Chapter 8

A Beastly Enchanting

Yejin's POV:

Why is this party way too horrible? I keep crying. If Gikwang oppa sees me, he's going to be worried. So worried. I can't let him see me like this. I also can't tell him it's because of Dongwoon oppa....."Yejin." Doojoon oppa said. I was happy it was him and that it wasn't Gikwang oppa. Thank God. "What's wrong?"

"Everything. Everything's wrong." That  sounded emo.....but it's true. Nothing was right anymore.

"Want to tell me what happened, little G?" Little G? Sounded better than little Gikwang. He placed his hand on my shoulder. It made me feel better, in a way.

"Is it possible to just get jealous all of a sudden when you see your friend kiss somone else. Like his ex? But you don't even have feelings for this friend."

"Well....I wouldn't get jealous if I didn't have feelings for a person. So maybe you DO have feelings for your friend." Have feelings for my friend? No that's not possible.

"Is that so? Oh...okay then." I don't have feelings for Dongwoon oppa. I'm sure.

"Is this friend of yours named Dongwoon?" WHAT. How did he know?

"H-huh? Oppa, what are you saying?" I had to lie. I can't tell him who this friend is.

"Oh it's not him then? If it's not him it's Taemin, isn't it?" HUH HELL NO. Taemin doesn't even have an ex.

"Oppa! What are you talking about?" Seriously, what is he talking about?

"Nothing. Kekeke~ Gikwangiee is looking for you, by the way." He said, and pointed at Gikwang oppa. Gikwang oppa waved. I walked across the room towards him. He was with someone....she looks really familiar.

"Yejin!!!!" it was Nicole unnie! I can't believe I didn't recognize her.

"Nicole unnie!" I said and gave her a tight hug.

"It's good to see you again. By the way, where's Dongwooniee? Isn't he supposed to be with you?" Supposed to be with me? What is she talking about?

"No we're not supposed to be together." it sounded wrong. I mean not wrong wrong, it just sounded weird.

"Oh. Well I just thought he was gonna be with you." She shrugged, and hugged me again. "I really missed you, twin."

"Me too, twin!" Yes we call each other twin 'cause we both had the same hairstyle since ever. And we sort of looked alike. In a way. "You've been busy lately."

"True. But you've been locked up in your room for so long." That was true too. "So does this mean you've moved on?"

"I think so. I mean not completely, but sort of."

"That's good. You deserve someone better than that. Have you found anyone?" Found anyone? Of course not. I've been locked up in my room for so long to find someone.

"Of course not, unnie. Forever alone."

"Well that's weird...I thought he told you already...." Huh? Who's he?

"What?"

"Oh huh? What? Nothing. I said nothing." Nicole unnie said. I bet she didn't realize what she just told me.

 

I spent most of my time in the party with Nicole unnie. I don't really know how long we've been talking but it was already 12am. And there weren't alot of people anymore. I haven't seen Dongwoon oppa around....or Jonghyun oppa, or Taemin. SHINee oppas probably went home already. I felt a little sad that I wasn't able to say goodbye to Taemin. I'm going to have to meet up with him again soon. "Yejin, I'm gonna bring you home now." I heard Gikwang tell me.

"Okay, oppa." I said. I was really tired already. My eyes were so puffy from crying, I had to sleep.

But right before getting in the B2ST van I heard Dongwoon oppa. "Gikwang hyung, can I ride home with you? The other hyungs said they're going home later, but I'm really tired already." I was praying that Gikwang oppa would say no.

"Okay, Dongwooniee." Gikwang oppa said. OH DAMN.

 

I really didn't wanna be in the same place with Dongwoon oppa right now. I can't look at him without feeling this pain in my chest. I hope I wouldn't be sitting next to him in the van. I stayed on the same seat I sat on earlier. I hope we won't follow the same seat plan. Dongwoon oppa came in and he sat next to me. Why must he torture me right now? I wish Gikwang oppa was the first one who got in, instead of him. But it doesn't matter right now. I was too tired to be mad at him.

 

I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and I realized I fell asleep. My head was on Dongwoon oppa's shoulder and I saw him looking at me. I wish I hadn't fallen asleep on his shoulder. "Yejin-ah, wake up. We're here already." he said. I sat down properly and looked around. Yes, I was home and it was snowing really hard. "Gikwang hyung told me to bring you up to your room." Ugh, thanks alot oppa.

"Okay....why can't he be the one to bring me up instead?" I know I offended him. I saw the look on his face.

"Oh, uhm, he said he was too tired to go up. He's alseep on the backseat." He pointed at the back, and I heard snoring. Aish, fine. "So what floor are you again?"

"17th floor..." I yawned. Dongwoon oppa took off his jacket and placed it on me. "Yah oppa, what are you doing?"

"If you haven't noticed, it's snowing hard outside. I don't want you to catch a cold, Gikwang hyung would get mad at me if you get sick." Dongwoon oppa said. Okay fine....

 

When we got in my building, I took off his jacket and gave it back to him. But it was so cold, I started to shiver. He placed the jacket on me again. "Just wear that for now. It's really cold." He led me to the elevator and pressed on the number 17. We stood there in awkward silence. Dongwoon oppa started to whistle.

"Stop doing that." I told him.

"Why? Am I annoying you?" He said, obviously teasing me.

"No you aren't! That just might bring us badluck or something..." What am I even saying?

"Badluck? Like what? The elevator getting stuck?" The elevator lights started to dim and the elevator stopped. I lost my balance and I almost fell. But my eyes widened when I felt a pair of arms around me. Holding my shoulder and waist. It was Dongwoon oppa.

 

Dongwoon's POV:

Of course I had to catch her! She might fall and break her neck, arm or leg. I wouldn't let that happened. I looked at her and I saw the shock on her face. I wanted to laugh and smile at how cute she looked right now. "Oppa....." I heard her say.

"Yes?"

"You can let go of me now......" I felt embarrassed. How long have we been like that? Could she see that I was looking at her?

"Oh sorry..." I said, letting go of her. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine." She replied. "Thanks oppa...."

"Sure thing. No problem." I smiled and nodded. Could she even see me? I don't think she can.

"I told  you, you were gonna give us badluck." She said. I could tell she was sticking her tongue out. She sat down on the cold elevator floor and leaned against the cold walls. "How long do you think we'll be stuck in here?"

I moved to her side and sat down right next to her. "I don't know. 10 mintues? 15 minutes? 30 minutes? An hour? Maybe even forever...."

"Oppa don't say that. You're scaring me. I have a fear of being stuck on elevators...."

"I was kidding. They'll find us eventually...and don't worry, we're stuck together on here. You don't have to be afraid." I smiled at her. I hope she could see me. I checked my phone and I received a text from Gikwang hyung asking if I was able to get Yejin to her room. I texted him back saying we're stuck on the elevator. Just right after I sent the message, my cellphone died. I forgot to charge. "AISH."

"What's wrong, oppa?"

"My phone...it died. By any chance did you bring your phone with you?" I hope she says yes. Please say yes.

"Sorry oppa, my phone's broken. I had it fixed yesterday and I'll be getting it back tomorrow or something." We're doomed.

 

I don't know how long we've been sitting in silence, but I could see that Yejin was falling asleep again. Why is she always sleepy? I slowly and gently placed her head on my shoulder. She was murmuring something. I could barely understand. She's sleep talking. How cute. I listend carefully to what she was saying. "Dongwoon oppa..." She was saying my name. MY NAME! I felt my heart beat quicken. I was so happy right now. This must be a sign that she's going to choose me over Taemin.