Gifts for Aye

Brought Together (Novel) *ongoing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It seemed like Jaejin and Aye isn’t going anywhere by the time Seunghyun and Minhwan came so Seunghyun decided to walk down the street where he  encountered a flower shop as he drove a while back.

Perfect. He walked in excitedly at the thought of how happy he could make Aye from the gift.

He walked inside looking left and right at all the colorful plants. The aroma filled his senses and he pictured her surrounded in flowers, how beautiful she would be as if she were a goddess. The young female florist approached him with a sweet smile, interrupting his fantasizing and asked, “Did you need some help?” She batted her eyes at him when he looked at her.

"I want to buy some flowers.”

“Oh, for whom?” She gave him complete attention as he scanned the flowers around him.

“For someone special to me.”

Her face dropped a little as she struggled to maintain her smile. “Ah, yes. So what is her favorite type of flower?”

“Tulips.”

“Do you know what color she likes?”

Seunghyun continued to stare at the air, lost in thought. 'What color will she like?'

 “Sir?”

It’s so confusing.

He took out his phone and searched the “meaning of tulips colors” and pulled up a list of all its meanings.

Red: Red tulips declare true love and are therefore good to give to those you love.
Yellow: Yellow tulips used to represent hopeless love but are now associated with cheerfulness and sunshine.
Pink: Pink tulips symbolize happiness, confidence and caring. They can convey a message of encouragement to someone.
 

This one sounds perfect.

“Chogi-yo,” Seunghyun asked politely. “Do you have any Pink tulips?”

“Certainly.” She pulled up some pink tulips from a vase and held them. “Anything else?”

“Um…I was wondering if you have chocolates to go with it.”

"Oh yes we do have local and imported chocolates. If you want I can give you different sorts, they also come sealed with different box designs."

Later, the florist came back with a large bundle of tulips that she  helped wrap and decorate nicely.

“Perfect. She’ll be very pleased.”

“I hope so.” He paid for the flowers, thanked the florist (who bowed at him regrettably).

 

2 Missed Call

“Seunghyun-ah!” Minhwan exclaimed on from the other line when you picked up. “Where have you been? Why haven’t you answered your phone? Jaejin is leaving!”

WHY DID I SPEND TOO MUCH TIME IN THERE.

He put his phone into his pocket and ran as fast as he could. He found Minhwan at sight, he was out of the car and was gesturing him to hurry up because Jaejin was catching up speed. The both got in the car, Seunghyun gingerly placed the bouquet behind him and started the engine.

It wasn’t long until Jaejin’s car jerked to a stop near a quiet village. A bright lamp post was lit not far from where he stopped. Aye got off carefully with the flowers from Jaejin in her arms.

“Why are smiling like a crazy person?”  Minhwan asked annoyingly.

“Sooo this is where Aye lives.” Seunghyun smirked to himself. It made his heart rate accelerate even faster in excitement with his new discovery. Minari didn’t really need to ask more about this.

Aye waved and waited until Jaejin’s car was gone from sight. She signed in content, went to unlock the small gate to her apartment building before proceeding inside.

"Alright Minari, this is your chance.”

“You are unbelievable. You know that.”  

“Come on! You’re just going to do it once and never again.”

"I doubt that."

Seunghyun whined and pushed the flowers and box of chocolates to Minhwan’s arms. Before he could say anything more, he saw his friend's brilliant child-like smile egging him on and thought there was no backing out from now.

“Wait…um…”

Seunghyun sat back into a slouch, discouraged and confused at his reaction.

“What now?”

“N-no…” He watched his reaction carefully. “It’s just… I’ve never… um…” Minhwan swallowed. “… done this before..like it’s been a while.”

 “What?”

“My heart starts beating really fast, especially when I come up to a girl like that, and I… I get nervous and I don’t know what to do… so I don’t know what I should –”

“Yah..yah..Minari..I don’t think you should be having hose feelings.”

It took Minhwan a moment for him to realize what Seunghyun was saying. He silently stared at him, hands cold as ice.

“Here are some reasons.” Seunghyun held his fingers up to his face. “First, I like her. Second, you don’t like her. Third, think of this as rehearsal when you finally come up to see the girl you like! This is a good experience you kow." He said a matter-of-factly.

His worrying gaze softened and he looked back up at Seunghyun. “Do you understand? ” He asked. “You are not confessing anything to Aye. So why should you get nervous.”

“I should ask you the same thing pabo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter