Chapter 7

A Beastly Enchanting

Dongwoon's POV:

Just right on time. I felt really happy I was able to stop Taemin from confessing his feelings to her. Great, now I have competition. "DONGWOON OPPA, ARE YOU DRUNK?" Yejin said interrupting my thoughts. She was holding my wrists too hard, it actually hurts.

"No, I'm not drunk. Are you?" I asked. I wanted to annoy her for some weird reason. HAHAHA.

"No of course I'm not! What the hell is wrong with you?" She said, shaking my wrists. She looks pretty when she's mad.

"What's wrong with me? Shouldn't I be asking the same thing?" I asked her, raising my eyebrow. I know she doesn't know how to do it and I know she's secretly jealous that I can.

"What are you talking about?!?! And don't  raise your eyebrow!" She was talking so loudly, my ears started to hurt.

"What am I talking about? You left me and you didn't come back!"

"I left you? I think it's the other way around. You left me." I could see the tears in her eyes. She must be really mad at me. Crap, I'm dead meat. Gikwang hyung would kill me if he found out I made her cry.

"WHAT!! I waited for you the whole entire time!"

"YOU KISSED HYUNA UNNIE! DO YOU THINK I'M GOING TO GO BACK TO YOU? NO I WOULDN'T. I'D LEAVE YOU THERE TO MAKE OUT WITH HER!" Now she was starting to cry.

"I DIDN'T KISS HER, SHE KISSED ME!!!! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE HER!" It's true, I do hate her. I used to like her, but that all changed.

"YOU CHOSE HER OVER ME!" She said. Covering with her hands. I was shocked by what she just said. I chose Hyuna over her? When did that happen? When did she ever lhad feelings for me?

"What?"

 

Yejin's POV:

It was too late. The words slipped out of my mouth...I couldn't take it back anymore. "What?" Dongwoon oppa repeated again. I didn't answer him. I didn't know what I should say next. "I chose her over you? Tell me, when did that ever happen?"

"I......" I'm speechless. I don't know what I was gonna say or how I was going to explain myself.

"You what?"

"I used to like you, oppa. Not a lot though, just a little tiny bit. But then I realized that...that we could only remain as friends. When you chose Hyuna unnie...I told you she's just going to hurt you. You said she isn't. You said she loved you. You didn't believe me..."

 

*flashback*

"Don't you just think Hyuna's so pretty? She's so...so everything!" Dongwoon said.

"Do you love her, oppa?" Yejin asked. The look on her face was full of curiousity.

"Of course I love her! I love her so so much!" Dongwoon said, putting his hands on his heart.

"Do you think she loves you?" Yejin asked, biting her lip.

Dongwoon's hands dropped from his chest. "What? Why would ask that?"

"I.....it's just that, it's like she doesn't. The way she looks at you, that's not what you call love. She's only using you. She doesn't really love you, oppa. I can feel it. Trust me." Yejin said.

"Yejin, how could you say that? Do you expect me to believe you? Because I don't. I can tell that she really loves me. You're just too young to understand what love is. I don't expect you to understand." Dongwoon said. The words taking Yejin by surprise.

"Oppa, I'm just 2 years younger than you and I do understand. Why don't you believe me? I can see it in her eyes! She doesn't have feelings for you!" Yejin said.

"You don't know what love is, Yejin. It's not what you think it is. It's different. You never had a boyfriend. How could you understand? Just....just leave my relationship with Hyuna alone, and don't try to destroy it."

*end of flashback*

 

Dongwoon's POV:

She had feelings for me when I dated Hyuna? How is that possible....but it's true, I didn't believe her. I should have. "You had feelings for me?" I asked her.

"Yes...only a little. It didn't last long. Like I said, we could only remain as friends....anyway, I need to get back to Taemin. Go back to Hyuna and make out or something. Have fun." Yejin said pushing me lightly.

 

She had feelings for me.....only a little. How could I not see it? We could only remain as friends? Is that for real? I felt like I was going to cry. But I'm a guy, I shouldn't do that. But it's different when someone breaks your heart. It gives you a reason to cry. It really does.

 

Yejin's POV:

I felt hot tears streaming down my face. I must have been really mad at Dongwoon oppa. I should get back to Taemin, I'm sure he's going to cheer me up. "Finally! Yejin....you okay?" Taemin asked.

"I'm fine.....anyway, what is it? The one you were about to tell me?" I asked him. Trying to raise my eyebrow. I must have looked weird trying to do it.

"Oh...yeah. Mmm, I wanted to tell you that I really really-"

"Yejin, come over here!" Gikwang oppa said. I heard Taemin make a sound. He was interrupted again.

"Sorry Taemin. Maybe you can tell me another time? So so sorry!" I said.

 

Taemin's POV:

INTERRUPTED AGAIN?!?! I guess today isn't the day. Oh well, I'll be able to tell her another day. I wonder what Dongwoon hyung told her to make her cry like that? By any chance did he confess his love for her? That can't be. She wouldn't cry like that. Unless she told Dongwoon hyung that she likes him and Dongwoon hyung told her he didn't like her? No that also can't be. Dongwoon hyung likes her and he has more chances than I do. He does because Yejin had a little feeling for him back then. But what if Dongwoon hyung did tell her? What about me? "Taemin...." I looked around for the voice. "Taemin, have you seen Yejin?" It's Dongwoon hyung.

"She went to Gikwang hyung."

"Okay thanks.." Dongwoon hyung said.

"Wait, hyung."

"What is it?" He sounded....hurt. So maybe he did confess his love for her and got rejected. SCORE.

"You like Yejin, don't you?" I saw his eyes widened. "And don't lie to me. I can tell you do."

"So what if I do? You like her too. I can also tell." How did he know?

"I'm going to win her heart." I said confidently.

"Not before I do. She'll fall for me, Taemin. You're only a friend to her." He said threateningly. Just a friend?

"So are you, hyung. You don't know half the things she tells me." I saw his mouth twitch a little.

"Okay then, may the best man win." Dongwoon hyung said, walking away.

 

I really do hope I win her heart. I have to. I've waited for so long already. This time, she will be mine.

 

Dongwoon's POV:

"You don't know half the things she tells me" Taemin's words were stuck in my head. It's true I don't. He's closer to her. They're bestfriends. Yejin and I, we're not bestfriends. We're just close friends. It's different. I can't let a little boy win her heart. It has to be me. If she liked me once, I can make her like me again. Besides, she's Gikwang hyung's sister, I spend everyday with him. I'm one step ahead. I'm going to win this. She's gonna fall for me. It has to be me.

 

----

So who do you think Yejin will fall for? Taemin or Dongwoon?