fix you.

Secret Smile ♥

Chapter 8 ~~

 

<MUSIC; play if you want to>

 

Pain.

 

Beep.

 

Pain.

 

Beep.

 

Pain.

 

Beep.

 

I tried to open my eyes but it was impossible. Every time I tried to do it, it felt like tearing them up. So I gave up.

But… under the pain I could feel someone’s hand holding mine. And heard voices. A lot of them. Familiar. Wait, where was I? Who was I? What happened?

I tried to look again. Lights were hurting me like hell and I tried to move my hand but I didn’t feel it.

I gave up again.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 “Why? Tell me, why?” Kyuhyun whispered, looking at the girl behind the window. She was like Snow White, sleeping like a child but her face was even whiter than a pillow.

“I don’t know, kid. I really don’t.” He heard Leeteuk’s whisper and saw tears on his cheeks. He didn’t cry. He just couldn’t. It was impossible for him to do it.

They stayed in silence. What could they do? There were only Kyuhyun, Leeteuk and Siwon. The rest was in Eunhyuk’s room. The youngest sighed. Why? He didn’t deserve it. At all. He killed her. She will be dead.

He killed her…

“Excuse me..?” They heard voice behind them and an old man looked at them with a serious face. They all slowly turned around without saying word and stared at him with a “what again” glare.

“How is she?” Siwon whispered, slightly looking at her again.

“Well, after last operation we have to say that her condition is better. She had a lot of bruises on her head and we suspected intracerebral hemorrhage but thanks to God it’s not that. If it was like that, she would be dead right now. But she is only in a deep coma, her body has to rest, so as her brain. She should wake up in a few days but I can’t say ‘don’t worry’ for now. We don’t know in what state she’ll wake up. She’ll can not remember some things, be scared, she even can not trust you. So don’t push her too much, there’s no point in that if you want not to scare her more. And… Well, probably that’s all. You can go to her now, but be careful, okay?” Doctor said and they looked at him with an unbelieving look. What did he say just now?

What. Did. He. Say?!

No way.

“Oh dear, THANK YOU GOD!” Leeteuk screamed and they rushed to small room in the same time.

 

Kim’s POV

 

Really, why is so noisy here? Ugh, and this smell. I hate it. It smells like…

Hospital?

How?

Why?

Wait…

I opened my eyes fast, trying to sit but everything in me was in so much pain that I almost screamed. Well, I tried. But all I could do was little moan.

Why the hell I can’t even move?!

“Kim?” I heard someone’s voice around me but I couldn’t respond. I just blinked a few times and looked right, trying to figure out why my head hurts like hell. Well, why my whole body hurts like hell.

“W-What happened?” I whispered, trying to get up again but I failed. I heard someone’s calling doctor and a few people went to my room. They didn’t say anything just looked at me.

“What’s your name?” Ugh, what?

“Kimberly White.” I replied, looking at him with a weird gaze.

“Your birth date?” Another stupid question.

“Twenty-third of August. Aaishh, so... AH!” I screamed, when my head suddenly started to hurt. Everyone started to scream too, trying to get closer but I only gently touched that place and I could feel a lot of seams.

“Ugh, I’m fine.” I sighed, looking at each pair of eyes. Well, I wasn’t even a bit okay.

“Kimberly, you were in a car accident with your friend. You had a lot of wounds on your head and your legs were almost broken. But now you are in a hospital and your life is not in danger anymore.” I heard old man’s whisper and my eyes got bigger. Something clicked in my brain.

Eunhyuk, birthday, true feelings, car driving just at us…

“Where’s he?!” I moaned, trying to ignore the pain ad get out of my bed. But then suddenly felt someone’s arms on my shoulders pushing me on my bed. Kyuhyun.

“No. You have to rest. I’ll go for him. Just lay here and don’t move!” He replied with a worried look and, before leaving, did the weirdest thing he ever did: he gently kissed me on my forehead, making my eyes the biggest in the world.

What the…?

My head was hurting more than before. I wanted to ask for some medicine but I couldn’t open my mouth.

I suddenly felt sleepy. Very sleepy. Like I’ve never been before.

“What’s happening…?” I whispered looking at the doctor and all I could see was his worried look.

And then I closed my eyes.

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

These ten days were like living hell for me. I was sitting with her all the time, whishing she’ll wake up again, look at me with those green eyes and tell me that everything will be okay, that there’s nothing to worry about. Then I could just lay on my knees and beg her for her forgiveness, trying to say how guilty I feel right now. She could just say that she doesn’t want anyone like me; that I’m piece of crap and don’t deserve being her… friend. I deserve to be no one for her. And I could take these words with a pleasure.

I sighed. Of course she didn’t wake up. She was just moving her hand sometimes, trying to hold mine tighter. But that was all. I was really feeling like the . I could go home after a few days but she was in a coma. She could be dead. I could kill her.

I thought I’ll never throw my memories of accident form my head. It was just too painful. Her body, cut everywhere, her white dress stained with a blood. And her screams. That she just want to die before she fainted. There was nothing scarier than the possibility of seeing her dead when I woke up.

I was deep in my thoughts when I heard Kyuhyun’s voice calling me from the hall. I walked out of the restroom and looked at him with not understanding look.

“She woke up! Come on, hurry!” He screamed and I didn’t think about anything but run to her. But when we were in room, doctor looked at us with a weird gaze and sighed.

“I’m sorry. She fell asleep again. It was too much for her so we gave her some soporifics. But she’ll wake up again in a few hours and I have more good news: she can go home in a few days. Her body almost recovered and there’s nothing wrong with her head anymore but you have to take extra care for her. She’ll be weak but don’t be annoying. It won’t help at all.” Okaay…

“Is there anything you want to know? No? Okay, now will be me going. Call for me if she wakes up again.” The next thing we could see was his back, disappearing behind the white door.

“We have to wait, Hyukjae. Don’t worry; she’ll be fine if this guy is saying that.” I heard Kyu’s whisper and sat on the chair, taking her hand.

Maybe she’ll be fine.

 

***

 

“Come on guys! I am not a child, let go of me!”

And it was like that for about half an hour when we started to unpack her things. We didn’t even bother to look at her, especially I.

“Shut up and rest. We’ll really appreciate that.” Kyu smiled with his evil smile and she sighed, sitting on the bed with unhappy face.

I didn’t even pay attention at her. Well, it was just something like weird feeling that I shouldn’t. I didn’t deserve it.

But then Kyu told something about schedules and just went out, leaving me there with Kim. What the hell? Didn’t he know how I feel? Ugh, stupid maknae! I’ll kill him later!

Yeah, I was really going to.

“So, ugh…“ She suddenly started but I still didn’t even raise my head. I was just putting her clothes and stuff in her wardrobe, trying to ignore silence.

She sighed.

“Eunhyuk-ssi!

Nothing.

“Eunhyuk!”

I got up, looking around.

“Hyukjae!” She suddenly yelled. “Look at me!”

“No.” I coldly replied, turning around. I didn’t really care if she get hurt, I just didn’t want to look in her eyes and feel even more guilty than I was right now. It was selfish, but true.

“Why?” I heard her whisper as she grabbed my wrist. I closed my eyes. Hearing her voice full of pain was something I really couldn’t handle.

“Let go of me.” I sighed, trying to get out.

“No.”

“Kim. It’s really nothing you could argue with me. Just let go.” I whispered, looking at her with a cold look and then saw her tears.

She was crying. Because of me.

“Why are you like this?” She asked, closing her eyes. I didn’t say anything, just put her hand on bed and simply walked out, feeling warm tears on my cheeks.

It was even more painful than I expected.

 

Okay, don't ask me what is it. I just wrote it without thinking. And it wasn't good "not thinking". It was bad, really bad because this chapter is a piece of crap. And I've already started to think about finishing with this story...

Anyway...