Her Second Wish

My Genie, Woohyun // Bonus Chapter: 'Keyword' Added
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 15: Her Second Wish ▬

 

Just like the last time, Minji dragged Woohyun to the ‘Grandfather Tree’ behind the school’s backyard. Before they reached under the tree, Woohyun smirked.

“Hey, babe,” Woohyun cut in, “I know I’m handsome and all, but you don’t have to confess this fast. Plus, we still have a long way to go, right? You only finished your first wish.”

“That’s why I brought you here,” Minji replied as she let go of Woohyun’s hand once they were under the tree. “I need to tell you something.”

“Oh? What is it?”

“Remember when I told you before that when I go up on stage, I get frightened and I begin to stutter and lose my voice?”

“Mhmm? Go ahead.”

“Well, you did say that making this wish would be one of the best wishes that will help me and all that.”

“Yes?”

“Although I have no idea as to how you know that, I’ll trust you this once.”

“Oh my. You only trust me this once?”

“I meant– Wait! I wasn’t done yet!”

“Sorry.”

“What I was trying to say was, I’ll trust your decision on this and make that wish,” Minji finally finished.

“Oh!” His face lit up. “Oh, goodie! Hold on a second and let me prepare.” With that in mind, Woohyun took out the same notepad from his jacket, which had his name and an infinity symbol engraved on it on the cover, along with his silver fountain pen.

“Do you always carry those with you? Or does your jacket have a magic portal which stores all your stuff?”

“My dear, you’ve watched too much television. Tsk. Tsk.” Woohyun shook his head. “But wait, you’ve watched a lot of television but you haven’t seen me? Now that’s just wrong.”

Minji snickered, “Are you seriously promoting yourself right now?”

Woohyun stood up straight after hearing her comment, feeling embarrassed. “Ahem. Then, let’s get on to the routine.”

Minji then stood a few feet away from Woohyun, getting ready to make her second wish, while he did the same. Both were now holding on to their necklaces in their hand. Then, Woohyun closed his eyes and chanted his spell:

 

"Tell me your wish.

Tell me all your desires; those dreams that you have always kept hidden deep within you. I’ll grant all of them and make them yours."

“I wish I was more confident in myself and not get frightened easily.”

 

In that moment, a bright light enveloped Minji and her necklace glowed. After a few seconds, the light dispersed and Minji, unlike the last time, didn’t feel anything change.

“Hey, Woohyun?” she grew confused as she scanned her body. “Are you sure it worked?”

“Of course, princess! This is Nam Woohyun we’re talking about,” he grinned.

“I don’t feel any change though. At all.”

“Oh? Hmm, maybe you’ll feel it when the time draws near.”

Just then, the speaker boomed from the direction of the auditorium. “Ladies and gentlemen!”

“Snap! We have to hurry!” Minji rushed towards the audition place upon hearing the sound. “Woohyun! Hurry up!”

Woohyun, who was still fiddling to put his notepad and pen back inside his jacket, got left behind. He wasn’t the type to be rushed because he’ll just end up flustered. “W-wait up!”

 

══════

 

“Wow, those ladies have really nice legs,” Sunggyu’s eyes glowed as soon as three students who danced to a y song waved and left the stage. “Are there more, Dongwoo?”

All five of them were standing by the stage since Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Minji were nearing the list of performers. There were no seating arrangements so they decided to just stay near the stage to make it easier for the stage crew to see them once they needed to be called to the front.

“Dude, stop it,” Dongwoo sighed. “You ask me the same question every time a female student finishes a routine.”

“But we don’t have ladies in our department! I’m in need of ladies!”

“Now that I think about it, are there even female genies?” Minji whispered to Woohyun.

“Of course there are,” Woohyun replied as he also stole glances of the women’s legs. “It’s just that we don’t see them quite often since they’re either busy or work in different continents. Male genies are typically stationed over in this area, tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter