A Goodbye

Behind Those Eyes I Met You

 

“She left?”

The new doctor nodded.  He said that IU left 10 minutes ago after receiving a phone call from her mother.  Damn!  What now?  The burden of keeping her bag is making me mad.  I got a date and here I am, talking with the mysterious doctor who seemed to be examining me with his two deep dark eyes.  And those eyes looks so familiar to me.

“Give me her school bag.”  Dr. Kim said.

“Mwo?  No way!”  I suddenly muttered without thinking.  I can’t trust this guy with the president's things, or else my punishment will be heavier.

“What are you going to do with that?”  he asked.

“I will bring this to her house.”  Jang Wooyoung, what are you saying?  You got a date with Taeyeon! My mind shouted but I tried to ignore it.

The doctor smiled at me.  "Then go and bring that to her.  And better make sure to take care of her.  My eyes are watching you.”  He said and close the clinic’s door, right to my handsome face.

“T-take care?  The doctor’s gone mad.  What did he say?”  I shook my head and look at the bag.  “What now?”  I sighed and phoned Taeyeon cancelling our date.

 

_____

 

IU’s POV

My knees are trembling while running on the wide corridor of the hospital, lloking for the emergency room.

“Y-you’re a-appa…”

My mother’s broken voice keeps on echoing inside my head.  She called me half hour ago, teling me to go to the hospital.  My father was found unconscious on his office.  Heart attack. 

I turned to the left corner and there I saw her, crying on the waiting area outside the emergency room.  It made me froze to my feet.  My hands are shaking and a rush of fear and nervousness envelops me.  For years, I never feel scared like this.  I breath heavily and take a step towards her.  I never talk to her for years.  Even the man I believed is my father.  I distanced myself and never came back from the child they used to raised.  I change myself to return the gratitude of adopting me.  But my heart seems like a dead vessel now.

“O-omma..”  I mumbled, the word barely came out of my lips.  And there, she looked at me with those sad eyes.

“Ji Eun…” She stands up and rushed over me.  She hugged me, to my surprise.  “Your appa..”  She cried and cried, but all I do is to stand up there like a cold doll.  And I hated myself for not doing anything to comfort her.

The ER’s door opened and the doctor came out.  He walked towards us with the face I am wishing I would never see.

“I am sorry Mrs. Lee…”

____

Wooyoung’s POV

I waited after I rang the doorbell.  Its not hard to look for IU’s house because it is so popular around the area.  No doubt about it.  IU’s house is bigger than my house, considering I am a son of a millionaire.

“So she’s this rich..”

The gate opened and a maid greeted me.  I told her why I am there.

“She’s not yet here Sir.  They are still in the hospital.  I will just give the bag to her.”  She said politely.

“Ah deh.  Thank you.”  I answered and smile a bit.  “Hospital?  After resting in the clinic, she goes to the hospital?  What happened?”  My curious mind on work again.

I step back as the maid starts closing the gate.  I caught a glimpse of another maid who is running while crying.

“Mr. Lee died.”  It caught my ears before the gate was completely close.

“Died?”  I mumbled.  “IU’s father?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ne ne...  *pokes pokes*

I got some surprise.  Yeah, you read it right!  I am done with two more chapters for updates.. but...

I will make you wait for about 24 hours!!! ^^

Oh, the surprise....

Someone is coming..... to change our heroine's life!!! kekekeke.....

Lets play guessing game again.. please...........