Thank You

Brought Together (Novel) *ongoing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Seunghyun's POV

Minhwan wouldn't spill anything about his little trip inside Aye's house or what they even talked about. Unless I treat him to something good or do what he asks of me, he'll give me a 'top info' he knew I would die to know. He was really smart to have thought of this because I really got caught up with his plan. But despite this, I knew Minhwan was still keeping something from me. Everytime I ask him serious or deep questions, he would shift the topic or say that he doesn't know. But he was my best friend and I knew him too well. I knew when he was lying or keeping something from me. His eyes and facial expressions wasn't very hard to read. If he WAS indeed keeping something from me, I'm not sure if I wanted to hear it. Or my heart will be able to bear it. So I let it be.

Our schedule the following days were definitely packed. Of course Aye was always with us since she gets to 'handle' Jaejin. As if eating me up alive as the days went by everytime the two of them gets closer to each other. I would steal some glances from time to time and it would definitely break my heart. The sight of her touching Jaejin orJaejin touching her makes me want to disintegrate. Seeing it happening in person makes me want to disappear completely. The pain must have been obviously shown on my face because Minhwan would suddenly be there to comfort me.

I was forced to restrain myself with my desire to be with Aye. It was either she was too busy with work, school work, Yes I caught her sneaking out some time to study while working!!, or fate just wouldn't let us be. It was her job to look after us but it seemed like the tables have turned for me and I found myself looking out after her instead.

When we were out there performing, Aye would sometimes steal a nap in the corner of the dressing room. What I'd do is I would pretend to have forgotten something before or between the show just so I can get her a pillow or blanket without her realizing.  When I figured that she had been neglecting her meals , I'll ask  the stylist noona who was my friend to buy her food as a favor without her  knowing.   Small acts likes these would give my heart content.

//

After a show, everybody had gone out to play and I decided to stay a little longer in the dressing room so I can have some time for myself. I actually wanted to finish the song I was writing for quite some time. Jonghun-hyung always told me to produce more songs so I can be more of use to the group. I don't know if he was joking or meant what he said but anyway, I always was interested in writing songs and coming up with the melody. It just sometimes, laziness would struck me. I looked around to find my guitar and I saw it. I sat in the sofa, strummed the guitar and cringed by the sound that it made; it was out of tune. Someone must've messed with my guitar AGAIN. I started plucking and tuning so I can get it to sound right. I strummed the guitar once more and hummed the tune. I was singing to myself softly to the tune of my song.

"You're still here?"

I looked up startled by the familiar voice and suddenly stopped playing. It was Aye peaking from outside the door.

"Sorry if I was disturbing. I just checked if someone was still here and was going to turn off the lights. I'll leave now."

I battled in my head on what I should do because its been a while since we actually talked. I diregarded all my senses and followed what first came to mind.

"NO WAIT!"

"What?" She walked back and peeked in.

"Come." I said softly.

Aye walked in and gave me an awkward smile.

"Please close and lock the door."

"Lock it?" She gave me a look of complete wonder but I nodded and reassured her that I wasn't going to do anything stupid to harm her. That was the last thing I'd try to do. If I wanted to harass her in any way, I would have done it long before since there was a lot of chances that I sneaked behind her without anybody knowing what I did.

I rolled my eyes and said to her a matter-of-factly. "You said you were going to check if anybody was still here and that you were going to turn off the lights. But since I am still here, you can't do that. So the least you can do is to lock the door so that it will be clear to anyone that this room was checked."  

She doesn't look convinced so I tried to a little. "Unless you wanted to turn off the lights when you come in. I am okay with that."

"In your dreams." She scoff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter