Chapter 6

A Beastly Enchanting

Gikwang's POV:

Seeing Yejin that way made me feel really sad. I don't even know why she looked like that. Did she have feelings for Dongwoon? I don't really know....but if she reacted that way, then maybe she does. Dongwoon and I looked for her everywhere. I knew she didn't want to see Dongwoon right now. Not after seeing him kiss some girl. "Dongwooniee, why don't you go over there and look for her?"

"Okay, hyung." Dongwoon replied. I know where to find my sister. The rooftop.

 

I was wandering alone trying to find Yejin. Looking around for wherever the hell the rooftop was. I saw Hyuna. I went to her. "Hyuna. Why did you do that?"

"Do what, oppa?" She said, trying to act all innocent, fluttering her eyelids.

"You know what you did. You kissed Dongwooniee. Why did you do that?" As much as I wanted to hit her, I couldn't. If only she was a guy....

"Is there something wrong with that? Are you jealous?" She said, moving closer. "Do you want me to kiss you too, oppa?" WHAT OF COURSE NOT.

"Kiss you? I'd rather die. Now tell me, why did you do that?"

"Because he looked so good tonight...so do you, oppa." She said, biting her lip. I really wanted to punch her face. But instead of doing that, I walked away from her before I couldn't take it anymore. Then I saw Yejin, with Taeminniee.

"Oppa!" I heard Yejin call me.

I went to her and I hope she was okay now. "Yejin-ah, are you okay? Hello Taemin, good to see you." Taemin nodded at me.

"Okay? Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be okay?" She was lying. I know when she isn't okay. After all, I am her older brother. Oh well, I'll just go with the flow.

"Nothing. Just wanted to check on you. The party's getting really crowded, so I wanted to make sure. Okay, enjoy the party. Taeminiee, make sure nothing bad happens to her."

"Okay hyung." He said with a thumbs up.

 

Yejin's POV:

"I'm gonna go get us a drink, okay? Stay here." Taemin said, leaving me alone. As usual. I'm always alone.

 

Why would Gikwang oppa ask if I was okay? Did he see me when I saw Dongwoon oppa kiss Hyuna unnie? No, that can't be. He was busy dancing with Hara unnie that time. He couldn't have seen me. "YEEEEEJIN!" I turned around to see who it was. It was Yoseob oppa.

"YOSEOB OPPA!" I said, giving him a hug. "Happy birthday!"

"Thank you, Yejin-ah! I missed you so so so so much." He said, jumping up and down. I can't believe he's 22. He acts like a 7 year old.

"So do I, oppa!"

"So are you enjoying the party, little Gikwangiee?" ugh there we go again with the little Gikwang thing. Aish.

"Yes, I am." I lied. I wasn't enjoying it at all.

"I'm glad you are! Anyway, I have to check on the others. See you, little Gikwang" And now I'm alone all over again. I looked for an empty seat, somewhere away from the people. I didn't wanna see Dongwoon oppa or Jonghyun oppa at the moment.

"Yejin...." I looked up, it was Dongwoon oppa. Great, speak of the devil.

"Oh. Hi oppa..." this is awkward. I looked away. I wanted to pull his hair. I was so pissed at him.

"You didn't come back....I thought you would. You said you were only gonna get a drink."

"Oh sorry about that." And I thought you would wait for me, not kiss some other girl.

"Why didn't you come back?" He asked. I know he could sense that I was pissed at him.

"Because...." I didn't wanna say I saw him kissing Hyuna unnie.

"Yejin, I'm back!" I saw Taemin. Oh thank God. The second time he has saved me today. "Oh hi Dongwoon hyung."

"Oh, you're spending time with Taemin?" Dongwoon oppa's face fell. Good.

"Yes."

"Oh okay....I'm going....over there...." Dongwoon oppa said. Walking away. He loooked back, and I was still looking at him. He stopped for a moment, then turned the other way.

"What was that all about?" Taemin said. Well, I don't know either.

 

Dongwoon's POV:

So she's hanging out with Taemin now? I thought I was gonna hang out with her the whole party? If Hyuna didn't ruin this whole night for me and Yejin, I could've told her how I felt about her. I hate this so much. What if Taemin has feelings for her too? What if he tells her he likes her? Well that's impossible. If he had feelings for her, he wouldn't have set her up with Jonghyun right? So he probably doesn't. Okay, that's good to know. I still have a chance.

"Dongwooniee.." it was Junhyung hyung.

"Yes hyung?"

"Have you seen Yoseob? I haven't seen him." He said.

"I saw him awhile ago, talking to...I don't really know. Over there by the buffet." I said, pointing at the table full of food.

"Okay, thanks Dongwoon." Junhyung hyung said, patting my shoulder.

 

I looked around, not knowing what to do or who to be with. I wanted to check on Yejin again, but she would probably tell me to leave when she sees me. But oh well, I could watch from a far. So I went back to check on her. She looked really happy. She kept smiling and laughing. Wow, Taemin made her really happy. I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest. That should've been me. Sitting right next to her, making her happy, making her laugh like that. How can I be such an at times? If I wanted her to know I like her, I could just tell her, right? So I'm going to tell her right now. Even if Taemin is there to hear every single thing I say, I don't care. All that matters is that she knows how I feel. I was walking towards them right now. I felt adrenaline in me. Before I could reach her, I felt someone taking hold of my shoulder. "Dongwoon." I turned around to see who it was. I'm tired of these surprises. Always runing the moment. It was Key.

"Oh Key...it's you." I said, letting out a sigh.

"What's up with you? You look like you were going to....well I don't realy know. But whatever it is you were about to do, looks like something serious."

"It is something serious. Or at least it was. You ruined the moment." I said, half joking and half serious.

"The moment? What is it exactly you were about to do?" He asked, obviously if I didn't tell him, he wouldn't stop asking about it. He was one of my closest friends after all. I had to tell him anyway.

"I was about to tell Yejin how I felt about her." I said. Key's eyes widened. He looked really shock.

"You were?!?!"

"Yah, why are you so shocked?! You know how much I like her!" I said, punching his shoulder lightly.

"Because....Taeminiee was about to do the same."

 

WHAT. TAEMIN HAS FEELINGS FOR HER?!?!?! Is this a joke? I can't believe it. He can't have feelings for her. I wouldn't allow it. And how is that possible? Oh wait, it is possible. Who wouldn't have feelings for a girl like her? She's pretty, she's smart, she's talented. She's perfect. But how could Taemin like her? I won't allow him to tell her before I do. He's one step ahead of me now. I started running towards them, and I heard Key say "YAH DONGWOON, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"I can't let him tell her before I do!" I said, so loudly that people started to stare.

 

Yejin's POV:

After Dongwoon oppa left us, I felt relieved. I was so happy he was gone. And spending time with my bestfriend is what I needed. Taemin really knew how to make me laugh and smile so hard. It makes me realize how much I've missed him. I've never been this happy since Jonghyun oppa broke up with me. This was a miracle. "Yejin-ah..." Taemin said.

"Yes, Taeminiee?"

"I have something to tell you....it's really important." He looked serious. Oh no, what's this all about? Did his dog die? Is his dog even still alive? Wow, I'm such a bad friend.

"Go ahead...."

"I wanted to tell you this a long time ago, but I never had the chance to." Taemin sad, rubbing his hands together. "I really really--"

"YEJIN-AH!" Dongwoon oppa shouted from across the room, cutting Taeming off. What now?

"What the...." Taemin said.

"Yejin-ah! Yejin-ah!" Dongwoon oppa said. Wtf is wrong with him?

"WHAT? WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I said. I was really really mad at him now.

"I just wanted to...."

"To what?" I said really harshly. "To check if I'm okay? Yes, oppa, I'm okay. Now please go."

"I was about to tell her something really important, Dongwoon hyung..." Taemin said.

"No, I didn't want to check if you're okay. I just wanted to....." I could tell he was lost for words. I stood up and grabbed him by the arm, I told Taemin I was gonna come back and that I would just talk to Dongwoon oppa for a sec.

 

Taemin's POV:

Great. Dongwoon hyung ruined the moment. Now I'm left here, all alone. For the first time, I felt brave enough to tell her and he ruined it for me. I won't be able to tell her again. Maybe another time. I know Dongwoon hyung likes her too. He likes her as much as I do. Well he was too late. Yejin sort of liked him...or maybe just a little tiny bit, but he didn't pay any attention to her. Instead he went out with Hyuna. I know she wouldn't like to date me because she only sees me as a friend. Like a brother or something. That's why I set her up with Jonghyun hyung. But he was such a jerk to her! Now this is my chance. I can't let it go anymore. I can't let Dongwoon hyung get to her before I do.