Chapter 3

Undecided Love...

~Your POV~

The last bell finally rang. It was a long day and finally it was the end of school for the day. I stretched my arms and yawned. Minzy looked at me like she's going to eat me up.

"Yah Minzy-ah, I'm not food you know. Don't gobble me up!" I joked.

"HEHEHE..." Minzy gave me a wicked smile and quickly dashed out of the class with her bag.

"OMO, what is she going to do? AHHHH, don't tell me she's going to tell Kai, OMG NOOOO! MINZY WAIT FOR MEEEEE YOUUUU" I shouted and ran after her.

The students walking past were looking at me and Minzy running and thinking that we had gone bonkers. I just gave them an I'm-not-crazy smile and rushed to Minzy. When I had finally caught up with her, we were both standing in front of Dara's class.

"So you made me run all the way to Dara's class huh?" I panted trying to catch my breath.

"Nae, this is not only Dara's class. Look who's inside as well," Minzy winked.

As I had guessed, it was also Kai's class and despite the last bell had went off, the teacher had not dismissed them yet.

"AH Minzy-ah, please don't do anything stupid! I really don't like him!" I begged.

"HAHAHAHA ne _____-ah, you're cute you know that! Of course I'm not going to tell him silly! I'm just waiting for Dara. Hey, are you able to go lunch with us? Pleaaaaseeeeeee !" she asked innocently.

"Nae sure why not !" I beamed and stared directly into the classroom.

I couldn't stop staring at Kai. He was really good looking. His brown hair swayed according to the direction of the wind. His sparkling brown eyes concentrated on the teacher. His hands were writing down notes on what the teacher was explaining. Despite the tensed environment in class, his aura symbolizes peace and happiness. Despite the arrogant look on his face, it actually defines someone more on the inside. Definitely, he was indeed an example of the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover". It was in fact a natural thing that girls are attracted to these kind of guys. 

"Aish, _____-ah, we've been calling you for five times now. Are you having a hard time hearing?" Minzy asked while tapping on my shoulder making me realize from my gaze.

"eheh...sorry. I was admiring the tree outside that window. Isn't it nice?" I lied trying to find an excuse from being noticed.

Park Bom and CL had arrived while I was in my dreamland. They giggled at excuse. 

"Pshht, do you think it's that easy to lie to us? I know you were spying on him," Minzy smirked.

"OMO, _____ likes a guy already? Ne, tell us who!!!" CL and Park Bom jumped in excitement, curious who it was.

"Aigo Minzy-ah, I don't like him!" I wailed.

Minzy could not stop laughing at the look on my face. I looked sympathetic with those beady eyes asking her to stop talking and letting the cat out of the bag. 

"HAHAHAHA, okayokay, its a secret between her and me !" Minzy said while slinging her arms around my shoulder.

I shot her an I'm-watching-you-and-you-better-not-do-anything-stupid glare. She gave me an evil smile and acted like nothing had happened. After what seemed like forever, Dara's class was finally dismissed.

"Ne, sorrysorry!!! I know we have lunch. Mr Jiyong can't stop talking about physics that he went on and on blabbering about it!" Dara chided.

I patted Dara on the back, calming her down. She gave me an assuring smile and sling her arms around mine.

"Let's go and eat ! I'm so hungryyyyyy" Dara groaned.

"Ahh, is it okay if we invite someone else with us?" Minzy nudged Dara.

"Nn yeah sure anything. As long as I get to eat, I'm HAPPY !" Dara said.

Minzy went into Dara's class and the four of us waited outside, thinking who is she going to invite. I suddenly came to my senses and realized what she is trying to pull. 

"Minzyyyyyy!" I shouted and burst into the class.

"Oh hey, Kai. Heheh...err I was just finding Minzy," I stuttered when Kai was face to face with me just when I entered his class.

"_____-ah, you don't mind if Kai joined us for lunch would you?" Minzy beamed and winked at me.

"N-n-not at all. Yeah, he could join us. Psh, I mean why couldn't he heheh," I said feeling slightly embarassed.

[At a restaurant not far from school, MyongBin's Restaurant]

CL, Park Bom, Dara and Minzy had went to the restroom after ordering their food and left me and Kai sitting alone at the table.

~Minzy's POV~

"Okay girls, here's the thing. I suspected _____ to like Kai and we are going to help her be with Kai, understand?" I whispered to them, afraid if anyone would hear us.

All of them agreed and clapped their hands in excitement.

"This is going to be fun!" ParkBom squealed.

"Ahhh, yeah I'll help, even though I was thinking of introducing her to my brother, but I can't stop love can't I?" Dara sighed.

"HEHEHE, this is worth it! I love matchmaking!" CL jumped for joy.

"I'm sure _____ and Kai would be a cute couple together!" I assured the girls and left the toilet,

~Kai's POV~

"Say something Kai! It's so awkward. You are the one who wanted to hang out with her and now when you have the chance, you can't even say anything? Aish Kai!" I thought.

"So, _____-ah, how's school today?" I asked not knowing what else to say.

"Oh erm it was fun. I met a lot of new friends and I'm really glad to be friends with Minzy and the rest. They are really nice and made me feel more welcomed despite being a new girl in school," she gladly replied.

I could tell she was sincere with her words and this made my heart beat like playing madly on the drums. She was different from other girls, I could tell.  Usually other girls would flail when talking to me which I really wonder why but she was calm and collective when talking to me which makes it easier for me to talk to her. However, something else about her caught my eyes. She was in fact a beautiful girl even if she's trying to hide it. Her long and curly brown hair which was tied up neatly potrayed a significant sight of her. Her big dark brown eyes shimmered under the light bringing out her outer features. She had no dimples but she had a cute smile which could make any guy's heart drop. She was a neat girl and I could see no flaws in her even if she sees herself as imperfect. To me, she was perfectly beautiful and she could make any guy to fall for her. However, I knew my chances with her was a big zero because I am just an average guy with no looks that she could ever dream of. I've never felt this way before but after meeting her for the first time, it was as though I fell into a trance and wanted to see her more often. Am I in love?

~Your POV~

I couldn't believe Minzy invited Kai. It's not that I don't want Kai to have lunch with us. It's just that it's so awkward being with him when I barely even know him. Yeah he might be kind of cute and hot but I don't think I'll ever be with him. I'm sure there's other girls who is so crazily in love with him other than me. What would they think of me if I liked him? Ahh, love is just too complicated sometimes.

"Kai, what activities or clubs are you in?" I tried to break the silence.

"Dancing! I know you're thinking that dancing is for girls and stuffs but I really love dancing. It had been my hobby since I was little and until now, I still love to dance," he squirmed.

I giggled at his shy expression.

"Ne, I don't think its wrong for a guy to dance. There are many celebrities out there who danced. I'm sure you can be as talented as them!" I assured him giving him a warm smile.

He felt more relaxed and we started to talk more, breaking the ice. Dara, Park Bom, Minzy and CL finally came back and soon enough, our lunch had been served. Indeed being with them made me feel a lot better and soon I began to forget about my sadness for leaving Chunji and my other friends behind. We chatted happily sharing stories and cracking up jokes. Kai, which at first was shy and quiet, began to speak up more and shared a slice of his life. It was three hours after we ate and it was already four. We paid for our meals and went out.

"Oh hey, I got to go. I promised my mum to come home earlier today. Oh, I almost forgot, _____-ah, can I have your number?" Minzy asked as she took out her cell phone.

Dara, CL, Park Bom and Kai followed and took down my number. Before separating our ways, we exchanged numbers and waved goodbye afterwards. Kai offered to walk me home.

[In front of my house]

"Thanks for walking me home Kai," I smiled as I made my way in the gates.

"No problem, anyways it's dangerous for a new girl to walk home alone. What if you got lost?" Kai joked.

I laughed and waved my hands to him.

"Annyeong, see you tomorrow Kai!" I stood at the gate waving to Kai who waved back and walked towards the east.

[Inside the house]

"Umma, I'm home !" I shouted.

Umma came out from the kitchen and smiled at me.

"How was your day today honey? Did you make any friends today? How was your teacher? Any cute guys?" Umma started to throw all those questions at me while patting my head.

I walked towards the couch and throw myself on it. 

"It was fun! I can't believe I made friends with queenka of the school. They were really a fun group to hang out with and I just had lunch with them" I beamed in happiness and rubbed my tummy.

'Well it's good to hear that you made friends. Go and bath and we'll have dinner after Appa comes back home. I cooked your favourite Japanese food today! Teriyaki Unagi with Curry ramen!" she nudged my rib as she sat beside my body at the couch.

I clapped my hands in excitement and went to my room to get changed and have a warm and soothing bath after a long day of wrecking my brain in school.

Dinner was fantastic. As expected, Umma's cooking were delightfully the best of the best and I had bonded a lot with my family that night. Appa and Umma were always as lovey dovey as they are teasing each other while eating. I can't ask for more than having such a terrific parents even if some of the times we couldn't understand each other that well. Appa, even if he's too busy with his company, he would always make time for his family. There was never a time when Appa would not be with us for dinner except if he had business overseas. Umma, being the housewife and also the manager of the company, helped Appa when he is unable to do something. There never really was a time my family would leave me alone. They are always there for me, caring for me and dote on me and even if they doted on me, I was never a spoiled brat. I was taught with manners and etiquette a lady should have and thanks to them, this is what I became and I am happy with it.

[After dinner, in my room]

I received a text message from Minzy. ( Minzy & Me )

"_____-ah, want to have a conference call with Dara, Bommie and CL?"

"Yeap sure ! Call me !"

~~~Call~~~ [ Dara, Park Bom, Minzy, CL, You ]

"HELLLOOOOOOO !"

"Hello CL ! Someone seems to be in a happy mood !"

"_____-ah, what kind of flowers do you like?"

"Ah, I like white roses ! Why'd you ask? Are you going to buy for me? Hehehe..."

"Nope, just asking!"

"Hey, Daesung just asked me out!"

"No way! Are you serious?!"

"OMG, shoot me with more details!"

"AH ! Minzy how'd you replied?"

"WOOH ! Wait, who's Daesung?

"Omo, Daesung is a guy I had a crush on since a few months back and he's cute!!!"

We were all talking and chatting about Minzy and Daesung and other stuffs. I could feel the bond and friendship I had with them. I had never had many girl friends in my life and I mostly hangs out with guys as they were more friendlier and easy to hang out with than girls who only cares about their looks and being so vain about themselves. Being with them felt different. It felt like they were a place for me to lean on when I had problems. I'm really grateful to have them as my friends. Even if they are the queenkas, they were never arrogant. No, not one bit. They were different from the girls in my previous school. They were my best friends.

We talked for hours on the phone, laughing and joking when suddenly, I received another call from someone. My eyes were wide when I saw that Chunji was calling me. I had forgotten all about him and finally he was calling me. I told them I had another call and I would put them on hold. I immediately answered Chunji's call.

"_____-ah, m-my Mum!" Chunji cried on the phone.

My mind went blank. I was wondering what had happen to ahjumma. I could tell by Chunji's voice that something bad had happened. Ahjumma was like my second mother and I had grown to love her like my own mother. If anything happens to ahjumma, it felt as though my world was breaking.

 

 

 

 

hehehehe... Another update... I'll probably update another one here. Sorry this chapter is a bit boring because I want to show how friendship had grown since she came to Korea. Don't worry, there's going to be more excitement coming your way... More characters as well. And about Minzy and Daesung, well I didn't know who to pair her up with.. It's random really !!! Sorry !!! Continue reading and subscribe pleaseeee. As usual, comments are welcomed !