Just friends?

My aegyo girl

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTKsUZMlDVY

Author’s note:I found this audio on youtube, and I have to say that I have no idea what they are saying, the only words I could undestand were ‘Hello’, Jiyoon’s presentation, ‘Hi Jiyoon’, ‘Hi oppa’, ‘friend’ and I think I heard something like ‘love’, that’s it, oh yeah, and I think Sungkyu said something about Jiyoon’s aegyo, so, forgive me if I misunderstood all the dialogs, I don’t know korean. Again, this is totally fiction.

 

(2010.10.06) The next day

Jiyoon POV:

‘Huh? Where’s my phone?’ I asked myself while I was searching for the ringing mobile. ‘Found it!’

‘Hello?’ I said immediately I picked up.

‘Hold on a sec’ a voice said on the other side of the line. I waited.

I heard some girls talking.

‘We have someone on the line. Hello?’ said a girl.

‘Hello’ I answered.

‘Oh, it’s a girl’ I heard people saying.

‘Kekeke’ a girl laughed. I tried not to laugh too.

‘Can you introduce yourself please?’ asked me a man.

‘Hello, I’m Jeon Jiyoon of 4minute’ I said.

‘Ahhh!’ I heard all the people on the station saying.

‘Ah! Sungkyu. Ahhh!’ a man said picking on Sungkyu. He laughed. I did too.

‘Oh, she’s Sungkyu’s friend’ the women said.

‘Ah…Yeah’ I said.

‘Please, greet each other’ asked a woman.

‘Jiyoon, annyo~’ Sungkyu said.

My heart started beating fast when I heard his voice.

‘Annyo oppa~’ I answered laughing right after. He did too.

‘Oh, they greet like lovers’ a girl said and everyone in the studio laughed and teased.

‘No…’ I said but no one listened. Sungkyu just laughed.

‘Jiyoon, do you know why we called you?’

‘Yeah, I was told that the topic of the program was going to be “friends” and that I was picked to be Sungkyu-oppa’s friend.’ I answered. Sungkyu let go a little laugh.

‘Sungkyu, why did you pick her as your friend?’ one of the persons asked him.

‘You know that Jiyoon is known as the charisma of her group and I always liked that about her, but when I saw her aegyo… I had no doubts about it…’ Sungkyu answered honestly, but mean while, I was so embarrassed by his response that I couldn’t help but let go little screams between his sentences.

‘Oh no, why does he always says and does such things…? He knows I’ll be ashamed!’I asked in my mind.

‘Oh, her aegyo…’ some of the people repeated.

‘Yeah, when we Infinite members saw her aegyo, we were agreed that she was the best at it’ Sungkyu ended his speech.

‘Yah!’ I shouted. ‘Why did he say that?’

‘Jiyoon, show us your aegyo’ a woman asked me.

‘The one that made us members fall’ said Woohyun teasing me.

‘Yah! Really?’ I started. Sungkyu laughed. ‘Do I really have to do it? It is so embarrassed!’

‘Yes, yes, do it please’

I was so nervous that I failed on doing what I do best!...‘This is all Sungkyu’s fault…! He made me so nervous…!’ I thought. While everyone laughed at the studio.

‘Oh, she’s so nervous’ one said.

‘Yes, she is’ another one said.

‘This is your fault Sungkyu’ some said. He laughed.

‘No’ I said, but again, no one listened. ‘I’ll kill him when I see him!’ I promised myself.

‘Jiyoon, you did well’ a girl said to me.

‘Yes, you did…’ another one said.

‘You seemed close, how do you become friends?’ a girl asked.

‘Umm, we started to talk to each other during the recording of a TV program. I became to know her better, I really like to talk to her’ Sungkyu said without warning.

‘What is he doing?’I thought.

‘So, do you love her?’ a man asked.

‘Is there love between you two?’ another asked.

I screamed ashamed. Sungkyu just laughed like always.

‘…we’re just friends…’ Sungkyu responded after a while with a little sadness in his voice.

‘Oh…’ a girl said sounding a little disappointed.

‘Just friends?’ one said and the others followed him.

‘Do you look at her with other eyes?’ the woman wanted to know.

‘I can’t look at her’ he answered avoiding the response. Everyone laughed. I did too but with no feeling.

‘Mostly we’re friends’ he finally said.

‘Jiyoon, how do you feel being picked by Sungkyu as his friend?’ a girl asked me.

‘You know that we were being talking to each other really a short time…’ I started, ‘and oppa still said we’re friends, so, to tell the truth, I feel really honored that he considers me as his friend through this short time’

Sungkyu laughed a couple of times. ‘I love his laugh’

‘Ohh!’ the people in the studio agreed.

‘Jiyoon, thank you so much for accompany us today. It’s been a wonderful time’ a woman said.

‘Oh yes, thank you very much’ I said. ‘Annyo~’ I said goodbye.

‘Bye’ people answered.

‘Annyo~’ I heard Sungkyu saying before I hung up. I smiled.

The radio station was on in the living room of the dorm. I walked trough there and found all the 4minute members gathered in front of the machine.

‘They are picking on Sungkyu again’ said a smiley Hyuna.

‘What are they saying to him?’ I wanted to know. I came closer to my friends.

‘If to tell the truth, you are his girlfriend’ answered Sohyun smiling too but concentrated on hearing what else the people said to Sungkyu.

‘What was his response?’ I asked sitting in the floor near Gayoon.

‘He like to laugh a lot’ Jihyun pointed.

‘Yes, he does’ I said.

‘He said you’re just friends’ Gayoon answered my question.

‘We are…’ I said with a little sadness in my voice.

‘Not for very much longer’ I heard Sohyun saying grinning.

We ended to hear the radio program and then, we lie lazy on the floor. It was a cold day outside.

Fifteen minutes later, I heard my phone ringing loudly in the room. I didn’t want to stand up but Hyuna’s foot hit my right leg telling me to go and pick the call. I sighed rolling over my body and standing up. I ran to the room just in time to catch the call in the last ringing.

‘Hello?’ I answered without looking who was calling.

‘Annyo~’ I heard Sungkyu’s voice at the other side of the line.

I paralyzed.

‘Annyo~’ I managed to say.

‘Jiyoon… Do you want to go out today?’ he asked without warning.

I felt my heart pumping strong against my chest.

‘Uh…yeah…sure’ I answered.

‘Good’ he said. ‘I’ll pick you up in 2 two hours. I’m pretty far from your dorm now’

‘Ok’ I said.

‘See you in two hours’

‘Bye’ I said and hung up.

‘Who was it?’ Jihyun yelled from the living room.

I hesitated, ‘Sungkyu’ I finally said walking towards them.

‘Good. Are you going out?’ Gayoon asked.

‘Yeah…’I answered lying on the floor again.

‘Yah! What are you doing? Go change!’ shouted Hyuna.

‘Neh, I have time. He’ll be here in two hours. He said he’s pretty far from here’ I answered ignoring her kick on my leg again.

‘Ok then…’ said a sleepy Sohyun.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! How do you like this chapter? I hope you really enjoyed it!

 

Comments, critics, anything, please don't doubt in let me know.
 
Have a nice afternoon.