The Same Bond

My Genie, Woohyun // Bonus Chapter: 'Keyword' Added
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 3: The Same Bond ▬

 

“Minji! Time to wake up for school, honey!” Her father called out. Minji slowly opened her eyes and saw a shiny necklace in front of her.

Huh? I thought I wore it to bed? Half awake, she began to feel her neck to see if the necklace was still there. It’s here. Then, what is that? Her eyes slowly went up to lock with another pair of eyes looking straight at her.

“Good morning, Miss,” the entity said with a grin.

When the realization hit her a few moments later, Minji screamed as she struggled to move as far away as she can from the unexpected visitor right next to her. Consequently, she ended up rolling off of her bed with a thud which definitely woke her up for the morning.

Woohyun squirmed to the other side of the bed to make sure that she was okay. “Whoa! Are you alright?"

Minji rubbed her head and whined. “You— what are you doing on my bed?”

“Well, remember the fourth rule?”

“You can come here when you’re bored?” She asked in a questioning tone, trying to remember last night.

“Nice memory! That’s it, I was bored so I came–” Woohyun was cut off when Minji intervened with a harsh tone.

“Then, what were you doing on my bed? Explain that.”

“Oh. That.” Woohyun smirked. “When I popped in, you were still asleep and you looked so cute so I wanted to look at your beautiful face more closely–” Woohyun was unable to finish his sentence when a pillow flew and met his face.

“ert! Go away!” Minji quickly grabbed her uniform and closed the bathroom door. Behind closed doors, she tried to calm her heartbeat down as she feared that another episode might occur. That genie’s presence really came as a shock to her even after setting down her rules last night.

“Did I say something wrong?” Woohyun mumbled to himself, “I just complimented her, right?”

 

After Minji took a shower, she went outside while drying her hair with one hand. Unlike how she woke up, she was now looking livelier and her face was graced with some light makeup.

“Oh, you’re finally done,” the genie smiled in her direction as he looked up to pause from what he was reading.

“You’re still here? What are you reading?”

“This.” Woohyun held up a magazine to let Minji see the title. It was a girl’s magazine called Seventeen.

She let out an airy scoff, “You read that stuff?”

“Anything to get infor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter