The truth...

My aegyo girl

 

Two days after

Sohyun POV:

‘Hyunyoung-unnie!’ I shouted when I saw the girl from Rainbow showing her head out the door of the van.

‘Sohyun! Hi!’ she greeted me waving his hand.

I walked towards the car and she let me in.

‘Where are the rest?’ I wanted to know looking around the insides of the van.

‘Buying stuffs’ she said pointing at a shop near the car.

‘Why you been left behind?’ I questioned.

‘Because you called saying you’ll come silly’ the girl said patting my head. I smiled.

‘What do you want to talk about?’ Hyunyoung asked innocently.

I hesitated a little. She noticed.

‘It’s about a boy?’ she wanted to know.

I got shocked at first but then nodded shyly.

‘Oh! You’re so cute!’ almost screamed the girl picking my cheeks.

‘Damn! I’m a good actress’I thought while burying my face on my hands showing “shame” when there was none.

‘Do I know him?’ she asked me. I nodded.

‘Is…is…Dongwoo-oppa…’ I said looking away trying to hide a smile.

Hyunyoung emitted a choked scream and smiled at me after.

‘I…I know you’re kind of close to Infinite…’ I said shyly, ‘…and I wanted to… you know…’

The girl nodded with energy. ‘You want to know all about him, right?’

‘Well…yeah…sort of…’ I answered trying to hide a smile again.

‘Well, first, let me tell you that I’m not THAT close to them, just to Sungyeol now, and I used to be close to Sungkyu, or so I thought…, anyway, I do know a little of Dongwoo’ Hyunyoung said a little uncomfortable.

My eyes were wide for a second, but then I calmed myself so she didn’t notice. I gave her a questioning look.

‘He’s… a really good friend, or so Sungkyu used to say…’ and again the girl felt uncomfortable.

‘Are you okay?’ I asked Hyunyoung worried.

‘Yeah…I’m just…I…forget it’ she said looking a little sad.

‘…unnie…’ I started, ‘are you sure you’re okay?’

She remained silent for a second or two looking outside the window.

‘What’s with you 4minute girls and Infinite anyways?’ she addressed me exploding.

‘What?’. I got a shock for the sudden question and then I gave her a puzzled look. She sighed.

‘I’m sorry…’ she apologized.

‘No…it’s okay, but… Why do you ask me that?’ I wanted to know.

‘Two days ago…’ Hyunyoung started, ‘in Bouquet…, all of you girls were picked by Infinite boys…, except Jihyun-unnie…’

I nodded still giving her a puzzled look.

‘Why do you act like you don’t know of what am I talking about?’ she exploded again.

I accentuated my puzzled look. ‘I really don’t know…’ I said bringing little tears to my eyes.

‘God damned! I’m SO good at this!’I thought.

Hyunyoung looked at me worrying. ‘Oh no! I’m so sorry, don’t cry, you really don’t know?’ she said not knowing what to do with me crying. I shook my head cleaning the tears out of my eyes.

She sighed. ‘Don’t you know that Jiyoon-unnie went out with Sungkyu the afternoon of the recording of Bouquet?’ the girl questioned me.

I faked a surprised look. ‘Oh! He was the one she went out?’ I asked. 

‘You didn’t know?’ Hyunyoung did a surprised look.

I shook my head. ‘I wasn’t in the room when she went, and when I came back and asked for her, the other just told me she went out with a friend, I didn’t know who’ I lied.

‘Oh…’ Hyunyoung seemed disappointed.

‘But what does this have to do with Dongwoo-oppa? And why the fact that Jiyoon-unnie went out with Sungkyu-oppa bother you so much?’ I asked innocently.

The girl looked confused when I asked her that last question. ‘No particular reason, forget it’ she simple said waving her hand.

I gave her a suspicious look. She ignored it.

‘Now, Dongwoo…, he is a good boy…’ and with this, she started to talk about the boy I have asked for. I nodded eventually pretending to be taking mental notes of all she said about him, but the truth was that I was trying hard to think in something to say that brings the Sungkyu topic again. But then…, my mind clicked.

‘Unnie…’ I started taking advantage of a pause she did to think if she knows anything else about Dongwoo, ‘why every time you said something about Dongwoo-oppa you mention Sungkyu-oppa?’

‘What?’ she said shocked.

‘Yes, every time you said something about Dongwoo-oppa, you say something like “that’s what Sungkyu said” or “Sungkyu told me once that Dongwoo…”’ I tried to make my expression even more innocent.

She was speechless. She opened to speak but no sound came.

‘I got her!’I yelled in my head.

‘I’m sorry unnie! I said something I shouldn’t, did I?’ I asked faking a worried look.

Hyunyoung went out of her stupor. ‘No, no, don’t worry, is just… a bad habit I think…’ she said smiling sadly.

I put my best puzzled look again. At first she hesitated, but then, she sighed.

‘…I’ll tell you ok?, but you have to promise not to tell anyone… not even your besties in 4minute…, especially not to them, ok?’ Hyunyoung said serious.

‘Why especially not 4minute?’ I wanted to know frowning a little angry.

She didn’t answer.

‘The reason I always bring Sungkyu is because I like him…or I used to…, anyway, he played with me’

‘You and him dated?’ I asked in a shock.

‘…not really’ she answered in a low voice. ‘I fall for his charms and smile. He’s a really well mannered boy, you know?’ she smiled at this statement.

‘He always takes care of everyone around him. He’s a great leader and friend’ she continued, ‘He was really nice to me and the other Rainbow girls’

I nodded, this time really listening.

‘But then, one day I felt he was more than nice to me, he was diligent and charm at extremes…’

I nodded again.‘Or maybe you were already in love with him and thought what you wanted to think…’ I said inside my head.

‘Anyways…, I gave him my heart but then, he changed, he started not paying much attention to me, he was utter cold with me… I get hurt by this, but decided that I was mistaken and he have changed because I haven’t told him how I felt…’

‘Did he tell you before that he was in love with you or something?’ I wanted to know.

‘No…, but I could tell by the way he looked at me…’ the girl answered convinced.

‘Unnie really messed up the things…’I thought.

‘So one day I told him I loved him but he got shocked and simply said thank you and walked away from me like it was nothing, like I just told him that the weather was nice…’ Hyunyoung said almost crying.

‘Oh no, I’m a bad person…’I thought. I felt a little sad for her.

‘Wait, he never told you anything besides that?’ I asked. My mind was working fast again.

She nodded. ‘The last time I told him “I love you” he said “I’m sorry, I don’t”…’ and with this the girl started to cry hard. ‘He broke my heart’ she said almost choking with her crying.

I hugged her. ‘At least he was honest with you’ I said trying to comfort her.

Hyunyoung broke the hug violently and looked into my eyes with wrath. ‘”At least he was honest with you?”’ she quoted. ‘What is that supposed to mean?’

‘I… I was trying to comforted you…’ I said apologizing.

‘He played with me! He tricked me with his charms and then he dumped me like I was nothing!’ the girl shouted out of her mind.

I got scared by her yell but immediately regained my composure.

‘He did not played with you’ I said serious.

‘What? Of course he did! Did you not listen to me at all?’ she asked almost screaming again.

‘I did, that is why I’m telling you he did not play with you’ I answered firmly. ‘He was nice by telling you he did not love you back’

‘What?’ the girl gave me mixed look between wrath and disbelief.

I was about to answer Hyunyoung when we heard laughs and screams outside the car. The rest of the Rainbow girls were coming back to the van.

Hyunyoung wipe out the tears and took out a mirror to clean her face.

‘I never talked to you about this, ok?’ she said directly to me. I nodded.

‘Never say a lie again’ I addressed her serious. ‘Don’t interfere with Jiyoon and Sungkyu’s relationship, he already told you he did not love you’

She looked at me with wide open eyes. I went down the car to greet the girls that came running to me when saw me. I apologized to them for not staying long but I have to run. I told them I was just passing to say hi. I said goodbye to the girls and run back to the dorm.

‘Mission accomplished!’I thought while walking down the street.

 

4minute dorm

‘I’m home!’ said the girl with short hair when entered the room.

Four girls jumped off their sits to welcome her.

‘How’d go?’ asked the rapper a little worried.

‘Mission accomplished!’ said the maknae raising her fist.

All the girls smiled at this.

‘What happened?’ wanted to know the chic girl.

‘All cleared! She was lying, Sungkyu’s not a player!’ Sohyun announced happy. Four girls jumped and screamed of happiness. One remained calmed but with a wide smile on her face.

‘Now you can tell him…’ the maknae couldn’t finish the sentence because the charisma of the group had hugged her hard taking Sohyun’s breath away.

‘Group hug!’ yelled Hyuna and all the girls followed her in a big hug.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! What do you think about the new chapter? I really hope you liked it.

Comments, critics, anything, please don't doubt in let me know.

Have a nice afternoon.