL saw what I was doing and joined in.

“Hmm…imagine our little dongsaeng right here dating Kai. They would be so cute!” Bom pinched my cheeks.

“TRUE! And, imagine the number of jealous girls that would give her their piercing and killer stare. OMG _____-ah you’ll be featured in front of the school’s paper with the title ‘Queenka and Kingka together?” Dara laughed out loud.

Out of the blue, my cell phone rang. It was Chunji.

[Three hours ago…]

~Chunji’s POV~

I was wondering whether I should give her a call. The last thing I wanted to tell her was my presence in Korea. I wanted to surprise her by giving her tickets to the competition. I want to show her my talents and also to use the time to compete with other street performers than Teen Top is the BEST! I was eager and impatient to meet her. Maybe it has been just a few weeks we had not seen each other but her absence was as though we had been separated for months or probably years! That’s how much I missed her. My reverie was disrupted by Ricky’s screech. That boy really needs to man up. His shrill voice is similar to a 5 year old girl crying for her dropped lollipop.

“What is wrong with you Ricky? I was trying to sleep,” L.Joe came to the kitchen with eyes half awake.

I reached down to the kitchen as soon as I heard Ricky’s yelling.

“Mianhe, I saw a large cockroach under the sink just now and it crawled on my arm. Good thing I was fast and fling it to the window,” Ricky chuckled.

I decided to give _____ a call to ask her if she is free on the day of the competition.

~CALL~ 

“Hey _____-ah ! I MISS YOU SO MUCCHHHHH!” I screamed excitedly.

“Hey Chunji! Aww, I miss you too! How are you?” She said awkwardly since we have not talked to each other for a few weeks already.

“HAHAHA I’m fine ! So…I was wondering…err,” I paused.

“You were wondering about?” She asked.

“Are you free on Saturday this week?” I finally asked.

“Oh…I’m sorry no. Anyway, why are you asking me? Are you planning on coming here?” She suddenly became excited.

“You’re not free? Oh..It’s okay then,” I said upset.

“Hey...errm, I got to go. Talk to you later,”I added and hung up.

After hearing her response, I was dismayed. I was not expecting that she was unavailable on the day where I would want to confess to her. Probably I was over reacting but I was hurt that she could not be there to see me perform something that was arranged specially for her. It was not her fault but it was mine. I was being so over excited that I did not think of the disadvantages. Clearly after the talk, I had no mood to talk to anyone and all of them were equally worried.

~Your POV~

After Chunji hangs up the phone, I was lost for words. The change in Chunji’s tone was obvious. At first his voice was sharp and happy and the next thing I knew, his voice turned sad and cold. I was confused. Did I say something wrong? I only told him that I was not free this Saturday and I wanted to explain why I was not free but he cut me off and hung up. Saturday was the day of the competition and that was why I was unavailable. I wanted to call Chunji back but I knew he would not pick up the phone.

Saturday soon arrived, the day which I am afraid of. Nervous and anxiousness were etched on my face. I was pale and wobbly. However, this was not the case for the other four girls. They were confident and positive. This was my first time performing in front of everyone after a decade ago and I was like a cat on hot bricks. Minzy and Bom tried to calm me down and constantly forced me to gulp down a bottle of water.

[Competition]

We were the second to perform and I was really nervous by then. CL had prepared costumes for us and it was cool. She got the perfect size for me which made me wonder how the hell she knows my size.

I walked down the aisle to go to the vending machine to cool myself down when I bumped into someone. When I saw him, my eyes almost bulged out. It was Kai.

“Err hey Kai! What are you doing here?” I stammered.

“Hey _____! I wanted to ask you the same thing. Me and my band are performing at this competition,” he sheepishly smiled and rubbed the back of his head.

“Oh…You are going to perform too? That’s good! Good luck then… hehe,” I blushed and excused myself to continue what I was supposed to do.

“_____, wait! You look pale. Are you nervous?” Kai suddenly came near towards me and feel my forehead.

“You are not having a fever. I’m just guessing you are utterly nervous for your performance. Well, don’t be. Relax and have fun. I’m sure you could do it,” he continued and gave me a wink before leaving to his allocated changing room.

I was lucky he went to his changing room because I swear I was as red as a tomato when he winked at me. Somehow, seeing him made me feel better. My nervousness instantly vanished and it was replaced with an exploding happiness inside of me. I was clueless to what I was feeling right then but I knew it was a nice feeling which made my body feel warm and comfortable. Unconsciously, a wide grin appeared on my face as I bought my Strawberry Tea.

“Presenting to you, 2NE1 with their song, I love you,” the announcer announced.

“That’s our cue! Good luck girls! We can do it!!!” CL cheered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6iUhf84_PY

~Chunji’s POV~

I was shocked to see _____ performing. No wonder she said that she was unavailable. She was also participating in the same competition as I am! Her skilful dance moves literally made my heart pound like a drum. She was gorgeous, no, she was beautifully gorgeous. Her dance moves was perfect and not a single mistake were seen. Her graceful sways of dance was excellent. Her powerful voice was out of the world. All in all, she was really flawless.

As expected, all the other members had the same shocking expression plastered on their faces. They were also shocked to see _____ performed on stage. The last time she performed was much long ago and she sworn not to perform anymore. But, I guess her new friends were able to convince her to perform and I am happy that they could show the other side of her. The side of her which the other members did not knew of. A smile formed on my face. My sweetheart was finally in front of me, after a few weeks of absence. My heart finally recovered.