Meeting His Family

Saved

 

Your POV

“Am I really going to meet your parents today?”

Himchan looks at me and smiles, “Yes, you have no reason to be nervous they will love you.”

“Are you sure, I am a foreigner?”

“Why should that matter?”

I shrug, “I have kids.”

“You adopted them,” he says.

“Are you looking for a reason for my parents not to like you?”

“I’m just so nervous about meeting your family. I mean Himchan I didn’t even meet your sister until last week.”

“I know and I guess i should have introduced you to them earlier, but they make me look more like a fool than I do on my own.”

I chuckle, “If I didn’t like you as a fool you are why I would I have dated you for so long, move across the ocean to be with you, and agree to marry you?”

He smiles as he pulls me towards him, “I guess you have me there.”

He smiles down at me pulling me closer to his side, "Just remember I'm by your side."

"Oh no I think I'm going to worry more."

"Ya, jariya that's so mean," he whines cutely to me.

I shrug, "Sys the guy who always trying to pull pranks on people and makes them uncomfortable."

He shrugs it off and kisses me as we step to his parent's doorstep.

He looks me in the eye and asks, "Are you ready for this?"

I nod my head, "As ready as I'll ever be."

"Then may you do the honors?"

I slowly stretch my hand to the doorbell and ring it. I'm holding onto Himchan's hand as an older woman opens the door and looks over at Himchan then me.

"Himchan," she says as she pulls him into a hug. Then she looks at me and a smile appears, "Hello you must be ____. I'm Himchan's mother."

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m ____ if you haven't’ heard yet.”

She nods her head well pulling me into a hug, "I'm not sure why Himchan was hiding you from us. Oh come inside I bet you'd love to see Himchan's albums when he was growing up.

I nod my head as she leads me inside and I take my shoes off. Himchan is right behind us slowly he takes my hand in his causing me to look back at him. I smile at him seeing at how he’s keeping to his word.

Mrs. Kim looks back at us and I see a small smile ghost across her lips.

As we sit down in the living room I find the strength to speak, “It surprises me that you seem to be okay with Himchan and me.”

“True as it is but as long as my boy is happy I’m okay with him being with you like any of my children.”

I smile at her and sigh in relief, “I’m glad you at least think that, because I was thinking of the worse.”

She shakes her head, “No need to worry. Now can you tell me about yourself?”

I tell her a little about myself ignoring facts about my real family.

“It seems that your family is nice do you know your real parents?”

I nod my head and smile, “Yes, when I had met Himchan a while back I was supposed to stay an extra week or two longer but my mother was in the hospital because she was sick. So I had rushed back to see her but she died before I landed. My father and I are not on the best terms since I can remember. So my old friend’s father became my foster father and my real father in my mind. He plans to walk me down the aisle since his daughter died a year ago in an accident when we were teenagers. Since then Charlie has been very protective over me.”

She smiles, “That’s still got to be nice to know that yu have a father figure like him looking after him.”

I smile as I finger my bracelet that I never seem to take off.

Himchan looks down at it and asks me, “What’s up with the bracelet?”

“Charlie’s daughter, Christa, gave it to me when i first moved into the apartment complex when i was about 14. We were friends since we were 4 and when she heard I was moving into the complex she was so excited not knowing the real reason why I moved into it. Which was my father had lost his temper with me one last time and to protect me my mother rented an apartment for me. When she had found out why I moved there she had found some scars on my arm a few months later when it was the start of spring. She made this bracelet for me. If you look closely it says, ‘Team Life.’ This was way before the whole line of Team Life stuff came out here in Korea. I find it really funny. When she found out about the line it seemed every Christmas or Birthday I’d get something from the line.”

Himchan and his mother smile over at me and what seems to be Himchan’s father and sister walk into the room.

“Hi, ___ it’s nice to see you again.”

I nod and smile, “It’s nice to see you as well.”

Himchan’s father nods to me as he sits down on a chair next to his wife.

Causing Himchan’s mother to cluck her tongue and look at me, “Ignore him he thinks that makes him seem cool. Let’s hope Himchan doesn’t became like that when he gets older.”

I shake my head, “I don't’ think he will he likes the sound of his voice to much.”

Himchan’s mother and sister start laughing after a little bit Himchan even joins in knowing he can’t deny it.

Still when they stop I have Himchan look down at me and squeeze my hand, “Jariya, that wasn’t very nice of you.”

I nod my head and look at him, “I know but it was hard not to say.”

He pouts cutely and I simply kiss his cheek and start talking with his mother.

“How about we plan for the wedding a bit today?”

Himchan and I look up surprised, “Why?”

“The wedding is still a bit of distance away. We’re not really sure how we’re going to tell everyone else.”

“Still it’ll be a good idea of what you you want before you have to really plan.”

So I’m not sure with how long we sat there talking about what Himchan and I want for our wedding. Soon we hit a dead end and realized we dont’ have anymore ideas.

Soon Himchan and I are heading back to our apartment so I can see my girls sooner than I thought we’d be doing.

When we reach the apartment I smile as Himchan stops me and pulls me back to give me a kiss.

We pull away from me smiling, “I love you and I can’t wait to make you my wife.”

“I love you too and I can't’ wait for you to be my husband.”