Her First Wish

My Genie, Woohyun // Bonus Chapter: 'Keyword' Added
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 ▬ Chapter 4: Her First Wish ▬

 

After her ordeal with Woohyun, Minji walked in her class and suddenly the room was filled with whispers as she sat down in her seat at the back of the room. It was probably the first time after a while that the seat would finally be occupied.

“Hey, who is she? I have never seen her before.”

“Is she new? Does she belong here?”

“Isn’t she the one who always skips classes? I heard she’s a delinquent.”

“What?! I thought it was because of a medical problem.”

“Whatever. Let’s just stay away from her.”

Minji sighed and just stared out of the window, a habit that she formed when she wanted to escape to solitude. She tried to ignore the continuous whispers and listen to the teacher.

Why was I so excited to come back here? Everything’s always the same. She thought to herself while playing with her pen. Dealing with Woohyun would probably be better. She pondered for a minute at that moment, her mind created the perfect plan.

Woohyun... genie… three wishes. Minji’s eyes suddenly lit up.

I know my first wish.

 

══════

 

It was finally lunch time and Minji quickly went to the ‘Grandfather Tree’ behind the school’s backyard. This has always been her favorite place since freshman year and was especially useful whenever she wanted to have some time alone to herself to think and collect her thoughts.

When the coast was clear, she then rubbed the necklace three times and Woohyun appeared in front of her. This time, the puff of smoke was smaller than his first grand entrance.

“Why, hello there!” He smiled his signature smile. “Can I help you with something?”

“I thought of my first wish,” Minji declared.

“Ah, is that so?” Woohyun reached and fumbled in his suit pocket took out a small notepad and a silver fountain pen.

“What’s that for?” She pointed to the notepad which had an infinity symbol drawn on the center along with Woohyun’s name engraved at the bottom as a cover.

“Well,” Woohyun began to write then showed Minji the notepad a few seconds later with her name on the 'Client' section. “This is used to keep track of the wishes that my clients make.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Now,” Woohyun straightened up, “What is your first wish?”

“I want to be ‘normal,’” she told him straightforwardly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter