Chapter 12

Our Career [HIATUS]

A/N : Sooooooooo....... I'm back from a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy long hiatus. I'm so so so so so so sorry bout that. I'm suppose to update in the middle of October but I'm out of town. So I'm sorry again. Hope you enjoy this chapter. I'll try to update a soon as possible.

 

Sorry again. Enjoy this chapter :D.

 

+++ 

 

Preview of Chapter 11.

 

Tiffany and Jessica went together for the check-up, after its done, they went back to the room and getting ready to go back home. There's not much thing for them to carry since they didn't bring anything yesterday. They settled the payment and walked to Jessica's car.

 

*********

 

 

"I seriously felt bad for forgetting your birthday so I decided to make a reservation here. I called them when you were asleep last night." Jessica told Tiffany.

 

The lunch goes by fast as they enjoy the food, singing birthday song for Tiffany, eating birthday cake together and Tiffany receiving birthday present. After everything was settled, they went back to their dorm.

 

 

+++

 

 

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

 

Out of the restaurant, two girls walk to a black Sudan car parked near the entrance of the restaurant. Jessica went to the passenger's door and open the door for Tiffany. Tiffany gave her infamous eye smile to the gentleman attitude girl Jessica. Jessica circled the car and got to the driver's door, opens it and took a seat. She inserts the key into the key hole and started the engine of the car. 

 

Before Jessica could make a move, she felt her pocket vibrating from the impact of her hand phone. Takes out the hand phone from her pocket and touch on the screen to read the message.

 

 

From : Yuri

Sica-ya, you're still with Tiffany, right? Where are you two right now? Come back home fast. We're having a surprise party for Tiffany. You're coming, right?

 

Jessica's reply,

 

 

To : Yuri

We're on our way back home. I'll send her home fast but sorry, I won't join the party.

 

After replying Yuri's message, Jessica put her phone back in her pocket, push the pedal and started driving back home. On the way, Jessica received another message from Yuri. She took her phone in her pocket and read the message.

 

 

From : Yuri

Yah! C'mon! At least show her that you care. Just stay here. You won't need to do anything and everything's gonna be fine.

 

The other members still didn’t know that Jessica had already given Tiffany a surprise. Not even Jessica’s best friend Yuri and Sooyoung. “Not everything that we should tell other, right?” she thought.

 

Jessica just ignore the message that she received and continue driving. "Everything's gonna be fine? How is that possible when I know there's gonna be kissing and holding hands and feeding cake to each other..." thought Jessica and sighed heavily.

 

A moment later, she, again received another message but this time from a different sender. She taps her phone screen and read the message. Her face now changed into a frown. Unaware of Jessica, the latter beside her saw the changes in her face. Curiosity and concern began to build up in Tiffany.  After around 6 minutes later Tiffany gather her courage to ask Jessica, tried hard not to sound like a busy body.

 

"Who are you texting?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Nobody" Jessica answered with a cold expression. Jessica took a glance at Tiffany and saw her pouting cutely like a kid that didn't get her candy. Jessica had the urge to chuckled at the latter but managed to refrain herself from doing so. Little did Tiffany knows, the one that texted Jessica was someone who she didn't expected to.

 

After that, the whole journey from the restaurant to their dorm was in a complete, awkward silence. Both of the girls in their own deep thought.

 

" Who texted her? She was so kind to me just now but she just answered me with a simple 'nobody' and cold expression. I never knew she's a bipolar. But everything she did for me this past few days just make me... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING TIFFANY HWANG?!! "Tiffany scolded herself with her own silly thought.

 

"I'm sorry for not talking to you, Tiff. Ignorance is blissful, they said." Jessica thought with sadness.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Around 20 minutes later…

 

 

Tiffany’s POV.

 

After a long 20 minutes of silence in the car, we finally reached our dorm. Jessica stopped the car in front of the entrance and pressed the unlock button to unlock the car door.

 

“You’re not coming?” I asked. She didn’t even look at me when she unlocked the car. I just felt like something happen. We were very happy when we were in the restaurant just now but suddenly she became so cold towards me again. It actually makes me miss the warm-and-smiling Jessica.

 

“You go ahead. I’m going somewhere else.” She replied… still not looking at me.

 

I opened the door, took my handbag and get out of the car. As soon as I closed the door shut, Jessica has sped her way from our dorm. I stood there several minutes; dumbfounded; trying to understand what actually happened.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I made my way into the lift of our dorm. I pressed the 6th floor button, the door closed slowly and I wait for it to arrive at that floor. After a moment of waiting, the lift made a ‘ting’ sound and the door opened. I stepped out of the lift and went straight to my dorm.

 

I didn’t hear any sound in our dorm. “They must not be at home right now.” I thought. I fished the key in my handbag and put it in the key hole. Turn the key and pushed the door open.

 

“SURPRISE!” was heard from the living room as soon as I open the door. There I saw balloons hanging at every corner of the house, a big cake placed on the table in the middle of the room with 23 little candles lit on it and almost everybody, the members, in the house were wearing a party mask except for Yoona and Sooyoung who is already at the dining table, eating every food that is on it.

 

I stood there, mouth hanging apart, shocked to see the surprise that they gave me.

 

“Fany-ah, hurry up! Make a wish and blow out the candle. What are you doing standing there?” Noticed that I was standing there doing nothing, my girlfriend, Taeyeon called me and motion me to the cake. I stood near the big cake, make my wish and blew out the candles.

 

I felt a pair of hands was hugging me from behind. I turn my body around to see who hugged me and found out it was none other than my girlfriend, Taeyeon.

 

“Happy birthday, Fany-ah!” she said and gave me a pecked on the lips. ‘Aww’s’ were heard in the room from our members that made me blushed.

 

Finally, we started to cut the cake into pieces and enjoy the taste of the well-baked cake. There’s also spaghetti cooked by Taeyeon and Sunny, drinks that Hyoyeon and Sooyoung bought and also pizza that Yuri and Yoona bought from the nearest store.

 

As time goes by, all the food on the dining table has been swept into our stomach, well most of it is in the shikshin’s, Sooyoung and Yoona’s stomach. Right now, were sitting at the living room; watching television.

 

“Fany-ah, why don’t you open up your presents? Since we’re not doing anything right now.” Says Hyoyeon. I stood up from the couch and went to take all the presents that the members gave me. A Tiffany & Co.’s bracelet from Taeyeon, a pair of Christian Louboutin's high heels and an H&M's white drape dress from Hyoyeon,Sooyoung and Yuri, lastly, pair of J.ESTINA's earing from Yoona. I was so thankful for that. That is totally the things that I wanted but had no time to buy it.

 

I even got a bottle of Anna Sui's perfume from Jessica.

 

 

Flashback.

 

At the restaurant. (Jessica's surprise for Tiffany) 

 

We had finished eating, singing birthday song and sharing the cakes with the restaurant's employees since its too big for both of us. Suddenly, Jessica get up from her seat,

 

"Wait here for awhile, I'll go and get something."

 

As she asked me too, I stay in my seat until she come back. She was kind off sweating. I bet it's hot outside, I thought. But then I look at her hands behind her back, there's something she's hiding there. Curiosity got the better of me but I decided to wait until she show what it is. 

 

She came straight to me; I saw her hesitated a bit. Maybe she's nervous, but for what? I thought. So I just sat there staring at her beautiful figure walking towards me.

 

“H-here’s a f-flower for you.” She handed me a bouquet of red roses. It smells so nice and there’s even a small yet cute teddy bear in the middle of it.

 

“Thank you, Jessi. It’s so nice.” I gave her my infamous eye smile.  *giggle* I giggled as I saw her blushing. She’s just so cute. I feel like pinching her cheeks right now but don’t worry. I restrained myself from doing so.

 

“Urm, Tiffany.” She called me. I look at her and saw her handing me a box present. I didn’t know what it is because it’s being wrapped so I asked her.

 

“What is in here, Jessi?”

 

“It’s a fragrance. I really love the smell so I think it would be nice to have you use it.”

 

“Thank you so much, Jessi. I promise to use it whenever we’re together.” I saw her smile to me before I rose up from my sit and gave a very welcoming hug.  Hehehe I know she’s blushing madly right now. I can just feel from her cheek that we’re touching mine.

 

End of Flashback.

 

 

My eyes were gleaming and my face was beaming happily to reminisce the continuous surprise that I received from the members. The surprise in this house full of laughters, presents they gave me, delicious food served, new gentleman side of Jessi, that warm-sweet-beautiful-rare-smile… And that’s when I started thinking about her, that particular person, Jessica Jung…