Final Chapter: Second Time

My Genie, Woohyun // Bonus Chapter: 'Keyword' Added
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Final Chapter: Second Time ▬

 

Three years have passed since Woohyun's disappearance. Just like the prophecy that happened three years prior, no one knew what happened to the genie except for the Superior. For the most part, everything in the genie’s realm was back to normal. Some genies still missed their greasy colleague but no one took the outcome the hardest other than one particular genie.

“Gyu hyung, you’ve been sulking since this morning. You’re going to make me nervous for my performance.”

Sunggyu looked at his client with sad eyes but he managed to make out a smile. “Sorry,” he cleared his throat before he continued, “Congratulations again on your debut, Jang Dongwoo! We’ve been together for four years now and I can definitely see that you’ve tried the hardest out of everyone. You really deserve this, man! So proud of you!”

Dongwoo laughed as he looked up from tying his shoe, “You sound like a parent. Thanks, Gyu hyung. I guess your constant nagging helped in its own way especially when waking me up in the morning.”

The genie narrowed his eyes on the man, “I’m not sure if that’s a compliment or a complaint.”

By this time, both Minji and Dongwoo have graduated from high school. Both of them pursued courses in the entertainment industry for college with Dongwoo majoring in applied music and dance while Minji focused on vocalization. Since they went to the same university, both friends became as close as they can be.

Today was a big day for Dongwoo as it was finally his turn to grace the stage for the first time. That is because Minji made her debut a year after she graduated from high school after being recruited by a talent scout who happened to get a glimpse of her potential while performing the duet with Woohyun at the talent show.

A knock came from the door and with a bright tone, Dongwoo signaled the person to come in.

“Dongwoo!”

He chuckled as he went over to her to give a hug. “Hey~ I didn’t know that you’ll be here. By the way, I heard that you’re participating in that new duet show. Congrats!”

She excitedly pulled back and held both of his hands in hers. “How can I not support my friend and junior? And thanks! I’m still waiting for my partner.”

He squeezed her cheek, “Aw, you’re so cute sometimes, you know that? Well, thanks for coming even though you just had a performance yesterday, Minji.”

As a response, she playfully hit his chest. “You’re always like this. Even other people would think that we’re a couple but someone here doesn’t even want to be one.”

Sunggyu crossed his legs and arms while he leaned back from his chair. He had a smile on his face as he looked at the two. “She really has changed. As I remembered, she wasn’t this bold before especially when it came to the topic of love. This must be his influence. She was around him for too long.”

“Agreed,” Dongwoo softened his gaze on the woman in front of him. His heart still hasn’t moved on from loving her, yet he felt that he couldn’t take another step even though it has already been three years.

Minji tilted her head in confusion, “Huh? Are you talking to yourself again? You keep on doing that even from high school.”

“Like I said, unfortunately, I’m not the one for you, Minji. Plus, you already have someone. I don’t support two-timing, you know.”

“That’s weird though because you seem to like me too.”

The genie laughed from his seat, “My gosh, this woman is exactly like him!”

“And you keep saying that I already have someone but I have no idea who you’re talking about. I don’t even interact much with other guys except you.”

Dongwoo snickered, “He’ll feel bad if he ever hears that.”

Both Sunggyu and Minji looked at Dongwoo, confused.

 

[2 days ago]

“Are you ready for your debut?” Sunggyu asked as both men were walking down the street.

Since Dongwoo’s CEO told him to rest for today, he decided to go around town to take in the sights. It’s been a while since he was out and about, seeing that he spent most of his time cooped up in either the practice or recording rooms so this was a nice change of scenery for him.

“I’m feeling both nervous and excited so it’s so-so, I guess.”

Feeling a slight tingling sensation, Sunggyu took his left hand out of his pocket and saw that his ring glowed yellow. “Oh? It seems that I’m being called over.” Both of them stopped to look at his glowing ring. “Weird. It’s not the third of the month yet. Anyway,” he looked at his client with a slight wave and tilt of his head, “I’ll see you later?”

Dongwoo nodded, “Sure. Somehow your way of waving goodbye looks like a playboy dumping his girl.”

“How rude!” And after chanting his spell, he left the smiling man with a single poof.

“Hmm, now where should I go?” Dongwoo looked at his watch and saw that it was now ten in the morning. “I guess I’ll go grab a bite. I haven’t eaten breakfast yet.”

With that in mind, he continued to walk for another couple of minutes until he reached his favorite noodle restaurant.

“Ah, smells good as always! Auntie, can I–”

Before he could enter, someone’s side profile caught his attention from two shops over. The figure was hunched over, smiling at the little trinkets in front of him. He was humming a tune while browsing around until something caught his eye.

“Pretty!” He took a box from the table and stopped to peek over at the shop. “Hey, you over there! I would like to buy this one. How much is it?”

The vendor came out of the shop and smiled as best as he can for his customer. Both men exchanged glances and somehow the air around them became stiff.

“Superior?!”

The both of them – and basically everyone on that block – looked to where the screech came from. Dongwoo stood at the same spot, utterly perplexed as to what was happening. He looked at vendor, which was none other than Sungyeol himself, and then to the customer who lifted a brow.

A crowd then formed after they saw what the commotion was about. Girls were squealing by the sides while others took out their phones to take pictures.

“Superior and y-you–” He pointed and inched closer to them in order to verify his suspicions which only left him puzzled even more. “W-What are you doing here? I thought you–”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter