Chapter 17

A Beastly Enchanting

 

Dongwoon's POV:
 
I called Nicole yesterday and told her about my awesome plan. She gladly agreed to help me. But now I'm going to have to check on Yejin. Like what Gikwang hyung said, I have to be there everyday. This time he didn't come with me. He had some filming to do. So it's just me and Yejin. I was honestly nervous for today. It's just gonna be me and her all alone. It scared me, in a way. What if I say something stupid or embarrassing? Or what if the atmosphere turns into something really really awkward. Okay, I should stay calm. Just think positive. I knocked on her door and now my hands were really sweaty. Ugh. It was 1pm, I had to stay until 6pm. 5 hours won't be that bad, right? I do want this anyway...."Hi oppa, come in."
 
"Uh, hi." I said, waving at her. She was sitting on the couch watching TV. She looked up at me, waved and smiled. "Have you eaten?"
 
"Honestly, no. And I'm starving." She said, rubbing her stomach. Aigoo, how cute.
 
"Do you want me to cook or..." I said, trailing off.
 
"Let's just take out or something. That way we don't need to wash the dishes and we can just throw the trash away." She said, grabbing the phone from the table next to her. "What do you want?"
 
"Mmm...anything you want is good."
 
"You know what I want? Ice cream. That's all I want." Ice cream? She seems to be too addicted to ice cream. I just smiled at what she said. I find it cute. Seriously.
 
 
 
We ended up ordering Mcdonalds. She said it was her favorite. Well, who doesn't love it? After eating, I cleaned up for the both of us. I found it cool that we (as in B2ST) were on a break and she broke her leg and now I have to take care of her for a month. This is like a sign or something.  Seems like it's destiny. Or I'm just making things up.
 
 
 
I joined her on the couch again and we sat there in silence. It was awkward. Or weird. I opened my mouth, thinking of what to say. But nothing came out and I obviously didn't know what to say. This seemed like the longest minute of my life. I knew she was looking at me, probably thinking of how stupid I looked. "Umm..." Finally, a sound came out.
 
"Hmm?" She said. Ugh, this is so awkward.
 
"Uhh....." I really couldn't think of anything to say.
 
"Oppa, let's just play a game." She said. "I know how obviously bored we are and how this is getting awkward so let's play a game."
 
"Okay, what game?" I said.
 
"Truth or Dare?" She said, laughing. "Sorry, I know it's a girl game. I just don't know what to do or what to think of...."
 
"Okay, Truth or Dare." I said, laughing with her. "But just so you know, I never pick Dare."
 
"I never pick Dare too. NEVER EVER."
 
"So I guess the game will just be Truth, then."
 
"Haha, okay. But there has to be rules, oppa."
 
"Okay, what?" I honestly can't wait to play this game.
 
"You always have to tell the Truth. No lying, okay?"
 
"Promise." I said. "Pinky promise." We locked pinkies together.
 
"Okay, let's do Rock, Paper, Scissors. The winner gets to ask the first question."
 
"How many points? 3?" I said, I hope I get to be the first one to ask the question. But it won't be anywhere related to love or liking someone. Maybe someday, but not now.
 
"No, 1." She said. "Rock, Paper, Scissors." She chose rock, while I chose paper. I guess I won. "Okay, 3 points. Let's go with 3 points!"
 
"Nooooo. You said, 1 point." I said, sticking my tongue out. She slapped me, but softly.
 
"Fine. Game on." She had her bring it on face and I smirked.
 
"Mmmm....what was the most disgusting thing that has ever happened to you?" This was a typical question. And I liked this game. Now I can get to know her alot more.
 
"Most disgusting?" She repeated. "Can I pass?"
 
"No, absolutely not! If you won't tell me the Truth, there will be a consequence."
 
"But I thought the only rule was to tell the Truth." She said, crossing her arms, but she wasn't mad. "There wasn't a 'you're not allowed to say pass' or a 'there's a consequence when you don't tell the truth' rule!"
 
"Now there is." I said. "So are you gonna tell me or consequence?"
 
"Ugh fine...." She said. "The most disgusting thing that happened to me was.......I don't think you want to know."
 
"C'mon, tell me!"
 
"I swear it really is disgusting..."
 
"I can take it. Bring it on."
 
"Okay. The most disgusting thing that ever happened to me was back in my grade school days. My seatmate was sick and she was really dizzy. She turned to me and she really looked green. I thought she was about to say something when she opened , but instead of words puke came out. So she puked on my uniform."
 
"THAT IS DISGUSTING."
 
"Wait it's not yet done!" What the hell? There was more? "So she stood up and she puked again....on me. On my head. So I was covered in puke that day."
 
"Oh God, that is...I can't even......" That was too disgusting. I felt like puking at the moment.
 
"I told you....." She said, with a disgusted expression on her face. Well it really was disgusting. Too disgusting.
 
 
 
Yejin's POV:
 
Honestly, I wasn't comfortable with telling Dongwoon oppa these things. I mean, we weren't that close yet. Well we are close, but he doesn't know everything about me. He doesn't even know alot. But a small voice on the back of my head told me that it was okay to trust him. And that way he would trust me too, and we would become close friends. Or even more. "Okay, my turn oppa."
 
"Okay, shoot." He said. I had tons of questions in my head. I wanted to ask him who he dedicated the song to, who he liked. But it didn't feel like the right time. So I had to go with an easy question.
 
"Have you ever had a crush on a fan?" Okay, that was a pretty stupid question.
 
"Crush on a fan? No." He said. I felt like this was a lie.
 
"Tell me the truth please."
 
"I am! I never had a crush on a fan. But I find some fans pretty, that's pretty much it. Nothing more than that."
 
"Have you ever considered dating a fan?"
 
"You can ask 2 questions at a time?" He said.
 
"Just answer it."
 
"No. I mean, it's okay. But you know, no."
 
 
 
The game went on and on and on. I had gotten to know Dongwoon oppa alot. I now know that he hated those crazy fangirls who would bang on the car window or wait outside the building and stalk him around, he loves animals (especially dogs), he loves sweets, he's a mommy's boy and his bad habit is taking too much selcas of himself. I actually like this game, but only when it was my turn to ask. Everytime it's his turn to ask, I get really nervous. I didn't want him to ask something like "Who do you like right now?" or "If you could be with anyone who would it be?", you know those questions. Because there was only one answer to those. It was him.
 
 
 
Time really does fly when you're having fun. I checked the clock and it was already 7pm. Dongwoon oppa was only "required" to stay with me until 6pm. But this game was so fun, we lost track of time. I brought Dongwoon oppa to the door. I felt sad that he was gonna leave. I don't really talk to people about myself. I'd rather keep my personal life just to myself. And my really really close friends. I happen to have said alot to Dongwoon oppa. But it felt good. It felt right. "I'll be back tomorrow, okay Yejin? Same time." Dongwoon oppa said.
 
"Okay." I said. "Honestly, I had fun today. I kinda like this game."
 
"So do I!" He said, smiling. "But, this game is evil. Diabolical."
 
"True."
 
"Okay, bye Yejin. See you tomorrow!" He said, waving and shut the door.
 
 
 
Now I'm left all alone again. It really felt good to talk to someone again. I mean I've shut myself in my room for about 9 months, not talking to anyone. I let out a sigh. Relieved that nothing went wrong with Dongwoon oppa today. Sure it started out awkward, but it ended well. It was really weird, the way I feel about Dongwoon oppa. I honestly don't think I like him like him. I mean I do like him, but I don't really know. Sure I think about him alot and he makes my heart beat way too fast and there are always butterflies in my stomach whenever he's around. Well, he is after all my "perfect guy" and sure sometimes I fantasize about him being my boyfriend. Oh . I do like him like him. I felt so confused right now. I had to tell someone or I'd explode. I called Nicole unnie. She's my twin after all, and well she's a girl. "Hello?"
 
"Nicole unnie!"
 
"Yejin-ah!" Nicole unnie said
 
"Unnie, I have to tell you something."
 
"Okay, go." I ended up telling her every single thing. Actually not every single thing, just the parts when Dongwoon oppa came into my life. Haha. I told her about how I realized that I do like him like him and the game we played awhile ago. She wasn't saying anything, but I knew she was listening. Taking in every word I say.
 
"Oooh, Yejin's in love." She said, after my loooong story.
 
"In love? No I am not! It's just a crush."
 
"Riiight." She said. "Wait hold on, I'm getting another call."
 
"Okay."
 
"Oh Dongwoon, hi!" Dongwoon????
 
"Um, nope. Still me."
 
"Oh sorry. Haha."
 
 
 
Dongwoon oppa was calling Nicole unnie right at this moment? I just realized something. What if Nicole unnie was "the girl"?? It fit perfectly. They were friends and I knew her very well. Holy crap. It can't be. But she doesn't like him that way? I know Nicole unnie. She would have told me if she liked Dongwoon oppa....but she probably won't tell me anymore since I told her I had a crush on him. She would've thought I was stealing him, if ever. I felt a pain in my chest. This has been a totally familiar feeling already. I've felt it almost everyday last time and I felt it when I saw Hyuna unnie and Dongwoon kiss and I also felt it when I found out Dongwoon oppa liked another girl. Now I'm feeling it again. The heart break. How can a day that started so great end up so badly? God must've been punishing me. "Hello?? Yejin?? You still there?"
 
I didn't feel like talking anymore. I felt hurt and betrayed. But I wasn't sure if she was "the girl" but still. I didn't want to talk. "Uh, yeah."
 
"Oh good! So where were we?"
 
I did a fake yawn, hoping she could hear it from the phone "Unnie, I'm really sleepy now. Maybe tomorrow, okay?"
 
"NOOO! You're going to leave me hanging here? I want to know what else you did for today!"
 
I wanted to say, why don't you ask Dongwoon oppa, he would probably tell you. But instead I said "Sorry unnie. I'm really tired. Tomorrow."
 
"Promise?"
 
"Promise." I disconnected the call.
 
 
 
No, I wouldn't talk to her tomorrow. Or maybe I will. I don't know. I mean, she can't like him without telling me. She always told me who she liked. Even in my 9 months of depression, she would e-mail me, telling me everything. But what if this time, it's different? No, it's not. Who am I kidding. Nicole unnie would always tell me. Yeah. She couldn't like Dongwoon oppa, right? I mean they're practically brother and sister now. Well not really, but they're that close. So yeah. I probably shouldn't be jealous or hurt about it. Nicole unnie wouldn't like Dongwoon oppa back. She couldn't.