A Lovers Quarrel

Brought Together (Novel) *ongoing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was grinning ear to ear as I towered over Aye-Chan, My arms still wrapped around her body. I did not even think if I was hugging her too tight or maybe I was suffocating her. All that mattered to me was her answer.

I wasn’t even sure how long I was in that position,  It felt like forever. What her face looked like behind my shoulders, I did not even bother. My mind was pretty much preoccupied from too much happiness. 

But then my mind suddenly registered the words that I let out because of my sudden outburst of happiness.

 “I love you.”

. Did I just confess to her now without me realizing it? Was this the reason why her body was so stiff as if it felt like I was hugging a tree?? What do I do??

I panicked. The huge smile on my face slowly faded away and quickly I removed my embrace from her. Shock was clear on Aye-chan’s eyes as she stared up at me, completely surprised by the sudden skin ship I did to her. Her big round eyes were fixated on me. She obviously was glued on the spot where she stood clearly wanting to know why I did that and what I meant with those three words.

Since I got caught up with this situation and had fallen so deep already that there is no way to escape this anymore, I decided to confess. Screw what happens next, I just want to get over it with my feelings and tell her everything.

Just as I was so nervous beyond compare to speak out and having my mouth hanging open for quite a while, a bang on the classroom door was heard.  

Everybody turned to see who came in to bother us. Aye-chan wasn’t expecting anyone at this time anymore since everybody she invited was here but how she gasped at the sight of that person made me turn curiously too. I suddenly found myself in a state of shock when the person which I least expected to come and see us in this this situation was standing there fuming in anger at the both of us.

“Joon! You came!” Aye rushed over to him with a bright smile on her face like an obedient puppy. I felt a pang in my heart. She put down my flowers on the window ledge and it made my heart broke into pieces.

He didn't answer his girlfriend but instead his eyes were seriously focused on me. I stared back with a blank look on my face.

“Were you just hugging my girlfriend before I came in???” He blurted out.

He. Saw. Perfect timing Seunghyun. 

I groaned. He really was so angry that his nose was flaring and his eyebrows were meeting at the center as I looked on his face. I didn’t even felt terrified of him even though he looked like he was going to pounce on me any minute and punch me on the face hard until I slip into a coma.

“Joon please! Seunghyun just got overwhelmed with something that I told him. He didn’t mean to do that on purpose.” She hang on to his arms in plea.

It hurted so much because ofcourse it wasn’t true.

“Wait a minute! Are you covering up for this guy? What is going on with Aye-chan??? First in the school now here??? What are you playing at???”

He pushed her arms away and shoved her away a little too hard  that she almost lost her balance and that made my sight turn dark in an instant. I stepped forward, wanting to avenge Aye but she looked at me with staggering eyes and held a hand up for me to stop, telling me to let her handle this on her own. I halted.

“There is nothing going on with me and Seunghyun!!! Why do you keep thinking of me that way??? How many times do I have to tell you that he is just an acquaintance because of Chaewon??? Aren't I supposed to be the one nagging here because you were not answering my calls when you should know that it was Chaewon’s birthday today???”

“Do not put the blame on me woman and don’t you dare shift the topic!” His tone was becoming higher. The teachers all of a sudden led the children inside another room.

“Oh my goodness! I cannot believe I am having this conversation with you right now!!!”

I don’t know what to do as I stood there dumbfounded  in the middle of a lovers quarrel, until Aye turned around to look at me with teary eyes. I wanted to comfort her and I don’t have the slightest care if his boy gives a black eye because of that. But her expressions stopped me to do it. She bit her lower lip before forcing out her words.

“Seunghyun, can you take… Chaewon to the reading room please.” Her voice cracked as she blurted out.

I simply nodded and carried Chaewon to my arms then walked to the next room, closing the door behind us.

The doors and walls were made of wood and glass so I can basically still see what was going on outside. I let Chaewon down who practically ran over the book shelf and took some book before reading it aloud. I stared at her small figure with my arms on my hips and feeling terrible for this kid who was oblivious of what was going on.

I bit my lip in concern and turned around to look at the couple who was still arguing behind me. I just felt so helpess because either of my actions will not do any good. I wanted to do something to take Aye from this mess but I knew I had to stay out of it or it will cause even more trouble for her if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter