It Worked

My Genie, Woohyun // Bonus Chapter: 'Keyword' Added
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 5: It Worked ▬

 

“Woohyun,” Minji whispered. She opened her eyes and quickly checked to see if he was there but was only greeted with a lifeless room.

Still not here.

She plopped back down, depressed. For once, she felt like she missed him for some reason after what happened a week ago.

“Minji! Wake up, sweetie! It’s time for breakfast!” Her mom called out.

“Coming!” Minji scurried to get her belongings and went downstairs after she took a quick shower.

 

“Good morning, everyone.”

“Oh, Minji. You have another check-up later so come home early, okay?” Her father reminded.

“Sure,” Minji wrote a reminder in her notebook and walked over to the door. “I’m going now. Bye!”

“What about breakfast?” Mr. Jang asked as he placed another dish on the table.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Jang, but I’m not that hungry.” Minji gave her stomach a pat and replied with an apologetic tone.

“Ah, it that so?” Mr. Jang responded. “Then I’ll just pack some snacks for you later before you head out to your check-up.”

“Thank you, Mr. Jang!” She beamed. “I’m off to school.”

“Take care now.”

 

══════

 

Minji walked slowly to school since there was still some time left before the first bell would ring. She suddenly remembered that Woohyun was not beside her at the moment.

Hey, ert. Where are you? She kicked a pebble as she looked down. I kind of feel lonely without having you around messing up my mood although it does get annoying sometimes.

Minji sighed as she felt her heart getting heavy. Is this what they meant when they say that you’re missing someone? She doesn’t know for a fact since she’s never fallen in love or had friends to make her feel this way before.

"But I hope you’re okay, though." After a few steps, she looked at her watch and her eyes grew wide when she noticed what time it was. “Snap. I was too preoccupied, I lost track of time!”

She ran towards the school, just in time before the guards closed the gate.

“Phew. I made it in time,” she heaved a deep breath to calm herself.

“Hey, Minji!” Seungho, one of the guards who became her friend, smiled as he closed the gate shut. “You’re really hyper today. You’ve changed.”

“Really? I did feel light when I woke up this morning.”

“That’s great! It seems like your illness is gone.”

“That would be the best thing to hear since I was born if that was true. I have another appointment again today so we’ll have to see if something changed,” her voice sounded a bit concerned. “They did say that it might just be one of those passing childhood illnesses.”

“Well, I hope everything will be okay. Fighting!” He pumped his fists up in the air.

“Yeah. Fighting!” Minji laughed and followed his gesture.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter