We Were Best Friends

He Was Trouble

I stumbled into my apartment and clumsily made my way to my bed. I was tired and didn't know what to think. I couldn't keep my eyes open and my headache was growing stronger every minute. I knew I couldn't sleep when so many thoughts were crossing my mind, and that left me with only one option. Alcohol.

 

I called my childhood friend HimChan, who I happened to run into last week. Literally. We discussed for a minute or two, and he told me he had moved to Daegu with his girlfriend, after graduating from KNUA. *Korea National University of Arts/한국예술종합학교

 

When we were younger, we used to sneak out and go drinking and such. We were what you would call best friends, until our ways separated and we moved to study on our own. It's funny to think back at the times we were planning on forming a hiphop/rap group together. We were really serious about it. We performed in many underground battles and such. I think HimChan could have won them all, but sadly, me and my horrible stage fright were holding him back. Sure, we won few battles, but we weren't really that great. I think it annoyed HimChan alot, and I felt sorry for him.

 

Even thought he yelled at me sometimes, his face always brightened up when he mentioned KNUA, and how much fun we will be having when we both go there.

 

Obiviously, I never did.

 

It was my parents fault. Not mine. He was upset for weeks, when I told him I couldn't accompany him anymore. My parents had found all of my drinks, I had provided for me and HimChan for that night. They banned me from meeting all my friends, which meant I couldn't go to the rap battles anymore neither. Not that they even knew I had ever attended such things. I had always made up an excuse like, 'I am going to stay over at HimChans place' or 'I am helping Miss Wang with her flower shop again'. I did it so often it was funny that they hadn't caught me earlier.

 

HimChan didn't speak to me at school anymore. He didn't speak to anyone. It was really heartbreaking sight to see. The usually so out-going and charismatic HimChan was only a memory anymore. He attended rap battles alone, or so I heard, and he was doing great in them. It was just that he seemed rather depressed, after having such big plans for the future being just wiped away like that. Thought, in a way, I believe that having such misfortune made him stronger as a person, and so he attended KNUA alone. He was poor, but got talent, so he was able to get there for free. That's all he told me about it last week. *This actually happened. He got to study in there for free, but since I don't know a lot about KNUA etc. I kind of want to leave this topic open.

 

While HimChan was basically introverting himself, my parents were getting more and more strict about my social life. Eventually they had found out about my rap battles and apparently 'inappropriate behaving at school', and I believed there was nothing for me to do that would appease them anymore. Then I had an idea.

 

My both parents are teachers, so what about if I'd become one too?

 

... And that, pretty much ruined my life. Completely.

 

Sure, my parents were delighted to hear I was 'actually doing something productive with my life', but the thing was, that I had absolutely no interest to even lift my finger for some stupid kids to learn stuff they wouldn't need in their lifes anyways.

 

I was good in english thought, which was rare for a south-korean student, I am. I had learned a lot, while listening to people like 50 cent, P.Diddy and Pharrel. It was troublesome, but I managed to learn few of their songs quite very perfectly.

 

Almost right away after graduating, I begun to teach a self-contained class with an older and more experienced teacher. I am still amazed of how keen I became on to those kids. I never liked kids anyways, and now I was almost like... cooing just to see few mentally challeneged kids drooling all over the floors. Okay, I admit that sounded quite rude, but I just say things how they are, and in fact, I loved to take care of them. It made me feel like I was finally someone important. Someone who could be trusted. Someone good.

 

After a couple of beeps, an unfamiliar voice answered my call.

 

"Hello, Hwa SuBin speaking."

 

"A-ah, w-wr-wrong number..."

 

"Yah, SuBin, you answered my phone again?!" I heard this time a rather familiar voice echoing throught the phone. A girl let out a deafening cry and whined about something while I heard few thuds and assumed that HimChan had just snatched the phone out of the poor girls hands.

 

"Hi." He sounded like he had just ran a marathon.

 

"Uhh... Hi... Look, if you are busy, I can just-"

 

"No, please, say what you were going to."

 

"Agh, well, I was just wondering that... Since it's been quite of a day for me, maybe you would accompany me in a bar or something, but you seem to be in a bit of hurry, so-"

 

"No, no! Please! Let's go!" He begged and I heard the girl mumbling something like 'Being-crazy-if-going-to-bar-on-monday-afternoon'  or something.

 

"Oh, okay. That's fine with me. Where should we go?"

 

"Don't worry. I know a good place. I'll pick you up." He didn't give me time to answer and just quit the call instead. Guess he wasn't having a too good day neither.

 

~~

 

OMG yes I know I still blather way too much ;__; but I just wanted Guk and Himchan to have some sort of history together~~ and this time I really need your help! In fact, I am gonna write HELP here in sooo big letters that all my subscribers must notice it!

 

HELP

What the hell that's not even big

 

Now then. It's about HimChan. HimChan and his girlfriend. Do you think it's good like that or should I make them break up and pair HimChan with someone else instead? If so, who? The pairing that gets the most votes will be the one to take over. Remember: your vote counts. You can't vote YongGuk or JoonHong. They have each other.

 

Also, another thing. This is quite personal, but the title of this chapter actually has something to do with my life. I lost one of my closest friends recently, and today fought with my big brother too. It's quite rough for me since me and my brother are extremely close. Maybe because we are from such culture, where it's a norm to have a close bond to your family, but since I am not too close to my other family members, having fight with my brother is really breaking my heart. Besides, I have never fought with him before :( I know what you are thinking, I know it's strange for siblings not to fight, but my brother is 4 years older than me, and he has always been extremely protective towards me. He is like a father to me really, and I don't want to lose him... :(

 

So I am really sorry if updating this fic will be taking me longer now on. I am not really in the mood of writing~~ mianhae