~ Two ~

The Beautiful Exorcist

Jessica was drenched in cold sweat when she finally managed to wake up from the recurring nightmare that she had for days. She sat up in bed and panted heavily as if she had really been running away from the demon in her nightmare.

Jessica was feeling for the light switch when an ear-piercing scream broke through the silent night. “Krystal…?!” Jessica shouted in fear and got out of her room hurriedly. She jogged along the dark hallway towards her sister’s room.

Jessica’s hand trembled when she reached for the door knob. It was awfully freezing cold as if she was touching ice. But she made herself to twist open the door knob.

Jessica nearly backed out of the door in fright. A ‘lady’ dressed in a blood-red gown was dangling from the ceiling, staring furiously at the squirming Krystal beneath her. Her white hair was so long that it almost acted as a curtain, shielding Jessica’s view from her sister.

Krystal could barely scream. She huddled herself into a ball and was forced to watch the horrifying scene. Blood dripped from the hideous lady’s lope-sided grin. Maggots were trying to squeeze past her empty eye sockets. Krystal managed to shrill when some maggots dropped into her straight and silky hair. She shook her head and pulled at her hair violently, trying to get rid of the disgusting creatures.

Just as the demon was reaching for Krystal with her skeleton hands, Jessica took every ounce of courage and determination to hurl some holy water at her. The demon shrieked in pain and left through the window. She casted an outraged glares at the two sisters before vanishing into the clear night sky.

Jessica walked weakly towards Krystal and hugged her. The sisters sobbed uncontrollably and tried to seek comfort from each other. Their eldest brother had been on an overseas trip for the past few weeks, leaving the big mansion for them. Though they had bodyguards and maids in the house, it was a mystery of why they couldn’t hear their loud screams at night. Jessica took out a name card from her pocket and showed it to Krystal. They looked at each other before nodding in agreement.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this chapter does not sound too lame...