The Little Monster

Behind Those Eyes I Met You

 

Few minutes more.  She fixes her black, thick-framed eyeglasses and continued typing fast on her laptop.  While her classmates are all busy cramming for the long exam in Biology that would be starting in a while, she’s busy finishing her book report in her Literature class due next week.  She’s aware that all her classmates are giving her a weird stares but she doesn’t give a damn.

“Stare all you want…”  She whispered and click the save button.  She check her wristwatch.  Forty-five minutes.  Record breaking.  She finished her report for only forty-five minutes, breaking her fifty minutes record last month.  She shutdown her laptop and sighed with relief.

She is Lee Ji-eun.  She is a popular student in and out of the Crescent Academy.  Not because she’s a campus queen.  That’s far from reality.  She’s the “Little Monster” of the Academy.  She’s cold as an ice but erupted like an angry volcano when mad.  She is the Top 1 on her class and became the Student Council President on her second year in Crescent, breaking the school rule that only third year or the senior students have the rights to rule the council.  She has no mercy on the students violating the school’s code of conduct and discipline.  Students are either mad or scared at her.  No one really likes her.  She’s nobody’s friend.  But then, everyone are envious of her achievements and status in the school.  Armored with her black, thick-framed eyeglasses, fierce eyes and cold aura, everything seemed to always go on her way.  That’s what they thought about her.

“Oppa is so cute I almost fainted this morning when he smile at me in the hallway!”  Jessica, a blonde chick, squealed.

”Omo!  You should have called me!  I’m excited to see him.  I wish he already transferred here last year.  Why just now?”  answered Sunny with a dreamy expression.

Ji-eun stared fiercely on her two classmates blabbering about a new guy in the next classroom.  “Quiet!”  She said in a loud voice that made the time stopped for a while inside 2-A’s classroom.  Everyone silently settled themselves on their own seat, not even looking at her.  As if on cue, Professor Han, entered the classroom with a satisfied look.

“Seems like IU already disciplined my class”.  Said Professor Han, pertaining to Lee Ji-eun also known as IU.  She preferred to be called “IU” rather than her real name.  IU stands for “I’m Untouchable”.  That is also her famous tagline. 

“Enough of your words, Professor Han.  Should you start our exam now?”  IU coldly said, shutting up their kind professor.

“I was planning to cancel our exam for today—“ The professor started, giving his class a glint of hope.

“No cancellation for a very important exam, Professor Han, unless a more important event occurred at the same time. Part 6, Article 2, Section 1 of Crescent Academy’s Code of Conduct, Rule and Discipline”.  IU stated, glaring on her professor while she’s tapping the pen on her hand at the desk.

“Hmm, you’re right about that, Ms. IU.  So..”  Professor Han sighed, sign of defeat.  “…our exam would start now”.

Class 2-A groan with much complain, but went back to silence as Ji-eun tapped her desk loudly.

 

She’s Lee Ji-eun.  Crescent Academy’s Little Monster.