Just In Time [Summoned]

My Genie, Woohyun // Bonus Chapter: 'Keyword' Added
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 11: Just  In Time [Summoned] ▬

 

Minji let out a strained chuckle. “Nam Woohyun? I don’t know who that is–”

“Don’t play dumb with me,” Hoya gritted his teeth. “I saw both of you playing a few days ago.”

“O-Oh, my cousin?”

“Cousin?” Hoya inched closer, smirking. “Or your genie?”

“W-What?”

“Heh. I saw you guys under the Grandfather Tree at lunch.”

Grandfather Tree? But the only time Woohyun appeared was when I made… Oh, snap. I forgot people can see him when I make a wish. What do I do now?

She glanced over at Woohyun who was pacing back and forth frantically near the door, clasping his necklace and chanting words that were most likely spells. Hoya took notice and looked to where she was facing.

“So he’s here, huh?”

“You can see him too?!”

“Gotcha,” he replied with a grin.

Damn it. Woohyun! Help!

“Maybe I should call him over.” Hoya reached for his back pocket and took out his cellphone which had a crown insignia keychain dangling freely at the top.

 

“Don’t go near him,” he gave out another warning.

“He had a keychain with the Dark Magicians’ insignia on it.”

 

“Key–”

This is not going to be good.

Woohyun saw the keychain and gasped, shaking his head and mouthing the words “No” over and over again. Predicting what would happen next, Minji quickly shut her eyes closed, thinking of every possible bad thing that could happen. Hoya chanted some weird incantation and before he could finish, someone burst the door open.

“Hey!”

The voice perked up all of their attention. Minji opened an eye and peeked, wondering as to who her savior might be. Just as she remembered, the voice belonged to none other than her blue-haired friend.

“What are you guys doing?” he looked over to the unsatisfied Hoya who calmly put his cellphone back to where it belonged.

“Nothing,” he replied.

“Minji? Are you okay?” Dongwoo walked over towards the shaken girl and squat down. He lent out his hand to help her stand back up.

Minji didn’t even notice that she was already sitting on the ground, stoned. She tried to reassure him that she was okay but no words came out of at that moment. Dongwoo grabbed her wrist and pulled her up gently. Once she stood up, she noticed that Hoya already left and Woohyun was out of sight.

Just where did he go?

“I’ll take you to the nurse’s office.”

“N-No. I’m fine.”

Dongwoo looked at her and sighed. “Fine, then let’s just go outside for a moment to cool off.”

Minji just nodded as they walked outside together.

 

══════

 

“Here,” Dongwoo held a cold bottle of water in front of her. “Drink this.”

“Thanks.” Minji was still shaken so she had trouble opening the bottle of water. She noticed someone chuckled beside her as a hand came into view and took the bottle away from her grasp.

Dongwoo was kind enough to even buy me something and now he’s opening it for me too? I feel useless.

She thanked him again as he handed the bottle to her for the second time. She drank the water slowly, letting the cold liquid trail down which eased her frightened state.

“Ah, that felt refreshing. Thanks, Dongwoo.”

“Anytime,” he flashed his usual smile.

There was a moment of silence as both of them remained quiet. Only the whispers of the fall breeze were heard as it made the trees sway slightly. In an attempt to break the awkward atmosphere, Minji spoke up.

“So, I was wondering,” she faced Dongwoo who in return gathered all of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter