His Story

A twist of love and fate

Hyerin looked up and to her surprised, it was Yesung. He was glaring at Yemin. I heaved a sign of relief.

 

“Ahh Yesungie oppa, why are you helping her? Don’t you even know me?” Yemin started to aeygo; pout with puppy eyes.

 

Yesung glanced at Yemin again. “Get off me. You jolly well know my character. I say this is enough. You and Kyuhyun relationship is history. Stay away from Hyerin.” Yesung’s death glare was enough to send shivers down Yemin’s spine.

 

Yemin started at me angrily and stomped off with her girlfriends. “Another Kai, oh no.” Hyerin commented.

 

Yesung helped me up and lamented “This won’t do, let me call Kyuhyun and the others.”

 

I immediately grabbed Yesung’s phone and told him “Oppa no. I don’t want to make him worry. It is good enough you’re here. I’m really fine.”

 

Yesung gave in to me and sighed “Okay then, let’s get your wounds treated first. Another new injury.”

 

Yesung brought me to a nearby convenience and got me antiseptic and plasters. I was surprised how caring and protective Yesung was.

 

“Oppa…” Hyerin began to stutter. “Yeah, anything?” Yesung replied. “Oppa, this is so unlike you. Gomawoyo for saving me. I have always thought you care for me the least. Why did you save me? You should have just left and save the trouble.”

 

Yesung began to sigh and after a while he continued, “Because you gave me the impression of my deceased sister, Jongmi. I am to be blamed for her death.”

 

Hyerin was shocked. She did not know Yesung had another side of his story. “And what happened?” I asked him.

 

Yesung continues with eyes full of sadness. “I was a bad brother. We were very close since young. Until she grows up and had a boyfriend, Taecyeon. He was like a gangster and I could see he was only making use of Jongmi. However she refused to listen to me and believe he really loves her. I was always lashing out at her and our relationship got strained. Until one night, Jongmi got drunk and also got high on drugs, Taecyeon her. From that time onwards, Jongmi could not accept the truth and shut herself up. And finally she committed suicide. It was all my fault. If only I realized it. If only I talked to her nicely and protected her. Nothing would have happened. From that day onwards, my character changed.” Yesung started to tear.

 

“Kwaenchanayo oppa. This is all an accident. I’m sure Jongmi doesn’t want to feel blamed. She must have already forgiven you.” Hyerin assured and consoled Yesung.

 

“I can’t help it. Each time I think of her, I simply can’t accept she’s gone. That’s why when I saw how you were bullied by Kai, I was worried. And now Yemin. You have Kyuhyun but I just have the urge to protect you.” Yesung replied. “I haven’t told the boys about this incident. You’re the first to know. Keep it a secret ok?” Yesung looked at Hyerin.

 

“Okay! I promise. Pinky fingers.” I smiled and shook pinky with Yesung.

 

Suddenly, my phone rang. Caller ID was Kyuhyun.

 

Hyerin instantly picked up and there was Kyuhyun’s worried voice. “Hyerin! Are you ok?! Where’re you?! I called your house but Bonnie said you were not home yet. Did anything happen?!”

 

I took a breathe and talked cheerfully. “Oppa I’m alright. I met Yesung oppa on the way and I had dinner with him.” I looked at my watch. I was shocked to see 2 hours have passed.

 

Kyuhyun heaved a sign of relief. “Oh Yesung hyung. Phew thank god. Let me speak to him.”

 

“Hyung ah, gomawo. Help me to bring Hyerin home ok. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

I called back Bonnie to assure her I’m alright too.

 

“Come on Hyerin. Let’s get you back home. Kyuhyun is worrying. Take care of your wounds. I’ll keep this incident a secret between us.” Yesung got up on his legs and pulled me up. I was stunned. This was another side of Yesung I’m seeing. He isn’t the cold-blooded guy as I thought he would be. He just had another story he kept to himself. I am glad I got to know another side of Yesung.

 

“Thank you Yesung oppa. You better get going too.” I smiled at him and looked behind for fear Bonnie would be waiting for me behind the door.


“Goodnight Hyerin and see you tomorrow.” Yesung gave me a sweet smile and went off.

 

In that moment, Hyerin’s heart melted. Such tinkling feeling. “Why am I feeling this way? It doesn’t signify anything right? I’m just touched by what Yesung oppa said and did to me today.” Yes, I’m just thinking too much.” I nodded and talked to myself.

 

Forewords: Yesung’s dark past is revealed. What do everyone thinks of it?

                   Only Yesung and Hyerin are involved in this chapter.

                    I’ll try to add in the others too, cheers (:

                    Do comment, it gives me more motivation and encouragement.