~ Eight ~

The Beautiful Exorcist

Yuri put her phone on the table with a smile. Though Donghae and she were constantly bickering, he still cared for her like an elder brother despite his childish behaviour. Yuri took a stroll by herself in the garden. The Jung sisters were scheduled to have slimming session which Yuri did not need to go.

“What lovely cousins you have…” Yuri was startled by Yunho’s deep and low voice behind her. “Oops…! I’m sorry if I’ve scared you… I didn’t mean it…” Yunho apologised.

“Erm…” Yunho was at a loss of what to say. “Why not we start over again by introducing ourselves properly…?” Yunho wiped his perspiring palm on his pants nervously and extended towards Yuri. “Hi, I’m Jung Yunho, director of Jung’s Corporation and brother of Jessica and Krystal… Erm… I’m twenty-two this year and still single…”

Yuri slipped her palm into Yunho’s and shook hand with him. “Hi… I’m Kwon Yuri… A nineteen years old account executive of Safe & Swift Shipping Company…” Yuri paused and thought of her last attempt to withdraw herself from this sticky situation. “I’m also the only female exorcist in my family…”

Yuri carefully observed Yunho’s reaction. But he merely arched his eyebrow as if not believing her. “It’s true…!” Yuri tried to persuade Yunho who simply smiled. “Fine… It seems that you don’t believe me… I’ve great abilities…! Let me show you…!” Yuri hate people underestimated her capabilities.

Yuri expertly climbed up to the balcony located at third storey and jumped down. She landed elegantly on the ground with Yunho applauding for her. “Wow… Not only that you’re pretty and y… You’re smart and skilful too…!”

“What…??!!” Yuri uttered disbelievingly. The Jung director must have really injured his head badly. She encircled his right arm and pushed him towards the door. “Come, Mr Jung, I think you require a brain check-up at the hospital… It seems that you are mentally un…”

“I’m perfectly fine, Yuri…” Yunho stopped and faced Yuri. He stared intensely at Yuri and cupped her rosy cheeks. “I don’t care what extraordinary occupation you have… I don’t care if you capture ghost or monster or vampire or demon… I only care that… You have captured my heart ever since I laid my eyes on you this morning by the pool… So you’re not scaring me off by your unique part-time job… You’re not scaring me off by your dinosaur appetite… And you’re definitely not scaring me off by your fiery temper…”

Yuri could feel her cheeks getting heated and redder by what Yunho had confessed. It was a never in her life that she was so helpless in the circumstances.

Since Yunho held her immobilised by cupping her cheeks, the only thing that Yuri could do was to avoid Yunho’s burning gaze. Yuri looked everywhere except Yunho’s eyes.

“Look at me, Yuri… I know this is new to you… But I want to assure you that I won’t harm you… I will let you have some time to adjust to my presence… I will wait for you… I will try to keep up my pace with you, never letting you to lag behind me or letting you to have the chance to slip away from me…” Yunho pressed a soft kiss to Yuri’s forehead. Yuri nearly melted by his touching speech. Her knees weakened and would have slipped to the ground if Yunho’s arm did not encircle her waist in time.

 “But… On a start… Can I call you by ‘baby Yul’…?” Yunho softly requested. Yuri could only nod her head as her brain had suddenly stopped functioning. “Then you shall call me by ‘Yunnie’… The whole world could then differentiate you from my two sisters… You are my girlfriend-to-be… Alright, baby Yul, try calling me by my nickname…”

Yuri could feel her face burning with shyness. But nonetheless, she tried to address Yunho by his unique nickname. “Yun… Yun… Yunnie…” Yuri pronounced with great difficulty and lowered her head. Yunho tilted her chin up and pressed his lips to hers…

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A rather short chappie, isn't it...? I'll update again later... ^^