His and Her Rules

My Genie, Woohyun // Bonus Chapter: 'Keyword' Added
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 2: His and Her Rules ▬

 

It has now been about thirty minutes since Woohyun, an alleged genie that appeared through the necklace, came out. Minji was still in a corner, baffled at the possibility that a genie could actually exist in real life. Woohyun, however, was sitting with his legs crossed on her bed, staring at her.

Aren’t they only true in fairy tales, like Aladdin? She thought.

“Hey,” Woohyun broke the awkward silence and finally stood up.

“W-what?” Minji asked, startled, as she was brought back to reality.

“How long are you just going to stare at my beautiful face? We have to talk about the rules and sign the contract within an hour of me being released. You have thirty minutes left.” He tapped the watch on his left hand.

“Rules? Sign a contract?”

“Of course!” Woohyun beamed. He snapped his fingers with his right hand and a really long sheet of paper appeared. “This,” He held up the paper and looked at Minji, “is the contract.”

Minji stared at the man in front of her, baffled at the endless piece of paper sprawled across her room. Perhaps this was why an hour was needed before a contract was signed. Or more like, can they even finish reading that whole thing in an hour?

“To keep things simple, I’m just going to read the most important ones since we are a bit low on time.” Woohyun took out a pair of glasses from inside his suit and began to read the list while clearing is throat in the process.

“First, as you might have guessed, I will come out when you rub the necklace three times and only when I am most needed. Plus, you have to wear that necklace every single day.” He stressed the last words.

“Second, you can only have three wishes. These wishes cannot include gaining more money, reviving the dead, or useless things like wanting a boyfriend or whatnot. Third, I have a life too so don’t count on me every time you are in trouble. Also, we genies have meetings every third week of the month on a Monday so you can’t summon me at that time. Remember that.”

“Wait, there are other genies too?”

Wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter