Persuasion

Brought Together (Novel) *ongoing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don’t know how much time had passed. I don’t know how long I had been slumped on my seat, just staring at her pitifully.

Aye was clutching her arm in pain, her fingers and polished nails pressing deep into her swollen skin. I was pathetically watching her every move, not knowing how to act in response.

If only I could occupy the gap between us, hold her arm to see the injure I had caused up close, then I would have done it. But complete shame and my feelings first got the best of me.

Next, I’d apologize for being such a complete . She didn’t deserve any of this. Even my judgment about her well being wasn’t tolerable that I should be sent to somewhere and be fed to wild animals.

The cab slowed down and Aye shifted on her seat. I was surprised by her sudden movement, because she was sitting there like a stiff person and not talking to me all this time. I straightened up quickly but still watching her closely. She grabbed a couple of bills on her purse, hand it over to the cab driver, before quickly opening her side of the door and getting out, leaving me there looking completely puzzled.

“I think she paid for you young man, not asking for her change like that.” The driver talking to me on the front view mirror.

My mouth opened, thinking of what to say but no words came out. I bowed and grinned sheepishly to the driver before getting off as well.

Aye was hastily walking down the other side of the pavement, not even turning back. I hurried to catch up with her and called her name but she didn’t even look back. She kept on walking like she wasn’t hearing anything.

Why does this girl walk so fast? I asked myself. I panted until I finally caught her elbow, hang on to it and made her face me.

“Wait please! Just wait! I…”

She nudged my hand and kept walking with her head down. “Just leave me alone.”

“Look, I’m really sorry! I didn’t mean it to end up this way. I don’t know what’s gotten into me! You’ve got to believe me!”

She still kept walking. I can’t follow anymore because I was too exhausted and there were so many people coming in all directions that I can’t see where she was.

“AYE-CHAN WILL YOU PLEASE STOP FOR A MOMENT AND TALK TO ME?”

Some people who were close stopped to stare at me like I was some mad man. Some didn’t care and kept walking. I didn’t care. All I wanted was to let her hear my plea.

I stretched my neck to find her figure standing from afar. I rushed to get to her and stood to her front. I panted and gulped as I held her shoulders.

“Thank you. Look, can we…talk?...somewhere quiet?”

Nothing could have prepared me from what she said after she looked up at me coldly.

“I told you to leave me alone Seunghyun. Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

She replied softly but I can sense the anger in her tone. I was taken aback. This was again completely new me and it took me a while to take it all in.

I stuttered to respond. “I…I said I was sorry, I didn’t really…well what do you want me to say so you can forgive me?”

“Do whatever you want, just stay away from me.” Aye pushed me slightly and started walking again quickly.

“Aisshhhh!!!” I bit my knuckle hard then followed swiftly behind her. “BUT I DON’T WANT TO!”

“Why?!” She yelled back now with a pissed off tone.

“Because I……WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND!”

Aye stopped in her tracks and turned to face me with determination on her face.

“Well I don’t think I want to be that.”

“What?”

“You know what? It’s like I don’t even know you Seunghyun. I thought I already did but clearly, I don’t. Who was I fooling. I got caught up so easily. We can’t be friends, we’re totally different.”

“What are you talking about?”

She  shook and held her forehead in disappointment then smirked at me.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter