Chapter 13

Our Career [HIATUS]

A/N : Please refer to 14 first...

 

 

Tiffany’s POV.

 

Ends with all the party, right now we’re doing our own activity. Hyoyeon and Yoona went to practice their dance routine while Sunny and Taeyeon went for their vocal practice leaving me, Sooyoung, Seohyun and Yuri alone in this house. I know it’s already night time but yes, we sometimes will practice late at night.

 

Nothing else to do, I went inside my room, took my clothes off and head to take a warm shower. It’s really refreshing with the steam all over the bathroom, strawberry scent shower gel; nothing could make me even more relax then this. Finish with all my routine in the bathroom, I went out of it and get into a pink pyjamas. Ready for my beauty sleep.

 

I walk towards my comfortable queen sized bed and jump right on it. I shifted my body to look at the right side of my bed and that’s when I saw my handphone placed on the nightstand. And again…THAT’S when my mind started drifted off to that particular person. Yes, that particular person… Jessica. I’ve been thinking a lot about her lately, especially today…

 

Since she dropped me off, she hadn’t come back home at all. How long has it been? Five hours? Yes, totally five hours. Where could she have gone to? In this cold weather. I don’t know why but it just makes me curious, worried and concern to know that she’s outside in this cold weather.

 

Some, what I think is awesome, idea came across my mind. I took my phone from the nightstand and dialled a number. I waited for a while for the person to pick up her phone…

 

“Hi! This is Jessica. I’m kinda busy right now. So call me back, okay?!” …and it went straight to the voicemail. I tried again and again but the result is still the same. This makes worried so bad.

 

“What if something happen to Jessica? What if a squirrel attacks her and she can’t fight it like how it happens to me? What if someone kidnap her and ask for her autograph? That can’t be, we’re not famous yet. Well…well what if…? ” And the question full of ‘what if?’ kept spinning in my head. I can’t seem to stay calm until I found out what had happen to Jessica.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

Here I am. Black clouds, shining stars, toe nail shaped moon, in front of a calm lake, under a big tree, on a bench; it’s a park. That’s where I am and it’s freezing out here but I still don’t want to go back home so I just stay here although it’s so cold.

 

It has been more than five hours since I send Tiffany at our dorm. “They must be having fun” I thought.

 

Well let’s see, I went to the practice room in our entertainment building for around three hours and straight away came here after that. That’s mean I’m here at the park for around two hours. I didn’t even do anything for the past two hours except for kept reminiscing the moment that I had with Tiffany and me for the past few days. The held each other’s hands, smiling, chatting and everything that we did together. It’s just so… enticing. You know, to get to do the things that will rarely happen. How I wish I could stop the clock and spend as much time as possible with her.

 

*ring ring*

 

The ringtone of my handphone was heard. I took it out from my pocket and look at the screen to see the caller.

 

“Tiffany?!” My mind was battling whether to pick it up or not. I don’t know, it’s been hard for to make decision nowadays. Especially when it comes to her, Tiffany. My hand was about to press the ‘answer’ button until I remember this word,

 

‘Ignorance is blissful.’

 

This word. The phrase that has been bothering me since I got the text from…

 

 

Flashback.

 

After receiving the message from Yuri early this afternoon about the surprise party for Tiffany, again I received another message. I took out my handphone to read the message but frown slightly as this time it was from a different sender. Whatever it is, I still clicked on the message and started reading.

 

From : Taeyeon

 

Ignorance is blissful. I was scrolling around the internet until I found this. Don’t you think it’s a perfect phrase for you?

 

End of flashback.

 

 

*sigh*… Taeyeon.

 

I’ll let you guess something…

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

Sooyoung and I are in my bedroom. Doing nothing, I guess? I don’t know. We’re just lying on the bed, talking to each other to kill the boredom and joking around since my roommate, Yoona, is not here. I felt kind of lonely without her though. She always makes me feel…happy? Yes, that’s the right word. Happy.

 

My mind was filled with Yoona’s smile, laughter, eyes and every feature of her until I heard a knock from outside of my bedroom’s door.

 

*knock knock*

 

“Come in!” shouted the ever loud girl, Sooyoung. A red haired girl popped out from the door.

 

“Tiffany?” I asked with curiosity evidence in my voice. I mean, it’s rare to see Tiffany knocking at my door at this time of the day. She walked in my room slowly, like a lost girl and sat at the edge of my bed. This automatically made Sooyoung and I sat from our previous action, facing Tiffany’s back.

 

Sensing the awkwardness, Sooyoung started the conversation.

 

“Anything’s wrong, Fany?”

 

“I-I need your help. Can I?” my eyebrows creased to hear this question. Sooyoung and I looked at each other than face back to Tiffany.

 

“Sure. What is it that you need?” I asked.

 

“Okay, thanks. I-I don’t know how to say this but can you please help me call J-Jessica?” So this has been even queerer. Why Tiffany would want me to call Jessica? For her?

 

“Sure. What is it that you want me to say?”

 

“It’s just that she’s been acting different during our journey back home just now. I tried to call her but she didn’t pick up her phone. I’m kinda worried about her. I think she’s trying to avoid me but I don’t know why.” Tiffany explains.

 

“…so can you please help me to call her and ask where is she and if she’s okay?” she continues with pleading eyes.

 

“No worries. I’ll call her.” Sooyoung took her handphone from my nightstand and dialled Jessica’s phone number and put it on loud speaker.

 

We waited for a few ring,

 

“Hello.”

 

“Yah! Sica! Where are you? Ti…” Sooyoung was about to continue until she felt Tiffany hit her arm slightly motioning not to mention her name.

 

“…I mean, Tiffany’s… party, has ended. So you should come back home. And it’s getting late you know. I thought I’ve told you not to go out at night? Don’t you know it’s dangerous? And it’s cold outside, you’ll get sick. Geez, why are you so stubborn…” Sooyoung continue. It sounds suspicious but let’s just hopes Jessica won’t sense it.

 

“Can you stop talking for a while, Soo? And let me answer your question one by one?” Jessica asked coldly.

 

“Yes, go ahead. Hehehe, sorry”

 

“Firstly, I’m at the park. Secondly, yes I know it’s getting late but you don’t have to worry, okay? Thirdly, yes again, you’ve told me so much not to go out at night. But what can I do? It’s just what I like to do. And lastly, STOP SOUNDING LIKE MY MOTHER!” even though Jessica said it with ease, I can feel threatened by it, not just me but Sooyoung and Tiffany too. It’s just the power that an Ice Princess can do.

 

“O-okay. Just get home fast, okay?” Sooyoung stuttered. Yes, definitely threatened by Jessica.

 

“Alright. I’ll get home in a while. Already in my car. Bye, Soo. And Yuri too. Don’t think that I don’t know you two were together and you’re using loud speaker. I can clearly hear the difference.”

 

The moment Jessica finished saying that, she hung up the call. And right at that moment, three of us, Tiffany, Sooyoung and I gulped the lump in our throat. I could actually tell that everybody’s on their thoughts of house Jessica could be so scary and know everything.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

After the end of the phone call,

 

“There you go. Good thing Jessica didn’t know you were with us.” Sooyoung broke the silence. Everybody sigh in relief.

 

“Tiffany, can I know something?” Asked Yuri.

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

“You said that Jessica was trying to avoid you…” Tiffany nodded in response.

 

“… may I know why is that?” asked Yuri. Sooyoung sat straight up, anticipating the answer.

 

“I don’t know. We were fine from the hospital to the restaurant until we finish our meal and in the car. Until…” Tiffany couldn’t continue when she received an interruption from Sooyoung.

 

“Wait?! What about restaurant and finishing your meal? I thought you went to the hospital. There’s now restaurant near the hospital.”

 

“Jessi brought me to a very nice restaurant this afternoon. We celebrated my birthday together there.” Tiffany answered the question innocently not knowing anything.

 

“So you’re telling me that Jessica brought you, ALONE, to the restaurant and celebrated your birthday, just the two of you?” Now it’s Yuri’s turn to question Tiffany.

 

“Yes.” With that simple short answer Tiffany was puzzled to see Yuri and Sooyoung grinned widely in front of her? She got curious and was about to ask until,

 

“Please continue. Don’t mind us.”

 

“But…” Tiffany asked but was stop again.

 

“Please, just continue your story.”

 

“O-Okay. So we were inside her car then she received a message from someone. It was fine for several replies until she got another one, I don’t know from who, she read the message, ignore it and she started to frown and ignore me. I totally saw the changes in her expression.” Tiffany’s story was clear to make both Sooyoung and Yuri eager to know what happen to Jessica.

 

“It’s okay, Fany. You don’t have to worry. We’ll ask her about it, okay?”

 

“Please do. I just need to know what happen to her. It makes me worry”

 

“We will.”

 

“Thanks so much, guys. I got to go know. Or else she will know that I asked you to call her. Bye”

 

“Bye” and with that Tiffany went out of the room and went into her own room.