Yeah, Right

My Genie, Woohyun // Bonus Chapter: 'Keyword' Added
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 7: Yeah, Right ▬

 

“You’re really not going to tell me where we’re headed?” Minji asked for the second time.

“Nope,” Woohyun vehemently shook his head like an excited kid. “It won’t be a surprise anymore if I tell you.”

“Why are you taking me there anyway?”

“Because there are no places like these in my realm. Besides, I want to let loose today after what happened last week.”

Last week. The day when he wouldn’t come out?

“Places?”

“Yup.”

“By that you mean we’re going to more than one place?”

“Yup!” He said excitedly. “First stop’s here.”

Woohyun stood in front of a modern-style arcade. It was the newly constructed arcade downtown which was advertised that it contained various games and different activities for all ages.

As both of them entered, they found out that the higher the floor, the more “rated” the games became.

“This,” Minji scanned the place, “is where you wanted to go?” There were a lot of children running around, screaming.

“I bet it’s your first time here too.” Woohyun turned around to face Minji. “So, what do you think?”

“Yeah, it is my first time. It looks fun.”

“Look! A horse!” Woohyun ran towards the carousel built in the middle of the room. He excitedly went up the stairs and sat on the black horse, gripping the reins. “Hey, Minji! What are you waiting for? Come here, quick!” He frantically waved.

“This is what he calls a date? Yeah, right. It’s more like I’m babysitting him.”

Minji headed towards the carousel and sat on a white horse with the pink reins beside Woohyun. In a few seconds, the carousel started to move and Woohyun got more ecstatic.

“Oh! It’s moving!”

“I can’t believe it. I really am babysitting a genie.” Minji covered her face upon hearing the childish guy beside her. “Hey, Woohyun, what-” Before Minji could finish her sentence, the carousel moved faster, making her almost lose her balance. She let out a little yelp as she gripped the reins tightly while the horse spun around. Woohyun laughed at her, still having the time of his life. “Hey! What are you laughing at?!”

“Your face,” he stuck out a tongue.

“You did not just say that.”

“I believe I just did,” he teasingly replied, smirking.

“You-” Minji stuck out her foot and almost pushed Woohyun off of his horse.

“Whoa!” Luckily, he was able to get back up since he was holding the reins firmly. This time, Minji was the one smiling. Before Woohyun could retaliate, the ride was over. “Aw, that was quick.” He whined as both of them got off. “Let’s go to the next floor.” He immediately grabbed Minji’s hand and led her upstairs.

The second floor was filled with all kinds of sports games, ranging from a wide basketball shooting range to a mini indoor soccer field.

“Which one do you want to try first?” Woohyun asked, turning his head from side to side as he chooses for the next game he wants to play. Minji looked around for a while and the thought of the event last week popped up in her head.

I’ll just treat this day as a stress-free day for him. After all, he did have some kind of sudden illness last week.

“Pick whatever you want,” she smiled warmly as she placed her hands behind her back.

“Really?”

“Yeah. I’m not athletic so I’m not really interested in any of them. Plus, I’ve never played any of these sports before because of… you know.”

“Oh yeah. Then let’s go throw some hoops. That’s probably the easiest here.” Both of them walked to the basketball shooting range and Woohyun bent down to grab a ball that was lying on the ground. “You see that basket over there?” Woohyun pointed towards a basket on the wall. “You have to make that ball go in there.” He explained slowly and carefully as if it was a foreign language.

“Hey," she looked at him with furrowed brows.

“What?”

“I never said I didn’t know th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter