Chapter 11

Our Career [HIATUS]

At Seoul National University Hospital...

 

Tiffany stirred from her sleep as the sunshine's on her pale but beautiful face. She open her eyes while yawning widely. Saw the clock; 08:36 a.m. She heard a light snores coming from her right ear. She turn her head to face the person and saw sleeping Jessica, while still holding her hand tightly. Looking at this makes Tiffany think of how caring Jessica is instead of her cold and blunt personality. This is totally a new side of Jessica that's rarely been shown to others. After a while of admiring, Tiffany decided to wake the sleeping beauty up.

 

"Jessi..." she shook Jessica's hand lightly .

 

"Jessica... wake up." still no reaction.

 

"Jessica!"

 

"Jessica!!"

 

"JESSICA! WAKE UP!" she said, slightly yelling but not too loud. Finally, the latter stirred from her position.

 

"*yawns* What's wrong, Tiff? Do you need anything?" Jessica answer her, still not fully awake.

 

"No. I don't need anything. It's just that... it's already 8 in the morning."

 

"....." Jessica didn't answer her. Tiffany looked at Jessica and saw her sleeping, again. She shooked her head in disbelief. "This girl is really a sleeping beauty" she thought while let Jessica sleep a little longer. Few moments passed but Jessica still hasn't awake yet. Tiffany felt bored and decided went back to her laying position and slowly close her away, wanted to went back to dreamland. Until... the door slamed open. A tall figure came in with short black hair wearing a white coat.

 

"GOOD MORNING, GIRLS!" the doctor came in with a wide smile plastered on his face. Despite on the loud noise, the ice princess finally wake up from her sleep and straight away gave a cold glare towards the loud doctor. The doctor knew that Jessica's giving him a glare, he avoids any eye contact with Jessica and quickly find a topic to distract that scary moment.

 

"So, how are you feeling, Miss Hwang?" he asked while looking at a paper placed near Tiffany's bed. On the paper, its written there about Tiffany's illness and everything that the doctor needs to know.

 

"I'm actually feeling much better from yesterday." Tiffany replied with her eyesmile.

 

"Yeah. Good for you. I'm really tired, you know?" Jessica said sarcastically jumping in the conversation. Both Tiffany and the doctor looked at Jessica. Jessica feeling awkward at the stares she received, she decided to break it.

 

"What? I'm just saying that I'm tired. And you know what, doctor? You should do a check up on me instead of staring at me like that." The doctor giggled looking at Jessica.

 

"Hahaha, Jessi. I thought you've had enough sleep, didn't you?"

 

"Yes! I had a very nice sleep until someone decided to slamed the door open and talk loudly like there's a huge crowd in this place." She said, and again sarcastically. This doctor is not the doctor that treated Tiffany the day before. He's a different doctor.

 

"WAIT!" Tiffany yelled. Both Jessica and the doctor look at Tiffany, confused.

 

"How do you know Jessica's name? And Jessi, you should be kind towards the doctor, you know." She continued as a curious expression was plastered on her face. The two, Carl and Jessica giggled looking at lost Tiffany.

 

"I'm sorry. Let me introduced myself. I'm Carl Jung, a doctor in this hospital and also our dear Jessica's cousin." He said as he extended his hand to Tiffany. Tiffany accepted his hand shake and gave him her infamous eyesmile.

 

"And he really doesn't need to be treated kindly." Jessica added.

 

"Owh~ No wonder you guys fought with each other. And Jessi, he SHOULD be treated kindly. I mean everyone does." Carl had a smirk on his face after hearing what Tiffany said. He knows that he won today's argument with Jessica. Just in case someone might give them a wrong impression, Jessica and Carl will always fight whenever they see each other. Jessica felt pissed; looked away and cursed under her breath, not wanting to see that kind of face from her cousin. She hates it when she lost. To change the topic, Carl took the paper and started to flipping it.

 

"So, as written here, you can go back today. And I think you can go maybe in the afternoon." Carl's voice turns serious. Tiffany nodded as in understood.

 

"Can't you let us go early, Carl?" Jessica asked showing her aegyo towards her cousin. Carl is already used to Jessica showing her cute yet awkward aegyo. This girl is really a bipolar. Just now she was like a fierce cat and now she's showing her aegyo.

 

"Hmm.. I don't think so, Jess. Tiffany needs to go for her last check up then, you can go back."

 

"And you surely won't look good in front of Tiffany with your awkward, irritating, annoying and weird aegyo." he continued teasingly. Jessica gets pissed with her cousin's teasing, she stomped her leg on Carl's foot, making him scream in pain.

 

"OUCH! THAT HURTS!"

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Later...

 

Tiffany and Jessica went together for the check up, after its done, they went back to the room and getting ready to go back home. There's not much thing for them to carry since they didn't bring anything yesterday. They settled the payment and walked to Jessica's car.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

In the car...

 

"Tiffany.." Jessica called as she twist the steering to the left. Tiffany look at Jessica.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Would you mind if I bring you somewhere else first? You're tired or something? I mean if you wanna go straight back home also can." Jessica asked.

 

"I don't mind. I'm not tired at all infact I'm feeling really fresh today. Where do you wanna bring me to?" Tiffany asked with curious and excitement filled her eyes. Jessica smiled looking at the excited Tiffany.

 

"Somewhere, its a secret."

 

"I don't care as long as its safe, Jessi" Tiffany and Jessica chuckled a bit.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

After around 30 minutes later, Jessica and Tiffany arrived at a restaurant. It looks fancy with crystal light hanging on the ceiling, marble floor and everything that a fancy restaurant has. 

 

 

Jessica's POV.

 

"Reservation for two." I told the worker.

 

"Name, please." she asked.

 

"Jessica. Jessica Jung." she search for my name in her system and finally found it. She lead us to our table and we took a sit there. We were place in a secluded area since I asked for it. The waiters then started to pour some wine into out glass and served our food. They left and we started to eat.

 

"Jessi, when did you plan all this?" TIffany asked Jessica. 

 

 

Flashback

 

It was 3.30 in the morning when I suddenly woke up from my sleep. I look at Tiffany and she was sleeping soundly. Then I remembered something, Tiffany's birthday. I felt really bad for not remembering her birthday. I thought of something and found a good idea on how to make it up. 

 

I took my phone out of my pocket and started to text a particular person.

 

To : Nicole

Hey, Cole. I'm sorry if I texted you this early in the morning but I know really well that you're not yet asleep. I just wanted to ask you a favor to make a reservation under my name at your restaurant. Can you please do it for me?

 

*Beep*

 

A reply from Nicole...

 

From : Nicole

You sure know's me well, Sica. Yeah sure. That shouldn't be a problem. What time do you wanna come? And you want me to set anything for you?

 

Jessica's reply,

 

To : Nicole

Of course I know you well. We're cousins. I think I come around in the afternoon. If it's possible can you please reserve a secluded area and a great menu prepared with a birthday cake. It's actually Tiffany's birthday, so I wanna celebrate it.

 

From : Nicole :

WOW! You've gotten closer with Tiffany, I see. Care to tell me what happen? *putting a grin on my face*

 

To : Nicole

Hahaha I'll tell you when we meet, okay? Now you go to sleep and don't forget to make the reservation.

 

From : Nicole

OKAY! Yes, omma! I'm going to sleep now.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

"I seriously felt bad for forgetting your birthday so I decided to make a reservation here. I called them when you were asleep last night." Jessica told Tiffany.

 

The lunch goes by fast as they enjoy the food, singing birthday song for Tiffany, eating birthday cake together and Tiffany receiving birthday present. After everything was settled, they went back to their dorm.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N : Chapter 11 fresh from the oven! Tell me what you guys think about this chapter by commenting! And welcome to the new subscribers and thank you for your warm comments. I really appreciate it.