Chapter 3

A Beastly Enchanting

Dongwoon's POV:

What was wrong with Yejin? Maybe it's been a long time since she has seen me, she's probably not used to it anymore. But when she heard my voice, I saw her stiffen. And when I touched her shoulders, her eyes widened. Yeah, she's not used to it. That's all. But I thought I saw her blush...or her cheeks are naturally pink. Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me again...

"Dongwooniee...." it was Gikwang hyung. He's probably wondering where Yejin was.

"Oh, hyung. It's you."

"Where's Yejin? I haven't seen her around..." Knew it.

"She's in the dining room. We were just setting up the table and I was about to get her a glass of water." I moved forward, but Gikwang hyung stopped me.

"Glass of water? Why? Is she okay? Did something happen to her? Did she faint?" Gikwang hyung said, looking really worried. He should really stop worrying too much,

"Hyung, it's just a glass of water, there's nothing wrong with that. And nothing happened to her"

"Okay....good. I just worry about her you know? She's been acting differently ever since that broke up with her and it's been months now." he sighed and I saw relief on his face. So she's not yet over him? It's been 9 months...that's enough time to move on. And they've only been together for 5 months, that's not like a year or something. She must have really loved him. I can't believe he broke her heart. What was on his mind when he broke up with her? How could he let someone so perfect go?

"Oh....okay" I said hoping the bitterness in my voice can't be heard.

"Why are you like this? Stop acting like that. Stop pretending like you don't care about her anymore!" Gikwang hyung said, sounding really mad.

"I still care about her. I just stopped showing it." I waited for Gikwang hyung to answer back. When he didn't I placed a foot forward and started walking slowly to the kitchen.

"Dongwoon...." I turned back to look at him. "I know this has also been hard for you. I know how much you love her and I know how much pain it has caused you, knowing she chose someone else. It wasn't her fault. She wasn't aware of it. Maybe if you acted a little faster....maybe if you showed her that you like her more than just a friend....you would end up together." Gikwang hyung said. It surprised me. That was true. I was too slow. I looked at hyung, his eyes were full of concern. He cares so much about his little sister. "I just want her to be happy again. I hate seeing her like this. Being her older brother, I should protect her from guys like these. But I wasn't able to....Listen, I want you, to make her happy again. This is your chance. Your chance to be with her. If she doesn't fall for you, you could always be her friend"

 

Silence. I really didn't know what to say. Gikwang hyung, Yejin's brother, was allowing me to date his sister. He wants me to date her....he never told me that. I never expected him to. On the other hand, if she doesn't fall far me, we'll remain as friends. Just friends. Nothing more. But we've been friends since I was a trainee. It's painful to see her love someone else. Someone who isn't me. But Maybe that's all I'll ever be to her. Just a friend.

 

"Hyung, I...." I don't know what to say

"Just go get her some water, like you said you will. She's probably waiting for you" Gikwang hyung said, turned around and went to the living room.

 

"Sorry I took so long. Here you go!" I said, smiling at her and handing her the glass of water. Our fingers touched.

"Thanks oppa!" She said, smiling back at me. That smile of hers is killing me. I felt my cheeks blushing. "Oppa, why don't you sit down with me." She pointed at the chair right next to her. Of course, I immediately sat down.

"So....Yejin, how have you been?" I asked.

"I'm good....How about you, oppa?"

"I missed you, Yejin! We haven't talked in a really long time....do you hate me? You don't wanna be my friend anymore?" I said jokingly.

"Of course I missed you, oppa!" I felt the beat of my heart quicken. "It's my fault. I should've called, texted or visited you! But I didn't. I just needed time to move on. I'm not completely over him yet, but I'm trying." My heart sank. She's not completely over him? Aish.

"That's okay, Yejin. I don't blame you at all. Moving on really takes time, I understand. Just promise me you'll stay in touch again, okay? I can't risk losing our friendship"

"I promise." She said. "Pinky promise." she placed her pinky out and I locked my pinky with hers. Just like we used to.