Woohyun's Past

My Genie, Woohyun // Bonus Chapter: 'Keyword' Added
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 13: Woohyun's Past ▬

 

As soon as Minji finally opened her eyes, she heard a few mumbling sounds while the wind was playing soft melodies past her ears. She was about to sit up once she realized that she was lying down until she clearly heard who the mumbling voices belonged to. She knew that eavesdropping isn’t good but somehow she had the feeling that she should remain as she is until the time is right.

“So, I guess you have to tell her then.”

“Yeah, I guess.” Woohyun’s voice seemed a bit down. “What do I do, Gyu?”

“Well,” the voice from before resounded. “Since it’s from the Superior, then I guess you have no choice but to comply. Although I should say this to you now, don’t tell her about that, got it?”

“What does that mean?” Dongwoo interjected, curious.

“N-nothing. It’s the genies’ secret, okay?” Sunggyu tried to avoid the question and just as he did, the lifeless girl who just recently opened her eyes slowly got up. She wanted to hear what they had to say without having the need to beat around the bush.

As she sat up, Minji noticed that a warm, silky jacket was draped around her, protecting her from the cold breeze of the night. She gave a little smile as she knew exactly who the owner of the jacket was. It was what he wore when they first met.

“Woohyun?” Minji spoke up with confusion evident on her face as she glanced at the three guys standing before her.

Dongwoo casually walked towards her and gave her a small pat on the head, then handed an open water bottle that he was holding a while ago. “Feeling okay? Here, drink this.”

“Yes, and thanks.” Minji smiled as she took small sips of the slightly warm water. She could tell that Dongwoo didn’t let go of the water since the moment she left to meet the Superior.

“Oho, aren’t our clients close with each other? Was this the prophecy that the Superior detected a few months ago?” Sunggyu whispered as he nudged Woohyun with an elbow to which the other replied with a grim look on his face.

Woohyun sighed as he felt a small tug in his heart when his friend said those words. He suddenly thought about what happened in the past – an event he did not want to end up repeating. So in turn, he could only respond by ruffling his hair to get rid of his previous thoughts. This wasn’t what he wanted but then again, clients are clients and strong relationships with humans and genies are forbidden. That was the personal mantra that he needed to abide by.

“Hey,” Minji broke the silence. “What were you guys talking about?” The three guys eyed each other, not knowing where to begin. Sunggyu motioned his head to the school’s gate to which Dongwoo replied with a nod.

“Welp, it’s getting late so I better go.” Dongwoo stood up as he began to walk out the school. “Oh but before that, Minji, this guy over here is my genie, Mr. Kim Sunggyu.” He pointed to the man beside him who was wearing a nice suit with the same silky jacket and overalls as Woohyun but instead had a glossy tie neatly secured with long, white sleeves underneath.

“Ah, nice to meet you, Mr. Kim Sunggyu.” Minji gave a small wave and had a big grin on her face. “To be honest, I think you dress better than my genie. You look more refined.” Woohyun crossed his arms and gave a pout while Sunggyu and Dongwoo snickered.

“Well, it’s a pleasure, Ms. Nam Minji.” Sunggyu gave a ninety-degree bow with his right arm placed on his stomach. “Please, call me Sunggyu.”

Getting irritated of being left to the side, Woohyun coughed. “Aren’t you guys leaving?”

“Jealous?” Minji smirked.

“Hey–”

“Ah, now, now. We’re both going so don’t fight with each other. Right, Gyu hyung?” Dongwoo cut the two, dragging Sunggyu to the empty streets. “See you tomorrow, Minji!”

“Yup! Bye, Dongwoo!” Left in silence, Minji smiled as she stood up, clutching the jacket firmly as she slowly took it off and handed it over to the only guy present. “Thanks, Woohyun.”

Woohyun smiled warmly as he shook his head and took the jacket, only to place it back and drape it over Minji’s shoulders. “It’s cold and women should wear warm clothing, right? It’s only what a gentleman would do. Now, let’s go home and we’ll talk from there.”

Chuckling, Minji walked alongside Woohyun as she complied. “Playboy.”

“Don’t push it.”

 

══════

 

 

The night grew darker each passing second. The streets were foggy, lamp posts were flickering, and stray cats were meowing by the streets. By this hour, the Nam h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter