do and don't.

Secret Smile ♥

Prologue ~~

"So tell me again; why do I have to move to Korea?" I asked, staring at my "dad" with cold gaze. He was old, serious men with a firm, green eyes and sarcastic smile, which, unfortunately, I also had. Yeah, unfortunately. I never wanted to be related to him. The truth is... I've never accept him as my father. He was never capable to be one so why should I love him? He betrayed mum. A lot. He was thinking he can do everything. But for real? He was only CEO in huge company. Nothing more. Well, he was thinking a bit different.
"I told you a few times already. Aishh, are you really that slow?" he sighed, looking at his expensive watch and then again at me. "I have too much work. I can't take care about you properly. So, you'll move to my friend's house. In Korea."
"Like you ever bothered to take care for me!" I hissed, looking straight to his eyes. Next thing was hard slap on my cheek. I felt slight pain, but I was used to it. I narrowed my eyes, touching red place.
"Don't ever talk to me like that. Aishh, you're just like your mother!" He whispered and turn to me again." You'll go no matter what. I promise, even If I have to pack you to your suitcase. Start packing your stuffs. You'll go tomorrow at 6 a.m.". It was decided, I saw it in his eyes.
"Daddy... please..." I whispered, looking back. "Please..." I said again, hoping it'll help me. Well, hope is mother of fools. He didn't say anything, he just walked away, calling somewhere. I.. I didn't move. I couldn't move.
I never felt so much pain like that time. It was... I don't know.... I was hoping that there is some humanity in him. And again: hope is mother of fools. I didn't cry. I never cried since mom died. Tears were a thing that makes you weak. And I couldn't be weak. Not here. Not now.
So I took a deep breath and closed my green eyes, slowly taking my hands from my face.
"So, Kim, you're going to Korea tomorrow. Shouldn't you be happy?" I whispered and just lay down on my bed. Yeah, I should. And "should" is the correct word.

 

 

Chapter 1 ~~

I was sitting on the small chair, looking at her face. She was sleeping like a child, smiling a little with her white lips. Pain went away, like I could see. It was good. She never suffer that much. Well, except... No, Kim, you won't do that again. You won't think about him. He isn't worth it. He isn't your father anymore.
"That's right. He isn't." I whispered and looked at the window. It was hot today, almost thirty digress. I loosen up tie, which was part of my school uniform and begin to observe people around. Like I did since when mum has to go to the hospital because of cancer.
"Ms. White?" I hear familiar voice behind my back. I turned away, looking at pretty Dr. Johnson's face. She wasn't smiling, like always, instead of it, her eyes were sad and a bit blurry. My heart stopped for a moment and then started to beat like crazy.
"Yes? What happened?" I whispered, trying to not get dark thought a way to my mind.
"I'm sorry but we can't help your mother anymore. We tried everything but metastases are on every part of your mother's brain. I'm sorry, really sorry, but... There's nothing we can do about it. She'll be dead in hours, maybe days." She said and left. Next thing I felt was pain in my knees, then in arms, in head. And darkness. Peaceful darkness



***


"NO, SHE CAN'T LEAVE LIKE THIS! MOM, WAKE UP! MOMMY, DON’T LEAVE ME! NO!." I screamed, but she didn't hear me. She couldn't hear me, if she could she would just open her eyes & tell me she was just joking, there's nothing to worry about, she'll be okay, for sure. But she didn't do single one of it. She was just lying down, in white bedding, and her face was even whiter than her pillow. "Come on mom, open your eyes! Come on! You are not dead! YOU ARE NOT DEAD! YOU HEARED ME?! YOU ARE NOT DEAD!"
"Kimmy, she's gone. I'm sorry, Kimmy, but she's really gone" I heard a whisper somewhere around my ear but I didn't know who is it. But I hated that person after what he/she said. It was just sick bull! She wasn't dead, SHE WASN'T!
"I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'm so sorry. So sorry"
I was sorry too.

I suddenly opened my teary eyes and sat on the bed, trying to control my breath and desperately looking for a light switch. This wasn't the first time when my memories were coming back in my dreams but I was scared as always. I wished I could forget everything what happened back then. I wished I could help her. I wished. But I couldn't. And it was worst than death.
It was 4 a.m. and for the first time I was grateful to alarm clock for waking me up. But then I remembered WHY I have to get up so early and my good mood just flied away. I sighed, trying to find my stupid glasses. I was looking in them like a fool and loser but whatever. Who cares. Anyway, I found some jeans and shirt in my wardrobe and go to the bathroom. I had black circles under my eyes and very pale lips. I bit them to return a color to them but it was pointless. They had the same color like my T-shirt. I brushed my teeth, thinking about who’s Richard’s friend.

“God, please, don’t let him give me in some ert’s hands!” I whispered and brushed my dry hair. They were curling like always but I really had no time to treat them with flat iron so I just made a ponytail and packed all the stuff to the suitcase.

“Kimberly, it’s time for us to leave!” I heard Rebecca, our chauffeur, so I just put my contacts in rush. I looked at the room when I was growing up for the last time and closed the door. Leaving my memories, my life. Everything here, in this small room.

 

***

 

“Take care, sweetie. And even if it’ll be middle of the night you can call me or text me, anything! Just be careful, okay?” Rebecca said, giving me a hug. She was so mother-like to me. I’ll miss her, I’m sure.

“Kay” I replied, don’t letting my tears slip away. She hugged me one more time and then pushing me a little to our private plane. Even when I was inside, sitting in one of comfy seats, she was still there, standing and smiling. It was hard not to cry, she reminded my mother so much! But your mum died, and no one can replace her. I heard irritating voice in my head. I told him to shut up and then female voice told that we were about to start. I closed my eyes, and I didn’t even notice when I fell asleep.

I woke up a few hours later and we were slowly going down. I sighed with relief. I REALLY didn’t like planes. Anyway, I looked at my mobile’s screen and read message from Richard. ‘When you’ll be in the Korean airport look for the men in red jacket. He’ll have a piece of paper with your name. Go to him. Love ya! R.’ Love ya? Was he insane? Ugh. Whatever. I took my bag and went away from a plane since we were in Korea. I turn on my I-pod and played random song. I sarcastically smiled when I realized that it’s ACDC’s ‘Highway To hell’ and turn around looking for men Richard told me about. I saw him standing near buffet. He was also looking around and in the same time noticed me. I turn my smile into a cold mask, like always, and slowly went to him

“Are you Richard White’s friend?” I asked, remembering that I have to use Korean right now. He looked into my eyes with a wide smile and shook my hand.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I am Kim Soo Hyun and I’ll go with you to the house!” he said with a bright smile. How annoying. Ugh.

“Yeah, whatever” I coldly said and I could see his smile slowly disappears. Ohh, how much I like getting people on their nerves! Anyway, he didn’t say nothing more, just walked to the exit. I walked with him, what else I could do? I didn’t know the area we were going. He opened a doors of a white van for me and then sat on the driver’s seat. While he was driving back, he bit his lips, and I had to admit that he looked kinda cute. Holly , WHAT?! Kimmy, you have to go to the doctor. He isn’t cute, he is incredibly annoying! Even if he has nice smile… NO! Ugh. Howirritating.

“So, I have to warn you that your roommates are sometimes…” He stopped, looking for the good word in his head. ”I don’t know, wild? Weird? Something like that” Okay, he was nice. I sighed, trying to not be for a moment. I saw his brown eyes in a mirror…

“Really? So am I.” WAIT! What the hell I just said!?! Oh God.” NO! I mean, I sometimes have weird actions or.. or… Habits…You know what I mean.” Ohh, it was better to play a ! He tried to cover his laughter with choking but he wasn’t a good actor. But there was something in his smile that was making me wanted to smile too. But I didn’t do it. I just… couldn’t. And I also didn’t want to so I just looked at people & didn’t say anything till we stopped in front of the house. Or I should say villa. I didn’t show how shocked I am. But I was. Very. Anyway,  I was about to get my luggage but then I my sunglasses just slipped from my nose and fell on the ground. “!” I yelled and then someone just picked them up faster than I could. I look at that person and then I thought he looks familiar. “Um, thanks” I said and then open my eyes wider. “Oh my…” that was all I could say. I was about to faint. Why the hell Leeteuk is here?!

“You must be Kimmy? I am Leeteuk, nice to meet you. From now on you’ll be our roommate.” He said with a bright smile and then I noticed other Super Junior members. They stared at me with smiles on their faces and I just leant on car’s mask. SO THIS WAS RICHARD’S FRIEND?!

“You have to be kidding me, really!” I sighed and close my eyes.

“Nope, not at all.” Kyuhyun said, taking one of my suitcase and just walking away. “Come on, Donghae is cooking an omurice! You don’t want to miss it!” He laughed and went through the white doors. Okaay…

“Hey, Kim, I just leave you here. Boys are nice, they’re going to show you everything, so I’m not needed anymore. Bye!” I heard Soohyun’s voice but I didn’t even bother to look at him. I hear him sighed and then he left.

“Okay, let’s go. We’re not gonna stand here all day, right? Anyway, it’s about to rain. Come one, Kim!” This was Siwon, as I remembered but I just couldn’t move but just stare at them. I’m sure I didn’t look very intelligent. I blinked a few times and cleaned my throat.

“Okay. But again; what the hell is going on?” I asked while walking down the sidewalk.

“We will be roommates from now on. How cool is that? Anyway, why, we tell you when we’ll be in a living room, kay?” Leeteuk said, smiling even brighter.

“Kay” I replied but this sounded like a joke.

I’ll be living with SuJu?!

 

 

So, how you liked it? I'm sorry if there are some mistakes and it's boring but It'll be more interesting, I promise! <333