Here I go Again

He Was Trouble

Rogue's Café.. Yes, very interesting place, I must say. It was a small place, with high tables, chairs and a round bar counter in the middle. The place was decorated in dark colours, which included different shades of brown and red.

 

HimChan lead me to a slot type of a place, which was hewn inside a brick wall. We sat down opposite each other, and as I was studying the place with my eyes, HimChan was already ordering some warm drinks for both of us.

 

"Are you daydreaming again?" HimChan interrupted my thoughts.

 

"What? No. I am just wondering.. About things."

 

"What kind of things, for example?"

 

"Ah, uhh, aish.. Well, just.. Do you really think I am a good teacher? Because not many seem to think so."

 

HimChan chuckled. "Well, there is some things about you that take awhile to adjust and get used to, but other than that, you are just fine, trust me. You just have to give it some time."

 

I was slightly hurt by what HimChan meant to tell me as an joke. It just didn't make me laugh at all.

 

"Yeah.. OK." I sipped my latte.

 

"Hey.. If I insulted you somehow, just.. I didn't meant to, ok?"

 

"Dude, don't sweat about it. It's fine, I undertand, it was a joke. Hahah." I sipped again. Just then I realised how hot the latte was, and did my best to hide the pain from my face as I burned my tongue.

 

"It's really difficult these days."

 

I stared at HimChan for awhile. "What exactly are you talking about."

 

"Just.. Being happy, you know? It's behind so much work everytime, especially with you. Just see you smile every once in awhile, it's very difficult."

 

"Yea, well have you ever thought that I may not be happy at all? Has that thought ever crossed your mind? Have you ever even dared to ask?" I stood up in anger. Doesn't this person understand at all? About anything? Does he?

 

"No! I haven't dared to ask! But do you know why?" HimChan raised his voice. "Because I am scared that if you tell me that you are unhappy, there is nothing I can do to make you happy.. You know, that I am not able to bring you any joy at all anymore. I am scared. You are so.. So something, lately. I am worried."

 

I stayed like that for awhile, until slowly descending back to my seat.

 

"I.. I am sorry. I don't know what's been wrong with me lately. I just.. Feel like I am running, trying to catch something that isn't even real."

 

"I have no idea what you are trying to tell me, but, well, what do you want me to say? What would make you feel better?"

 

I shrugged. For a second I was lost in my words, somehow knowing what I should say, yet unable to express myself.

 

"I.. I'd like to start rapping again."

 

HimChans mouth formed an "o", as he stared at me, his eyes bigger than I've ever seen them be.

 

"What? S-so that's all? That's what would make you happy? Why didn't you tell me earlier?!"

 

"Huh, is it so simple to get to battles around here?"

 

"Pfft, for sure! There are battles all around the town, some are even legal!"

 

"What? No kidding!"

 

"I am telling the truth, man! If I am right, I think even.. Wait." HimChan stood up and walked to speak to the bartender. They whispered to each other and shot few silent glares around the room. After a small chit chat, HimChan came back with a smirk on his face.

 

"Yea, we've got a plan for tonight."

 

"What? Tonigh? Where?"

 

"Just what do you expect, here ofcourse!"

 

"Wait, what? HimChan, I don't think you quite understand! I haven't rapped for years, I can't just-"

 

"Shh!"

 

HimChan looked around nervously.

 

"Wh-hat?"

 

"Don't be so loud, man, we could get caught."

 

"Oh.. I thought this one was legal."

 

"Hahh, right.."

 

"But you did say that there are some legal ones, right?"

 

"Yea, but those are for ."
 

I growled.

 

"So, out of all the legal gigs around here, you put me, a person who is supposed to be a perfect role model for young children in a critical age, into that one illegal rap battle."

 

"No, it's more like.. 99,9% battles around here are illegal... Funny thing that it didn't seem to trouble you back at home, you know."

 

"Yea, back then I- Well, just.. Forget it."

 

"Great, so it's a deal. Make sure to be here at 23.00 or so."

 

"Yeah, yeah.."

 

Here I go again..

 

~~

 

Hi there.

 

As few of you know, I am going throught a difficult time in my life once again, yet I wish to finish this fanfic in 7 months. It might seem like there is lots of time for me to continue, but since I still have 4 months of school to attend, and lots of palliative care to be part of, I'd say my time is quite limited. I wish to have a proper ending anyways. And if I suddenly stop answering messages, continueing stories and.. Just being online, you can feel free unsubscribe. Thank you for your patience and support. Everyones kind words have always melted my heart, and made me feel welcome, I truly appreciate it.

Thank you