~ Ten ~

The Beautiful Exorcist

Hi, lovely chingus & supporters...

Today is the 6th month anniversary of me as an AFF member... Haha...

Hope you will 'enjoy' reading this chappie....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yunho was exhausted after a long day’s work. He opened the front door and stepped inside the warm house, loosening his tie along the way. Suddenly, the door slammed shut loudly.

Yunho was startled. He turned and walked towards the weird door. He tried twisting the door knob and realised it wouldn’t budge. “Sigh… Think I’ll call someone to look at it later…” Yunho murmured in frustration.

The house was surprisingly silent. There was not a sound to be heard. There were no clinks and clanks of pots and pans. No gushing sound of water from the tap. No indication of dinner preparation. TV was not on. No laughter of the three noisy girls. There was only deafening silence greeted Yunho. It was as if he was abandoned in the deserted house.

Yunho looked at the grandfather’s clock which had been standing in the living room for decades. Just then the clock struck twelve midnight. Every time when it chimed, it created a resounding echo in the large and empty living room.

“12 midnight…? It’s so late…? I don’t remember coming home that late…! Has the clock spoilt…?” Yunho mumbled to himself and glanced at his watch. Indeed, the time reflected was the same of the old grandfather’s clock. He looked out of the window and it was dark outside.

The clock finally finished striking twelve times and the house resumed its eerie silence again. Yunho felt his chest tightening in anxiety. A gush of chilly wind made him shivered. He looked around and realised that the front door remained closed and all the windows were shut. However, before he could think further, a bone-chilling scream slashed through the silent night.

Yunho quickly dashed up the stairs, two steps at a go, to the source of the bone-tingling scream. It was Jessica’s room.

Yunho twisted the door knob but it was locked. He banged on the door and shouted anxiously. “Sica…! Sica, are you alright…? Hurry up…! Open the door…! Sica…!”

Jessica’s high-pitched spine-tingling scream could be heard through the thick wooden door. Yunho could do nothing except kept charging and knocked onto the door with his body. However, his effort was fruitless as the door was resistant and remained tightly close. “Ah………….!” Jessica gave one final, long pained scream and it was silent.

Yunho felt himself being engulfed by the creepy silence. Beads of cold sweat formed on his forehead and some trickled down onto his drenched shirt. Yunho stretched his hands towards the door which had creaked open slightly.

He summoned his courage and pushed the door widely open in one smooth action. The vision before him was totally unexpected. Jessica’s lifeless body was being spread widely on the bed with plant veins holding tightly to her limbs to the bed posts. Her room was full of those living plant veins which were trying their best to crawl and occupy every single space of the room.

A large red and hideous flower drooped down from the ceiling, directly above Jessica’s face and hissed at the dead girl. Its forked tongue dripped saliva onto the poor girl’s shocked open eyes. Abruptly, it dived down, twisted Jessica’s stiff neck and swallowed her head in a swift motion.

Yunho was speechless at the horrifying scene. Tears rolled down his stunned face without realisation. Before he could recover from the shock, another nerve-jangling scream pierced through the dark hall.

He had no choice but to leave Jessica’s headless corpse in her horrifying room and ran towards Krystal’s room. Before he could reach the door knob, it swung opened unexpectedly; hitting Yunho on his forehead, making him squatted down in pain.

Yunho tried to blink back tears of pain and looked into the room. He received a second shock that night. Krystal was being locked in a gigantic tank which was exactly the size of her room. Gradually, water appeared out of nowhere and the water level slowly rose.

Krystal banged hysterically at the tank. She was too frightened to utter any words. Yunho, seeing the dangerous situation that his youngest sister was in, rushed to bang onto the tank with his golf club he had retrieved from his room.

However, the strong and sturdy tank gave no sign of breaking. The water level had now risen to Krystal’s neck and she had to tip-toed to breathe. Within seconds, the tank was full. Krystal clawed frantically at the tank and pleaded her brother for help.

A hideous looking lady appeared out of nowhere behind Krystal. The empty eye sockets stared menacingly at Yunho. She grinned toothlessly and hugged Krystal. The poor girl’s eyes widened in fright and before she could struggle, the lady’s hand had pierced through her abdomen, leaving Krystal to die instantly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well... I still don't think this is scary enough... I'll try better next time... :P