It's Unfair

He Was Trouble

Still too many thoughts echoing inside my head, I was waiting for HimChan outside my apartment. It wasn't cold, but the wind was what made me feel rather chilly. I am pretty sure that the sleep deprivation made it even worse.

 

Finally, after waiting for about two minutes, I saw Himchans red Volvo, which I remembered seeing last week. It wasn't anything fancy, just cute little something that I obeyed HimChan got for cheap. I convinced it was him, as the car stopped right in front of me and I stepped in. HimChan looked at me for awhile and his face was like he had just seen Santa Claus.

 

"What?" I asked almost angrily.

 

"Man, you look horrible."

 

"Aw, thanks, exactly what I wanted to hear."

 

He chuckled and moved the wheel. We begun the drive silently, without even really looking at each others. Even thought HimChan seemed stressed in the phone, he wore the same smile he used to have when he talked about KNUA in high school. It brought so many memories to me, I hadn't even realized how much I missed.

 

"She was your girlfriend, right?" I asked to break the silence, even thought I think we both enjoyed it. I was just so curious.

 

"Yeah..." HimChan said, sadness in his voice, but still wearing that same smile.

 

"I bet she is really cute."

 

"Yeah..."

 

I was able to tell already that the conversation wasn't going anywhere so I just tried to make myself comfortable and looked outside of the window.

 

"She can be so paranoid sometimes, thought." HimChan suddenly spoke out and I snapped back to look at him. He chuckled, but it wasn't a happy chuckle.

 

"She thinks I've been cheating on her. Damn, where does she get all those crazy ideas..." I smiled comfortingly before just simply stating; "Women.". He laughed quietly. This time sounding slightly happier than before.

 

"So how is your life. First day at school, right?"

 

"Yeah. You have no idea what happened to me, and I don't think I want to even tell." Himchan looked at me worryingly, so I just  flashed him a quick smile before continueing. "I just really want to get drunk right now."

 

Silence fell between us, and so we both didn't speak for the rest of the ride.

 

We arrived to a tiny bar, in the corner of an restraunt and a few kiosks surrounding us. The place was small, but definately not deserted. To be exat, it was full of life, even thought it was monday, and an unusual time for drinking. We made our way out of the biggest crowds and sat down to the bar stools. HimChan was kind enough to order me few drinks before finally starting a conversation again.

 

"It's really unfair." He said.

 

"What?"

 

"How I always trust things to you, but you never tell me anything."

 

"What makes you say that?"

 

"Pfft. Come on, man. I already told you about my girlfriend, it's time for you to tell me about yours."

 

"What? There is no girl..."

 

"Ah, yeah, right, right..." He turned to caress the glass of his beer with his fingers a little before suddenly snapping back at me. "Just how drawn away from each others do you think we are? I know it's been years, but you were my best friend and I can tell when it's about girls and when it's not!" I looked at him, not really knowing what to say. In a way he was right, but in a way he wasn't. And how am I going to explain that to him?

 

"I-I..."

 

"... Yes, you?" He repeated after me impatiently wanting to know about... Probably my life, I guessed.

 

"Ahm... Well, it all started when I woke up like... ing four hours before I was supposed to. Not just that, but then I went to the school, thinking that I should be teaching these kids in half hours or so. Just then that greedy -"

 

"Wowow, what greedy ?"

 

"That greedy , who is just... greedy and stuff..."

 

"What was she like?"

 

Great. Now HimChan thinks I have a crush on that stupid...

 

"Ah, she... Well she was..." I realized that there was no way I would want HimChan to know about what that boy did to me. Instead I decided to just let him think that this really was about me liking the other teacher. "She was, well, young, pretty, y... A little nosy, that's all." HimChan burst out laughing. I looked awkwardly to the ground and waited for him to stop.

 

"Aww, man, let me guess, you made yourself seem like a complete jerk in front of her!" This time I smiled too, because it was so true. I was 100% sure that this woman didn't like me.

 

"Yeah, I guess I kinda did." I chuckled.

 

"Ah, boy, you better ask her out, thought!"

 

"What? How could I? She probably hates me or something..."

 

"Why, what did you do?"

 

"Aish, I don't know. I am just pretty sure she thinks I am a complete idiot... She just dislikes me. I know it."

 

"Ah, you are so hopeless. You see, this is the exact reason why you've never dated anyone. You are sooo delusional, thinking that all the pretty girls must hate you. You must stop thinking like that, and just be a man for once in your life and ask her out. I am sure she will say yes!"

 

"Hmmh... I bet you are right." I was too tired to even be offended. I didn't think it would matter anyways, since there is no way I'd take that out. It was time for some serious drinking session.

 

~~

 

Okay, I know that not much happened in this chapter, but that's kind of cause...

NOBODY ANSWERED MY QUESTION ABOUT HIMCHAN AND HIS GIRLFRIEND

*is offended and goes to a dark corner to sobs herself to sleep*

btw, how come this one came out so big, when the HELP I wrote the exact same way turned out so small...

 

The next day:

 

O hai, what you guys doin' hier... O rite

 

AS I WAS SAYIN' I still need your help. Please, takes you 1 minute to answer, my silent readers~~