The Chase

Brought Together (Novel) *ongoing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was currently 9PM, and everybody had gone home from work while some were just about to leave the office. It has been a very long day for everyone and another day of activities will start again tomorrow.

Seunghyun took Minhwan's hand before he could say anything more and began to rush down the stairs from FNC Entertainment, tugging him along hurriedly.

“Where are we going?” Minhwan asked as Seunghyun began to pull away in his car. He was just getting off a phonecall when Seunghyun came and it was such a surprise for him. Normally, Seunghyun would complain about how tired he was and go home without further notice to anybody. 

“You’ll see.”

The roads were empty, giving him the impression that he was allowed to drive quicker than the speed limit. “Yah, you better hold on tight!”

“Why are you driving so fast?!” Minhwan said as he gripped the seat belt buckled on him.

“Because I want to get there quicker!”

“What’s the rush though?! It’s 9PM already!”

Seunghyun swerved a corner and zoomed on. “Why do you ask sooo many questions? I thought you were my best friend.”

“Because I don't want to be here with you and I wanna go home…"

"We will get there."

"Just be careful, okay?”

“I’m not going to let you die Minari.”

The car suddenly jerked to a stop. “What's happening? What is here? Why are we here?” Minhwan said as he unbuckled his seat belt.

Seunghyun took a few seconds to take it all in as he turned off the engine and switched off the headlights. He had pulled up all the way next to a small BBQ restaurant, it was dark. There were a few lit lamps scattered about the area so it wasn’t completely pitch-black. There were a few private vehicles parked and it was definitely quiet.

“Bro, what are you doing?!” Minhwan tried to understand the situation. Before Seunghyun could really react however, he covered Minhwan's mouth to keep him quiet as he stared at Seunghyun unbelievably. 

"Have you lost your mind?!"

Frustrated, Seunghyun gripped the car wheel and slammed his hands on it.

"Yes! I have lost my mind! I don't even know why I am doing this. I have lost my mind ever since day one and much more after today!"  He was breathing hard and just couldn't think straight anymore. "This is stupid all right! Falling for her is the most stupid of them all!"

"Don't be so loud!"

His voice was shaking. "My mind is just racing and I don't think I would be able to control myself if I saw Jaejin with her. I don't think I can handle that." Seunghyun shouted to Minari's face and he fell silent but totally understood.

Seunghyun found himself holding his breath when he noticed a very familiar black SUV park not very far from where his car was.  His body stiffened, eyes fixated by the sight of Jaejin and Aye coming out of the SUV together. 

The sight of the both of them basically answered all of the questions lingering on Minhwan's mind. He glanced at Seunghyun with his mouth slightly opened and practically speechless.

Seunghyun's m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter