Chapter 10

Our Career [HIATUS]

Jessica's POV.

 

I waited for another 5 minutes but still, Tiffany hasn't come out from her room. For some reasons, I got worried. Now, I rose up from the couch and made my way to Tiffany's room.

 

*knock knock* I knocked the door but didn't I get any reply. I frowned. I tried to twist the doorknob hopin that its not locked and I was fortunate that it wasn't. As the door open.

 

"Can I come in?" I asked for permission to come in the room but stil..no reply. I thought she was sulking because of what I said to her just now.

 

"Tiffany, are you okay? Are you mad at me?" But still no reply. As I walked nearer to her, I saw her curling up her body under the thick blanket. Sniffing was heard and shivering was evidence.

 

"Is she crying?" I thought. Arrived near her bed, I remove the blanket slowly and saw her in a bad condition.

 

"OMG! Tiffany, are you okay?" I said nearly shouted. She shooked her head. I put my palm on her forehead to check her temperature. She was heating and her face was red, I mean really red.

 

"We need to go to the hospital."

 

"W..wa..water, Jessi" she stuttered. I ran out of the room and to the kitchen to take a glass of water. Ran again, back to her.

 

"Here, take this." I gave her a medicine and the glass of water. She tried to took it but it seems like she's too weak to even lift her hands up. I felt really sorry to see her like that. I took the glass from her and help her to drink it. I put the glass on her lips and pour it a little but it doesn't work. The water didn't go in . It was spilling out of it. I didn't know what to do. I was clueless.  It took a moment for me to think of a way to give her the water. And...

 

"That's it!" I thought. I got an idea on how to give her the drink. I took the glass that I put on the table just now. Pour some drink in my mouth then went straight to . Part the lips using mine and give her the drink. I saw her eyes widened. You may call it, we were kissing but it's not the right time to think of that. Once again, I repeated the action to give her more to drink. She seems to be a bit better. But her face are still red.

 

 

Tiffany's POV.

 

She took the glass from the table and pour the drink in .

 

"Seriously?! Now that I'm sick you can still take my drink?" I thought. But my thought was cut off when I felt a pair of lips on mine. I was shock. My eyes widened but Jessica seems like didn't care. I began to blush. But then I realised what she was doing. She was just trying to give me the drinks. 

 

"Stupid me for thinking something else" I thought again. As I've recovere from the blushing, here I felt a pair of lips again. My face got red again. 

 

"We need to go to the hospital." said Jessica. She went out from the room left me alone in here. I thought she was leaving me but then she came back with our coats in her hand. She wore her coat then came nearer to me. She lift my back for me to sit. She took the coat and help me to put it on. Aware of my weakness, she lift me up; bridal style, out of the room, from our dorm to her car. She put me in the passenger seat and lay the seat back for me to lay down. She then circled the car for her to go to the driver seat. As she drive to the hospital, I felt asleep.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Jessica's POV.

 

I drove to the nearest hospital and it was like 20 minutes from our dorm. When I took a glanced at Tiffany, I saw her falling asleep soundly.

 

"She looks so beautiful even when she was sleeping." I mumbled.

 

Moments later...

 

We arrived at the hospital. I went straight away to the emergency part. I woke her up then a I saw a nurse coming towards us with a wheelchair. I know she's too weak to walked so I carried her up and put her on the wheelchair. The nurse brought her in the doctor's room for check up. I was called another nurse at the counter.

 

"Miss, you need to register her." she said while handing me a piece of paper. There's a lot of information needed in the paper. I fill it in until there's written 'Date of Birth'. 

 

"Date of birth... hmm... birth." I mumbled.

 

"OMG!" I almost shouted. Pairs of eyes were looking at me. I bowed towards them and mouth 'sorry'. Then I realised that today is Tiffany's birthday. I totally forgot. 

 

"I'm the one that needs to check the calender everyday." I thought, mentally faceplam myself. The moment I've finished writing down the information, I rose from my seat and gave the paper to the nurse at the counter. The doctor called me to come in the room to see Tiffany. I obeyed him and went in to the room.

 

I walked in the room and saw Tiffany still in her dreamland. The doctor motion me to have a seat opposite hime. I took a sit and asked hime how was Tiffany doing.

 

"How is she, doctor?" concerned.

 

"She's fine. She's just having a flu and need some rest. And just a little bit lack of water in her body. Just let her sleep here for tonight and you can take her back tomorrow. I need to put in some water in her and give her some medicine." explained the doctor. I was relieved the moment I heard she was fine. The doctor called the nurse and ask her to take Tiffany in an available ward. We move to the ward. 

 

"And you, young lady. Take some rest too. You seemed tired." said the doctor. I gotta admit, I was a bit tired. So I obeyed him and take a sit on the chair next to Tiffany's bed. I put my palm on her forehead and felt that she has gotten better. For some reason, my hand automatically hold hers but take it back as Tiffany started to stirred from her sleep.

 

"J..Jessi." she tried to get up from her bed but I gently pushed her back.

 

"Just stay there. You need to rest." I saw her eyes. I can see her in pain.

 

"T...thank you, Jessi." she gave me a weak smile. I smiled back at her and carresed her cheeks.

 

"You're welcome." I reply.

 

"Tiffany.." I called her almost whispering. "I'm sorry for forgetting but Happy Birthday..." I said and smile to her. I felt guilty that I forget and don't even have a present for her.

 

"...and I'm sorry I don't have any present for you." I continued.

 

"Thank you, Jess. And it's okay. You've brought me here, so lets just take this as a present for me." she gave me her infamous eyesmile. I was blushing. I look down to hide it. We were chatting while... holding hands but neither of us want to take it away. I don't even remember when I holds her hand or when she holds my hand. 

 

"Now, take a rest. The doctor said you need to stay here until tomorrow. So go to sleep, okay?"

 

"Okay..." she started using her aegyo. "OMO! So cute" I thought.

 

"...but promise me, Jessi. You won't leave me here." she continued. I nodded at her. She smiled and on the way to dreamland while holding my hand tightly. I yawned, tiredness and sighed.

 

Then, I realised something. I need to tell the others about her. I took my handphone out of my pocket and dialled a number.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Hyoyeon's POV.

 

We were getting ready for the surprise party but then my phone was ringing. I look at the screen to see the caller. 'Ice Princess'

 

"Hello" I picked up.

 

"Hyo! Where are you? I'm at the hospital with Tiffany. She's sick so the doctor said she need to stay here until tomorrow. Can you please tell the others about this?" I wanted to reply her, ask her question but she talked to fast, non-stop; that I can't even say a single word.

 

"Y..Yea sure. Which hospital are you in?"

 

"I'm in Seoul National University Hospital. We're in the sixth floor room number 6, just in case if you want to drop by."

 

"Okay, okay. I'll tell the other's bout this. But I don't think they'll allow us to go in since it has pass the visiting hour."

 

"It's okay then. Let's just meet at the dorm tomorrow. Owh, I need to go. Bye."

 

"Bye" the only thing I can say before she hung up her phone. There's plenty more question I wanted to ask her. "What sickness is Tiffany having?", "When did this happen?" and so much more.

 

I walked to the others and told them about Tiffany. They were shocked but a bit dissapointed since the party's going to be cancelled. But the most important thing is Tiffany's alright. I told them that we can go to the hospital but it has pass the visiting hour. So we decided to just go back to our dorm. Taeyeon called Jessica to asked her about her girlfriend's condition and told her that we can't go since it has passed the visiting hours. The last thing I heard her say to Jessica is "please stay by her side and take care of her for me."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Tiffany's POV.

 

I woke up and took a glance at the clock and saw 4.20 a.m. My body was still weak and I felt tired. I wanted to go back to sleep when I saw Jessica still by my side, sleeping while still holding my hands. Her hands is so soft that I don't want to let it go eventhough there's sweat between our hands.

 

"You really took care of me, Jessi. You didn't let go of my hand eventhough you're not in a comfortable position. You kept your promise when I ask you to stay by my side." I thought. I chuckled a bit when I heard a light snore from her. She look so peaceful and beautiful even when she's sleeping. I hold her hands tightly, don't want to let it go; pecked her forehead at went back to sleep. It is the best birthday ever!

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEPHANIE HWANG MIYOUNG!! SARANGHAEYO!

A/N : Tiffany's Special Birthday chapter. So what do you think? Leave a COMMENT! I love you guys!