Showtime

Brought Together (Novel) *ongoing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was basically panting and there were beads of sweat on my forehead the moment I barged into our dressing room. I failed to remember where it was since I didn't pay much attention to the instructions. Now finding my way back became a problem. I ran my fingers through my hair, breathing heavily the moment I stepped in and making everyone stop with what they were doing and turned to face me for second. 

"Where have you been?" Stylist hyung asked with a slightly pissed off tone.

"Got lost. Sorry. Won't happen again." I reasoned out simply.

"Well hurry up and let's do your make up! Come here. You're next to JaeJin."

He motioned his eyes to the chair next to Jin for me to sit and wait. I did as I was told the entire hair and make-up session and behaved like a good kid. I don't want them to say more about my recent behavior. And besides, the show's coming up. I needed to relax and just shake everything off of me. No more distractions because I cannot afford them anymore.

*~*~*

"Babe, where are you going?" Joon half ran as he went after Aye.

She had just finished putting cookies inside small cups to feed the kids the later. The next thing Joon knew, she had removed the apron around her waist quickly and was dashing out of the kitchen.

"Yah! Where are you going? YAH stop!"

Aye turned around to give a straight answer. "I want to see Seunghyun."

Joon's eyes widened as this was not the answer he was expecting. He put his hands on his hips suddenly and lifted a brow at her suspiciously. "You mean, you want to see FTISLAND."

"No.....Seunghyun." She repeated nochalantly.

Joon stared at her from head to foot, wanting to get more from her girlfriend and her sudden interest with the band.

Three beats of the drum, strums of a bass and screams filling the hall, made them broke off their gazes. Their eyes wandering around. Aye slowly turned to Joon, giving him a questioning look.

"I can go now right? The show's about to start. If you don't want to come them you can wait for me here." She sounded as if she was complaining to him now but there was still respect in her tone.
 
Joon nodded and finally relaxed his tensed muscles forgetting that he heard Seunghyun's name escape from Aye's lips.

"Okay you can go see FT----"

Before he can even finish, her girlfriend had continued to dash off the hall upon her eyes. No smiles, no thank you, she was just too eager to go. Joon's jaw dropped, watching Aye's running figure but still managed to call her out. "I'll see you later!"

FTISLAND did their usual sound check but managed to changed the arrangement of the set list. Instead of playing music, they did the talk first.

*~*~*

"Hello! We are...FTISLAND! Thank you for having us here! We hope we will be able to touch your hearts with our music and make the children feel that there is still hope in this world. I hope with the amount of donations that we made can make a difference and help everyone and this insitution in every way. Thank you! Please enjoy our showcase. My name is Lee Hongki."

Hongki gave a wave and loud screams followed. The talk and introduction were followed by Jonghun, Jaejin, Minhwan and finally Seunghyun.

"Hello everyone! My name is Song Seunghyun! I am so happy to be here right now because I knew I will be able to help children in our own simple way by doing music. Thank you very much. Also I thought Hongki hyung was the only one famous here. BUT BUT...I didn't know I had a huge amount of fans here and they were literally fighting over me this morning and they happen to be 4 feet inches tall. Hello to my fans down there." Seunghyun pointed to the kids he played with earlier and gave them thumbs up. "Oh yeah!!!"

*~*~*

I was about to say more to keep the MC part interesting until a beautiful lady happened to catch my attention and made me just lost for words. She was squeezed through people but I was able to see her easily from the crowd. I choked as I caught Aye chuckle at my joke. I felt so pathetic and was  blushing. She was watching me intently. She was like waiting for me to say more but....what the hell. I was stumped and couldn't think of any more. I looked away grinning sheepishly and scratching my head. I looked back and she was still staring. Ahh what to do, I was caught in the middle where I don't know what to say anymore because this was all impromptu. Good thing Hongki hyung knew me very well and continued talking. I bent my head down and bussied myself tuning my guitar so as to find an excuse of not to look at her.

The showcase started. From time to time if I wasn't playing or singing my part, I would scan the crowd and find her without making it look obvious. She seemed to be enjoying our music and our band performance since I would see her smile very brightly and bob her head a little to the rythm of the music. I was dying to know what she thinks of us. But there is no way I will ask her now, not when I just saw her making out with a guy. The flashback just made me cringe.  There were moments where I would sing and my eyes would be fixated on her. It wasn't on purpose though, it just happened, like reflex and it will be hard to look away.  Everytime that would happen, it will be like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter